It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if heaven, hell, limbo, purgatory, reincarnation,creating your own hell are all real??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I was pondering this for a minute and wondering if every belief could be a small part of the truth. Could a place of light (heaven,goodness,angels, God), a place of darkness (demons, hell, darkness), re-incarnation, limbo (a in-between realm), purgatory, creating your own hell be real. What I'm asking is if it could be possible that all of these things are real and are real options for spirits to go and experience after life on earth.

Could person A die and go straight into the light (heaven, God, goodness, angels)
Could person B die and still be here in an in between realm until they are ready to move on to the light (heaven).
Could person C die and go straight into the darkness (hell, demons, darkness, fear)
Could person D die and go to purgatory where they are wiped clean before they can go into the light (heaven)
Could person E die and be re-incarnated and put back on earth again because they died too soon.
Could person F die and be in their own hell that followed them from their life on earth intto the afterlife, until they can get over it and they're ready to go into the light (heaven).

What if all of these above are all options for people once they pass on to the otherside. That would mean everyone is basically correct and just offer a small piece of the big puzzle. What do you think??

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Are you asking if we somehow choose our destination?

It's possible, I suppose. But what all the theories about what happens to us after death are just that: theories. And the simple fact is that no one knows what happens. Some have faith, others don't. But in the end there's only one way to find that answer.

Intriguing post! S& F

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Chief

Or it could be none of these things and we won't remember our previous life just as we do not remember our former life. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I really wouldn't worry, it's all nonsense.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I never said we chose our own destination. I said what if all of these options are real and possible? That would make everybody basically correct. Juss like Christians say that there is only heaven and hell. Psychics say its all about re-incarnation and some people are stuck here until they are helped into the light. Maybe all of these scenarios are possible and based on a person's life (actions) on earth.. You can't possibly think that all that's out there is heaven or hell or just spirit's re-incarnating. Maybe there are many options that are possible once you die. I've even heard of another belief where people die and are re-incarnated into a new form to start a new life in another world. Maybe that's also another option.. This universe is too big and vast for there to be such limited options in the afterlife.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If those were the options i would think that people would be concerned about trying to find a way to land in the most plesant place possible....

that is the idea of religion... more or less...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talon22

???

So what makes sense. Science and the big bang theory and we all evolved from nothing. The big bang created the earth and everything within it?
edit on 17-2-2012 by Big Chief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just like a dream that seems to last for several days but in reality took maybe a few seconds, detah to can be an eternity.
When you die, your brain is actually still alive (unless your brain is obliterated).
After you "die", your brain slowly begins to drain off all of its energy. Its like a rechargeable battery that can't get charged again. It could take hours for the final amounts of energy to fizzle out.
As you die, you fade to black and your body ceases to function. No more heart beating and pumping blood to various other parts like the lungs, etc, all to keep creating energy and pumping it into the brain.
You fade into your dream world through some kind of "forced sleep" (death).

Well, we all know how dreams can go on forever and there are no boundaries of time in dreams.
You would enter a world of peace or perhaps a world of hell.
It all depends on how clear your conscience (or sub-conscience) is.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp
Just like a dream that seems to last for several days but in reality took maybe a few seconds, detah to can be an eternity.
When you die, your brain is actually still alive (unless your brain is obliterated).
After you "die", your brain slowly begins to drain off all of its energy. Its like a rechargeable battery that can't get charged again. It could take hours for the final amounts of energy to fizzle out.
As you die, you fade to black and your body ceases to function. No more heart beating and pumping blood to various other parts like the lungs, etc, all to keep creating energy and pumping it into the brain.

Well, we all know how dreams can go on forever and there are no boundaries of time in dreams.

Ok, so do you believe that nothing judges you upon death? Then, how was this spirit world created? Somebody or something had to create it.. How could we create a spirit world that we can not see?? Do you believe that your on conscious or state of mind puts you into whatever place when you die?? If there is a heaven or hell or reincarnation and so forth that means somebody had to create this place, especially if there are other people in this place with us.. If someone is re-incarnated back to earth again then somebody had to place that spirit in another body, don't you think. I don't simply believe we die and we subconsciously wisk our way to heaven or wisk our way into a new life by re-incarnation. I believe somebody higher up has to be responsible for re-incarnation and putting spirits in different places.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Mind boggling.
energy never dies, right? It has to go somewhere.
Of course us mortals want to believe there is more. Another chance at life, whether it be here on earth or in another plane or place of existence.

My husband always claimed he was an atheist. After he passed, 'my' medium laughed when I brought that up, and simply said 'now he knows better'.

I want to believe there is more. Don't we all?

edit on 17-2-2012 by horseplay because: typo. pet peeve again.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Chief

Originally posted by TimesUp

Ok, so do you believe that nothing judges you upon death? Then, how was this spirit world created? Somebody or something had to create it.. How could we create a spirit world that we can not see?? Do you believe that your on conscious or state of mind puts you into whatever place when you die?? If there is a heaven or hell or reincarnation and so forth that means somebody had to create this place, especially if there are other people in this place with us.. If someone is re-incarnated back to earth again then somebody had to place that spirit in another body, don't you think. I don't simply believe we die and we subconsciously wisk our way to heaven or wisk our way into a new life by re-incarnation. I believe somebody higher up has to be responsible for re-incarnation and putting spirits in different places.

Energy is energy. Since we are all really made up of light particles (energy) then everything is interconnected and everything is "one"
So, memories of past lives, etc could very well be "left over links" or something that used to connect to older energy consciousness.
Everything is either positive energy or negative energy. This basic structure collides all particles and produces "elements", "things" and lifeforms.
If you zoom out and view Earth as a single organism or "cluster of life" then you could see the evolution of overall consciousness from the planet as a whole.
I really don't think this crazy, random and sometimes unfair and unjust life has anything to do with some kind of eternal resting place for "souls". What would be the point of wasting all this energy by giving people an eternal vacation. Don't you think the average organism would get bored?
Life is nothing more than a pile of energy, constantly moving and constantly, collectively growing.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"Your life is a reflection of your perspective on it. If you go around seeing things as being terrible they inherently will be."

The good folks telling you that you're going to hell when you die or will reincarnate as a cockroach or suffer in purgatory or float on clouds all have one thing in common. They want your money. At least 10% of it. Tell ya what, send me just 9% of your money and I give you my solemn word you'll become all the universe and knowledge it contains after you pass. I promise!

Let's set the folks who want your money aside for just a moment and think outside the book. All books regardless of what they promise.

You have free will. Odds are you had free will before you came here and you chose to come here. You have free will now and you will most certainly have free will when you leave this world. It's not a question of what will happen to you, it's a question of what you want to do when you cross over. All evidence points to that. Only the people who want your money say otherwise.

Free the chains from your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
What your soul/spirit is decides how far up you are allowed to go. You are always allowed to go downwards. Your mind and beliefs and body is just temprorary. Even the spirit and soul evolves but very slowly.

You either choose to go to heavenlike places where you can be happy or to helllike places where you are vey unhapppy but try to help other people evolve.

People who are depressed and feel like they are in hell are pusshing on the right Amygdala. People like that are questioning everything and are on their way to become healthier than they have ever been if they are able to push through it. If they get the Right Amygdala to push to the Left Amygdala then they will enter bliss state and they will be able to use both sides of their brains in harmony. vimeo.com...

This is only a physical explantion on how it works in the body that seem to fit. What it means for your mind/soul and connection to anything else is up to you to figure out. We are all special and all have had very different experiances.

I might not have liked my life but it makes sense and was necesery for me to be as I am at this moment in this time. Namaste

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

???

So what makes sense. Science and the big bang theory and we all evolved from nothing. The big bang created the earth and everything within it?

That seems to be the physical view that we are allowed to see with our eyes. But for me the big bang was when god (All that is) splitt itself up in smaller fragments and souls/spritis. And the souls/spirits are all trying in their own way to come back to the whole where every thing is harmonious and calm. The fractal nature of reality is not for everybody to understand.

What I belive to be true is under constant questioning to make sure I have not gotten something wrong, I can only give my views and do not know if they are true. Namaste

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Its more about a frequency match, but its all a school and the lower levels are temporal. Hell is a place of purification.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I have wondered much the same thing, Big Chief.
NDE's certainly give rise to such a question.
Those educated in a Christian view of the world generally experience Heaven, Hell, or some encounter with God, Jesus, Moses or other patriarchs.
Others encounter beings/entities such as "Chaos" and "Harmony".
Others encounter genetic predecessors (Grandparents, Parents, Uncles, etc...).
And, still others encounter more generic scenes, surroundings, sounds, voices, colors, lights...

Some of the differences in these experiences seem irreconcilable if anyone wants to say that NDE's are evidence of some universal truth (of existence after death).
Nevertheless, there is much about the human experience that defies the most common explanations of contemporary science...leaving one to wonder if...belief doesn't carry the potential to create that which is believed-in.

Thanks for posting your thoughts on this topic!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here's my take on it. Let's push religion to the side for a minute. There are alot of researchers who study near death experiences and past life experiences. There's been alot of documented cases of people re-calling past lives that they had no way of knowing. Remembering lives of people they never heard of before. We can probably say that re-incarnation exist in some instances. There has also been many cases of people claiming to 'see the light" and feel the love and warmth from the light. They say they feel the love from the light and they feel so peacefull around the light. There are many documented cases of this too. We can probably say that a place of light and peace exist in some instance. Now, you have other documented cases of some people seeing the darkness and feeling under attack. Some claim to see grotesque beings as well but I've seen many claim that the person was probably just feeling guilty for how they lived their lives and created this scenario out of fright. In my opinion though, I believe the person(s) really saw the darkness and whatever is in it. That darkness is the opposite of the place of light. We can probably say a place of darkness exist in some instances..

Now, you have paranormal researchers and psychics who talk about ghost still being here on earth in haunted houses and old battefields. Some say its nothing but a recording of left over energy being replayed over and over again. I like to think that in some instances it might be but in others there may still be "ghost" that are still here on earth or in between realms/worlds or whatever you want to call it. Maybe there is an inbetween place or some people are still here on earth or maybe its just a recorded of a previous event. I'd like to think it could be either/or.

I believe many other scenarious could be possible too like people bringing their problems from earth into the spirit world. Thus, people creating their own hells. Maybe these people need to be in "their own hell" so they can get over their problems and move upwards into the light. This could possibly be yet another option in the spirit world...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

???

Life is a Byproduct of the Universe...or Multiverse to be more precise. Life or GENESIS has been now created in a LAB....using some Ammino Acids, Sea Water, Solar Radiation especially UV LIGHT as this has the ability to create chemical reactions in the same way an electrical charge can....and Enviromental Conditions that would be present a Few Billion Years back in a tidal pool on a Sea Shore of a now non existant Ocean. Even a lightning strike also could have been the factor along with temp. and specific other enviromental conditions. Put all thee together in their proper quantities and timings and VIOLA! You gt LIFE! Simple life...but life.

To show how close LIFE is to Molecules that are not alive....listen to THIS. A VIRUS IS NOT ALIVE! In fact the three people who won the NOBEL PRIZE IN VIRAL RESEARCH...James B. Sumner....John H. Northrup and Wendell M. Stanley.....won the NOBEL PRIZE in the catagory of CHEMISTRY in 1946. They did not win the NOBEL in BIOLOGY....but CHEMISTRY because a VIRUS is NOT ALIVE! A Virus does not have a cell structure...it does not need nutrients....they do not grow....they do have DNA and RNA...they cannot reproduce unless they have a host....they do not have a metabolism....they must highjack a living cell...inject their Genetic material into the cell which quickly becomes a Viral producing machine until it BURSTS from the shere quantity of Virus' in the cell which helps spread the Virus to more cells. BUT IT IS NOT A LIVING THING!

This is how close the NON-LIVING are to the LIVING. A Virus is very similar in analogy to a Pebble in a persons shoe...that all of a sudden starts using the raw material of the persons Foot to make more pebbles. So LIFE is a Natural Byproduct of the Universe or Multiverse and one thing we know for certain...every action in the Universe as far as Matter and Energy and all other forms of Dark Matter and the like...leed to ONE KNOWN PROCESS...the natural drive for Matter to become more and more complex...to the point of Life...then Multicellular Life...then Plants, Ocean Life, Land and air life....and Billions upon Billions of Single Celled Life.
A VIRUS is not one of them...it is not life....but it is very close....this shows how a complex arrangement of Elements and specific conditions and Enviromental reactions can very easily change something similar to life...into LIFE! It is a natural progression and evolution of Matter and Energy to an ultimate Complexity. And it keeps on getting more and more complex with time. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

join