It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens shoot down Animal rights group drone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So its ok to shoot them down?
I dont think the police and other government agencies
will see it that way if you shoot at one of theirs!

This sets a precedent.
and there is now way you can just shoot Any kind of plain out of the sky.
just one mistake and people could die.
AND they are not in season.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Well, that is true.

There have been cases where bullets have come back down miles away and killed someone. A read a story a while back where a kid died because someone was shooting in the air.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by buddha

Well, that is true.

There have been cases where bullets have come back down miles away and killed someone. A read a story a while back where a kid died because someone was shooting in the air.
Might be important if they were shooting bullets.
They were using shotguns with birdshot, which is not lethal when falling from the air after a vertical or high angle shot.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Ah, I didn't see anything saying what they shot it with. All it said was this:

According to the report, Hindi told the responding deputy the group's remote-controlled aircraft "was hovering over U.S. 601 when he heard a shot come from the wood line. The shot sounded to him that it was of small caliber."

Kind of funny, but still a tad too dangerous especially since the thing was over a roadway. Could have hit somebodies car, power line or something and then we would never hear the end of it. IMO both parties were being pretty stupid, but I think the pigeon shooters are at fault here.

Why didn't they just continue as planned? What about the drone made them stop? Being on youtube or something?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Fair bit of warning for any drone owners in my area. If I see one close enough to hit, I will take it down. I don't need no flying spy cameras in my neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I believe that I would take anything that either group said with a grain of salt.

The club members were shooting pigeons. They use shotguns with birdshot, most events regulate the ammo for the shotguns by providing it, making sure that the members have an even chance by shooting the same size shot and powder charge.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
After having watched a few SHARK vids of pigeon shoots, I would say that the drone was shot because the "sportsmen" were embarrassed.

The truth is that no true sportsman would take part in a pigeon shoot. Pigeon shoots are very unsportsman-like. The animals have absolutely no chance and the "sportsmen" often use the wrong size shot, or are F'ing terrible shots. The end result is injured animals that die slow deaths and the bodies are discarded in the trash. These "sportsmen" do not follow the fair chase doctrine and do not use what they kill. A true sportsmen recognizes this as a an act of a man deserving no respect.

The rich pricks who attend live pigeon shoots like the image of being a hunter or sportsman. The truth is that they are pathetic and they give a bad name to true hunters and sportsmen.

Please inform yourself before ignorantly calling me a liberal, animal rights activist, or something else that shows your lack of intelligence. I am a hunter and I respect my prey. I appreciate the bounty of the Earth. I despise the losers who think it fun to hunt captive animals and show no regard for their own lack of skill or the slow, suffering death of their prey.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I hope they don't try that on my property. I just perfected my EMP bazooka. Both parties in this case suck.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Is this the same incident? Looks like it to me. Doesn't show the drone part.

[Edit to add] Actually this is the drone part. Show that they were on the clear and the drone was above the road when shot. The above video is from another location then.

[Edit to add again] It appears it is the same location but different incident.
edit on 25/2/2012 by PsykoOps because: adds

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join