It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plagiarism and Contradiction in the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Because I was raised a Christian, this came to a shock to me when I read this information. It's really worth looking at.

Plagiarism in the Bible:

Read II Kings 19 and Isaiah 37. Both these books are considered to be written by different authors centuries apart. But it's the EXACT same thing.

Now some of the contradictions, and there a few.

II Samuel 24

And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

I Chronicles 21

And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

God or satan?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

II Samuel 24:13

So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee?

I Chronicles 21:11

So Gad came unto David, and said unto him, thus saith the LORD, Choose thee
Either three years of famine or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee.

Three years or seven?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II Chronicles 36

Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem

II Kings 24

Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months.

8 or 18?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

II Samuel 10

And the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of Syrians

I Chronicles 19

But the Syrians fled before Israel: and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men with fought in chariots.

700 or 7,000?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II Chronicles 9

And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots

I Kings 4

And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots

4,000 or 40,000?

Did the early Jews have problems counting a Zero?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for the grand finale, all this time I was under the impression that Jesus' lineage was from Solomon, son of David.

In Matthew, Jesus is the son of David through SOLOMON.

But in Luke it says he was son of David through NATHAN

Very strange, and also look at both of the different genologies

Not a single name is the same except the name of Joseph who was the father of Jesus, take a look, it's strange.

just an example

MATTHEW

1. David
2. Solomon
3. Roboam
4. Abia
5. Asa

LUKE

1. David
2. Nathan
3. Mattatha
4. Menan
5. Melea

and so on and so forth.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There's tons of contradictions and squicky stuff in the Bible, where God goes against his dictates to mankind ("do as I say, not as I do.".) In fact, there's even two instances of human sacrifice (where girls are killed and then burned as a sacrifice to please God) in the Bible... not to mention incest and other fun stuff.

I've learned a lot, arguing apologietics with the Christians. Best source for pointing out errors is:
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Illmatic67,

I really admire your effort to bash (yes, bash) Christianity & The Holy Bible, but I'm also really sorry to disappoint you that these "contradictions" you've presented here have been refuted a dozen times.

All you need to do is visit a search engine such as www.Google.com... and do some research.

I'm sorry Illmatic, you need to try again. People like you make it all worthwhile.

Toodles

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Thorn
Illmatic67,

I really admire your effort to bash (yes, bash) Christianity & The Holy Bible, but I'm also really sorry to disappoint you that these "contradictions" you've presented here have been refuted a dozen times.

All you need to do is visit a search engine such as www.Google.com... and do some research.

I'm sorry Illmatic, you need to try again. People like you make it all worthwhile.

Toodles

Mike your full of it. If you want to prove him wrong then why don't you look up some info from your "experts" and post it, otherwise you might learn a thing or two..... Illmatic about the numbers...It could be that the that bible was translated from hebrew to greek and latin then to english in the course of 2000 some odd years. In all that time i think there could be a mistake or two

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

Originally posted by Michael Thorn
Illmatic67,

Toodles

Mike your full of it. If you want to prove him wrong then why don't you look up some info from your "experts" and post it, otherwise you might learn a thing or two..... Illmatic about the numbers...It could be that the that bible was translated from hebrew to greek and latin then to english in the course of 2000 some odd years. In all that time i think there could be a mistake or two

I'm not full of anything, lol. As I've said.. good try, but learn how to use a search engine.

debate.org.uk...
www.carm.org...

And tons of others..

Illmatic67, your religious illiteracy makes me shudder.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The first to present his case seems right... till another comes forward and questions him" (Proverbs 18:17)

"...our dear brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom that God gave him....His letters contain some things that are hard to understand which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:15-16

good work!!! Michael Thorn..........
welcome to A.T S...........

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hmm. As I read that "apologetics" site, I notice that they suggest various scenarios rather than stating a truth. This means that "well, there's a mistake/contradiction" needs to be put in there along with their "these are the possibilities" statements.

Omitting one option doesn't make something true.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Because I was raised a Christian, this came to a shock to me when I read this information. It's really worth looking at.

Plagiarism in the Bible:

Read II Kings 19 and Isaiah 37. Both these books are considered to be written by different authors centuries apart. But it's the EXACT same thing.

Now some of the contradictions, and there a few.

II Samuel 24

And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

I Chronicles 21

And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

God or satan?

Very good point. As you have Godly people you also have Satanic people. This passage showes how the satanic forces have manipulated the bible in the past to give Satan praise. You will find this mentality all threw the bible.

And when you say "Lord God", who are you really praising?

It is said in other scriptuers that Satan is the "Lord of this planet", and he has the power of flight. It is also said he is known to take men captive. Sound familiar?

I suggest that Satan is a real entity, with real followers that work in secret societies to keep you in slavery and ignorance.

Next time you give praise to God, make sure that is who you are praising!

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Michael thinks he's the man because he linked me to a site he didnt write.

That site is a DESPARATE attempt to withdraw the contradictons stated here.

How can you withdraw the FACT that in one book it says God told David and in another it says SATAN told David.

You can't withdraw these facts, it's written right in the Bible. And how do you withdraw the fact that in says Jesus came from Solomon and in another it says Nathan, you cant

That site= invalid.
Bible= valid

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Michael thinks he's the man because he linked me to a site he didnt write.

That site is a DESPARATE attempt to withdraw the contradictons stated here.

How can you withdraw the FACT that in one book it says God told David and in another it says SATAN told David.

You can't withdraw these facts, it's written right in the Bible. And how do you withdraw the fact that in says Jesus came from Solomon and in another it says Nathan, you cant

That site= invalid.
Bible= valid

As I've said before.. keep trying!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Mike, he tried, but seems nothing can get through the thick bone of your skull.

Also, I have many bibles here. I'm not christian, I have them to prove points. Major differences, one is about two HUNDRED PAGES SHORTER THAN THE LONGEST ONE!!!!! How? They both KJV bibles, so why one 200 pages shorter(actually 216, but same difference) Also, some have 6:29, the next one only goes up to 6:18. They both Matthew, so why the difference? Or with another two, one has the killing babies by smashing their heads on rocks, the other one doesn't. Actually, three do, nine don't, same version, edited differently.

And, what is smashing babies on rocks a metaphor for? What is killing a woman for being suspicious around an animal a metaphor for? What is King David ordering thousands to die because they don't believe in the same as him a metaphor for? They aren't!!!

But christians on here have told me they are, while thou shalt not kill is literal. Why is that literal yet killing babies isn't? Because thou shalt not kill good and baby killing bad? So what, they are both literal(not that they followed the thous shalt not kill part) not one metapor cause bad and one literal cause it is good.

top topics

join