It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another verse in the Gospel to show OSAS is a lie, a heresy from men

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I don't see every post, I miss some. Ask me a question. Sometimes
they've been objections (protests) that have been replied to a hundred times, I am not kidding.

You don't read all the posts? Not even in the threads you are hosting?
That's irresponsible, and explains why so many of us are dissatisfied with your responses.
Ir-Respons-Ible.....

There are others who also ask questions but don't answer those put to them....

and those of you (you know who you are) are not helping your causes at all....

you expect others to just "take your word for it", and you systematically, without exception pop in with "stop that" and "you're stupid" and "that's wrong", while offering no legitimate and reasonably educated reason do to so....

except "well, I'm special, I'm a prophet, and I say you suck." Or, "this guy Kevin says....blah blah..and he's a prophet, so, you suck."

It's so lame. So grade-school-playground. And such a fail at persuasion (let alone debate).
sigh

I guess it goes to the intelligence factor. Or a simple reliance on gullibility and an ability to make the same statements over and over (parroting, someone called it).
*facepalm*

edit on 6-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"hath" eternal life. That's past tense, and imperative tense in the Greek.

Hey NuT...
urm, sorry to interrupt, but "hath" is NOT past tense.
It is King James 16th century English. (I know this because I am in theater in the Renaissance Festivals and we are REQUIRED to study that form of English...and I also know it from reading original documents from the time)

'hath' means 'has' -- as in "he who hath blue eyes".... a declarative.

In first person, "I have blue eyes", second person, "Thou hast blue eyes"...(you have blue eyes)...and third person: "He hath blue eyes" (he as blue eyes)

Verb
hath
(archaic) Third-person singular simple present indicative form of have.
Thirty days hath September.

'hast' CREATES past tense only as an auxiliary ....as in "he hast gone to the temple"...only in as much as it is 'to have (done something)' added to an action.. "He has gone." as in "he went"

Verb
hast
(archaic, poetic, regional) Second-person singular simple present form of have.
Thou hast lovely eyes!
Thou hast gone from me.
[edit]Usage notes
Hast is the original second-person singular present tense of to have and is now largely archaic, having been superseded by have. It is still however found in poetry and older works, being used both as a main verb and an auxiliary verb, and is occasionally still heard in certain regional dialects, especially in the north of England.

It is perhaps most familiar to modern ears through its extensive use in the Book of Common Prayer of 1662 and the Authorised Version of the Bible, and in other liturgical texts derived from, or influenced by, them. It corresponds to the familiar second-person singular present tense of to have in some other European languages.

edit on 6-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

. . . Mary does NOT. She will be resurrected at the harpazo with the others dead in Christ.

Since you are citing a Greek term, I think it would be proper to point out that harpazo as a word is not found in the Bible. Below is a list of the verb forms that are found:
ἁρπάζουσιν
διαρπάζω
ἁρπάζει
ἁρπάζειν
ἁρπάσει
ἥρπασεν
ἁρπάσαι
ἁρπαγέντα
ἡρπάγη
ἁρπαγησόμεθα
ἁρπάζοντες
ἡρπάσθη
readingthebibleingreek.blog.com...
What this is trying to do, as it seems to me, by saying, harpazo, is to make it out as a noun, which is reinforced by calling it "The Harpazo", which is not in the least bit biblical, but a cult doctrine by people without foundation other than their own imaginations, that is designed to get people to give up hope in the world which Jesus came and died to save, and so to allow the criminals who have financially supported this teaching for over a hundred years, to take over the world without so much as a whimper from Christians who should be going out and causing justice to prevail in the name of Christ.
Conspiracy theory? Yes, and conspiracies are real, for example people conspired for eighty years to cause the creation of the modern state of Israel to come about and to steal the land of Palestine from its inhabitants. That is a real-life example of conspiracy in action, and so far, successful, against all norms of morality, and international law.

edit on 6-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Non-Catholic Christians, accept the child is Jesus and then many of them reject "the woman being with child" is Mary. Makes no sense. Sometimes a verse has more than one meaning. The "woman" in Revelation 12:1 above other meanings is Mary so says the Church and it
is absolutely logical.
It's mythological.
It is the Babylonian myth of Marduk, and the woman is the Babylonian goddess, Damkina.
(This is according to Hermann Gunkel)

Kingu is a dragon commander of Tiamat's forces against Marduk. Kingu is the counterpart of the sky god Anu on the side of darkness.
ancienthistory.about.com...
edit on 6-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Not really.

This is, I am guessing, what you said in reply to Colbe's

Jesus says "do all that I command of you."

Your verse, John 6:40
For this is the will of my Father – for everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him to have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

is one that some people like to use as a "proof text" about the simplicity of salvation, as if you can "just look" and you are saved. The point being emphasized in this verse is that now, the Son is who is standing in (as opposed to, for example, Moses) as the authoritative voice, and beyond even that, the voice who will call you up from the grave, whenever that time comes about.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Not really.

This is, I am guessing, what you said in reply to Colbe's

Jesus says "do all that I command of you."

Your verse, John 6:40
For this is the will of my Father – for everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him to have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

is one that some people like to use as a "proof text" about the simplicity of salvation, as if you can "just look" and you are saved. The point being emphasized in this verse is that now, the Son is who is standing in (as opposed to, for example, Moses) as the authoritative voice, and beyond even that, the voice who will call you up from the grave, whenever that time comes about.

It is not based out of OPINION, it is based out of Scripture. Need *further* proof? Explain to me the Thief on the Cross -

Luke 23:39-43

[39] One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"

[40] But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? [41] We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."

[42] Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

[43] Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Explain how the Thief did the will of the Father in this context, without using John 6:40. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Explain how the Thief did the will of the Father in this context, without using John 6:40. Thanks.
That is a bit of a weird question, to me at least.
The thief was not reading the Gospel of John in the Bible, if that is what you mean.
I don't think I would want to explain Luke, since it is a fictional version, where the writer seems to be a novelist and wanted a nice story. Luke appears to have been written by the same person who wrote Acts, which is know to be very inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
God should be arrested for animal cruelty/neglect

I would be happy if he was jailed for failing to pay his child support. Just another deadbeat dad as far as i am concerned. Ignores the children when they need help the most and then whines and complains when they decide they want nothing to do with him.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That is a bit of a weird question, to me at least.
The thief was not reading the Gospel of John in the Bible, if that is what you mean.
I don't think I would want to explain Luke, since it is a fictional version, where the writer seems to be a novelist and wanted a nice story. Luke appears to have been written by the same person who wrote Acts, which is know to be very inaccurate.

You're cherry picking. This is why the Church is in the state it is in today, because they only talk about what they like, which benefits THEM. "Oh, do good works, give us money! God needs money!" Yea, bull#.

Believe the Bible in it's entirety, or don't believe it at all.

Do you honestly believe God, the creator of the Universe, would have allowed that passage in Luke to have been written, if it was not true?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
We ought to be a work in progress until the day we die. Death is no picnic. The devil does his damnedest to make you renounce your faith on your deathbed. This is something I have heard, but when my buddy was dying and begging for us the pray the St. Michael prayer (a prayer for protection against demons) I knew she was having a very dark interior struggle at the end.

OSAS - seems mighty presumptuousness. It's not my job to judge whether anyone goes up or down, including me.

That being said, we must never lost hope in God and that we are a part of His plan for our salvation.
edit on 4/6/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You can not separate Jesus/Father/Holy Spirit. They do not have separate wills.
The "good" thief did something quite awesome. He professed his belief in Jesus which no doubt gave him comfort and even if for a fleeting moment Jesus was able to focus on the future and take his mind off the excruciating pain He was suffering.

Regarding the word "excruciating":It's from Latin excruciare, from cruciare, to crucify.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You're cherry picking.

Luke is just not something taken seriously by the people I read, and I don't own a commentary on Luke.
It also just so happens that Luke is among a group of books, with Jude and 2 Peter, and Revelation which describe fire coming down and burning people up as a form of punishment. Acts also (by the same author, apparently) has Peter striking people dead, which is out of Character with Christianity, for lying about what they sold something for.
All these books are evil, and I have to wonder about the Christian experience of anyone who believes in them.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

What makes you believe Luke is evil?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What makes you believe Luke is evil?

Black magic ritual.
Historiolae or Historiola
Two ways to spell it.
Do a Google search for Historiolae.
When you see a hit:
Ancient Jewish Magic: A History - Google Books Result
click on that and read the page on curses.
This is what Luke is, a black magic book of spells.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I do have to comment, at least for what it is worth, that Luke was my least favorite gospel.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You're cherry picking.

Luke is just not something taken seriously by the people I read, and I don't own a commentary on Luke.
It also just so happens that Luke is among a group of books, with Jude and 2 Peter, and Revelation which describe fire coming down and burning people up as a form of punishment. Acts also (by the same author, apparently) has Peter striking people dead, which is out of Character with Christianity, for lying about what they sold something for.
All these books are evil, and I have to wonder about the Christian experience of anyone who believes in them.

Right. You don't like something, so you found an excuse for why it might not be reliable or authentic.
Cherry picking.

How is Peter "out of character"? That makes it sound as if it was a fictional book, written by someone who couldn't be consistent with their story-telling. Nonsense. Peter is still simply a man - he wasn't perfect, as he certainly wasn't Jesus. If he strikes someone down (what verse is that, by the way?), it doesn't mean use HIM as an example. We use Jesus as our example.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

has Peter striking people dead.

Peter didn't strike anyone dead. The Holy Spirit did as an example, just as Peter didn't raise anyone from the dead, the Holy Spirit did residing in Peter. Christians are not gods, but we have His Holy Spirit inside us, and He does the miracles to glorify Jesus Christ through us. The same Holy Spirit who wrought miracles through Jesus Christ to glorify the Father.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

OSAS - seems mighty presumptuousness.

I'm sorry, but that's highly offensive. We aren't saved by the presumptions we make of or the promises we make to God, but by trusting in the promises He already has made to us revealed in His Word and by the Person and work of His Son, the Living Word made flesh, the Lord Jesus Christ. If you know in Whom it is your justification rests, and trust the promises He Himself made then it's NOT "presumptuousness" to believe I'll never be cast away if I trust in Him and call upon His Holy Name....

THAT'S FAITH!

The same saving faith that was counted to Abraham for righteousness, Glory to God.

edit on 7-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

*raises hand*

1. Knew Christ was innocent and he was not.
2. Believed Christ was who He claimed He was.
3. Trusted and affirmed He is Lord.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." ~ Romans 10:9-10

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Since you are citing a Greek term, I think it would be proper to point out that harpazo as a word is not found in the Bible.

That's a lie:

2 Corinthians 2:22
2 Corinthians 12:4
1 Thessalonians 4:17
Revelation 12:5

Harpazo is G726 in Strong's Concordance:

1) to seize, carry off by force

2) to seize on, claim for one's self eagerly

3) to snatch out or away

Harpazo

new topics

top topics