It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

another verse in the Gospel to show OSAS is a lie, a heresy from men

page: 8
1
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is where the Bapstist once saved always saved doctrine comes from, since you yourself do not know, it is biblical:

Jeremiah 31:31-34

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more

Hebrews 8: 7-12

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”




posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


I believe in ISAS (IF saved always saved) from John chapter 6. Jesus says anyone who calls upon His name He will "never" cast out. In the Greek it's a double negative. In English those don't work, but in Greek it's a form of stern emphasis.

It basically says: "I will never, never, never, never, never cast them out."


edit on 5-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
An excerpt from a recent message to a non-Catholic Christian messenger.
Kevin receives serious, teaching messages from Our Lord.

Jesus says in three sentences, three well known Protestant beliefs are
false. He is preparing in a loving way our brothers and sisters in Christ
to accept the Truth. Our Lord is getting our brothers and sisters ready
to accept what He shows us all in the Great Warning. The Remnant
is Roman Catholic.

obvious OSAS, out the door
the Altar Call, out the door
prosperity gospel, out the door

To share, about the "Altar Call", yes it is moment of conversion for non-Catholic Christians, accepting Jesus into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior. It's not our justification. Justification is past, present and future not a one time event. And something totally missed, there is no altar in Protestantism.



April 1, 2012

Message to Kevin Barrett

Will You Let Me Take You Through the Fires of Purification?

...Oh hear Me, My people. Why do you listen to the hirelings and false teachers and prophets? Did I not say in My word that not all that say to me ‘Lord’ ‘Lord’ shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, save those that do the will of the Father who is in heaven? Then why do you still go about doing your own will and tell yourselves that you are My bride? My people, you have been lied to by the enemy of your soul. Seek Me in these things. Surely I will reveal My truth to you. I love you, My dear children, and it is My desire that each of you share My throne with Me. But unfortunately only a remnant shall overcome. For too many have listened to the lies told by the false shepherds and prophets. THEY SPEAK OF HOW YOU EACH ARE ALREADY CLEANSED AND ADORNED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS SIMPLY BY YOUR BELIEF ON MY NAME. These are all lies, My people. For does not My word say that he who DOES righteousness is righteous? Yes, My people, you are made righteous by your faith in Me, but it is fulfilled by your obedience to My voice. IT IS NOT IMPUTED TO YOU BY A ONE-TIME CONFESSION OF MY NAME. Oh, My people, you have been lied to. Read My word for yourselves. Why listen to those that fatten themselves by fleecing My sheep? I have not sent many of the shepherds that are out there. They have sent themselves for their own glory and their own profit. Oh, My people, did I not say in My word to judge them by their fruit? Then where is the fruit, My people? Oh, but those that have itching ears care not about the fruit. THEY WANT TO BE TOLD ALL IS WELL AND THAT THEY SHALL PROSPER if they simply believe on My name and My promises. Lies, lies, lies, I tell you...




www.openheaven.com...



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


So your response is to share non scriptural gobbledegook that has no basis in the bible. You can't even use correct contextual scripture to make your case, instead you rely on a dead woman (Mary) who gives you messages in emails and one verse out of an entire chapter or sequence of chapters to throw stumbling blocks in a real christian's path.

What you do is no different than what secular people and nonbelievers pull and that should worry you, but somehow i doubt that it does.



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


colbe can't give any rational or logical reasons for adherring to catholicism:

I've asked colbe in so many other threads to clarify things about the RCC, and colbe usually just blows off the questions he can't answer...

Colbe....we're not picking on you. We are Truth crusaders, and the RCC has no place in Raw Truth...



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


The point im making is that there is no power in the universe that is strong enough to take you away from God, no one can snatch you out of his hand and this includes yourself. Once you give yourself to him it is a done deal and Jesus confirms this in John 10.

John 10: 25:30

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

This is in after Jesus tells the pharisees in John 10 that he is the Good Shepherd. I know you know this but Colbe for some reason seems to not know these things. You cannot remove yourself from his grasp once he has you, or this makes you more powerful than God which is impossible. Works without faith is dead, faith without works is also dead, your works shall manifest through your faith. If you do not have the faith, you will not have the works because your works mean nothing.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


colbe can't give any rational or logical reasons for adherring to catholicism:

I've asked colbe in so many other threads to clarify things about the RCC, and colbe usually just blows off the questions he can't answer...

Colbe....we're not picking on you. We are Truth crusaders, and the RCC has no place in Raw Truth...


I don't see every post, I miss some. Ask me a question. Sometimes
they've been objections (protests) that have been replied to a hundred times, I am not kidding.

Everything you know of Christ came from the Catholic Church. Less,
the types and prophecies about Our Lord foretold in the Old Testament.


take care,


colbe



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by colbe
 


The point im making is that there is no power in the universe that is strong enough to take you away from God, no one can snatch you out of his hand and this includes yourself. Once you give yourself to him it is a done deal and Jesus confirms this in John 10.

John 10: 25:30

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

This is in after Jesus tells the pharisees in John 10 that he is the Good Shepherd. I know you know this but Colbe for some reason seems to not know these things. You cannot remove yourself from his grasp once he has you, or this makes you more powerful than God which is impossible. Works without faith is dead, faith without works is also dead, your works shall manifest through your faith. If you do not have the faith, you will not have the works because your works mean nothing.



I liked your reply. It's not outrageous or unkind. We can discuss.

Jesus says first in verse 28 ~

"And I give them eternal life"...

When does this happen? After we are justified, Jesus is speaking of Heaven. No one will snatch us from His hand in Heaven, we've made it.

Before, yes, it's called "sin", dying in mortal sin.

One thing is very important to realize about our required faith and works.

Good works, following Christ do not come automatic from having faith. We're not robots. We still have to choose to do a good work. It's both. Some Protestants insist that it is the faith that does the work in us not we ourselves. Faith (God's gift to man through His Word / Eph 2:8; Rom 10: 17) is a necessary motivation for us to obey but it does not make us obey.

Man has a choice to resist or yield, therefore the obedience is our responsibility. It is our obedience in response to faith that brings justification (and Eternal Life). Justification then brings "perfect" or "complete" faith, the proof we have that Eternal Life (See John 3:36!). Further, Eternal Life is something we possess in degrees and that corresponds to how close we have grown to Christ. It is Eternal Life we are given not a promise of the eternal possession of that life. That Life, however, is so powerful that nothing in all the universe, but one's own self will and sin, can remove us from Christ's hand (Romans 8:35-39).



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by colbe
 


So your response is to share non scriptural gobbledegook that has no basis in the bible. You can't even use correct contextual scripture to make your case, instead you rely on a dead woman (Mary) who gives you messages in emails and one verse out of an entire chapter or sequence of chapters to throw stumbling blocks in a real christian's path.

What you do is no different than what secular people and nonbelievers pull and that should worry you, but somehow i doubt that it does.


No, it's called prophecy, private revelation. God speaks to every generation. You're mistaken believing Martin Luther's heresy of Sola
Scriptura, it came from his mind not God.

Scripture even says not all of God's revelation is written in Scripture.

Mary is not dead, this has been explained 100 times, no a 1000 times.
Mary is the mother of God, mother of Our Lord, she is in Heaven with
her Son, God the Father and God the Holy Spirit and the angels and the saints. Try to accept this, it's Scriptural. The beloved Apostle speaks
of Our Lord's mother in the last verse of Revelation 11 and in the first
verse in Revelation 12. Mary is in Heaven, she is the Ark of the New
Covenant.

What bothers me, why do you see God makes exceptions, say Ellijah
but can't see it in regards to Mary?



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 



Eternal Life is something we possess in degrees and that corresponds to how close we have grown to Christ


That makes little sense...

Life is either eternal or its not...

I'll give you a star for that reply though ( not the one above
)


edit on 6-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 



Jesus says first in verse 28 ~

"And I give them eternal life"...

When does this happen? After we are justified, Jesus is speaking of Heaven. No one will snatch us from His hand in Heaven, we've made it.


Colbe that's NOT true. Jesus says those who believe already "hath" eternal life. That's past tense, and imperative tense in the Greek.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." John 5:24


Every one of those verbs are past tense in English, and imperative tense in the Greek. It's already a done deal when one places their trust in Him.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 



Mary is not dead, this has been explained 100 times, no a 1000 times.


Then we can speak to any dead person huh that has passed? You're missing the point, Christ has a RESURRECTED body, Mary does NOT. She will be resurrected at the harpazo with the others dead in Christ.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by colbe
 



Mary is not dead, this has been explained 100 times, no a 1000 times.


Then we can speak to any dead person huh that has passed? You're missing the point, Christ has a RESURRECTED body, Mary does NOT. She will be resurrected at the harpazo with the others dead in Christ.


N.T.T,

You're missing the point, Mary isn't dead nor are the saints. They are
in Heaven with God. They root for us here, they intercede for everyone
here. It's Scriptural, you who profess Bible Alone. Bible Alone which isn't Scriptural.

They aren't "dead", you can speak in prayer to the saints in Heaven which includes Our Lord's mother and ask for prayers from the souls in Purgatory.

Question...

How is it prayers, some of them mental prayer no one hears are answered by Mary in Heaven and the saints in Heaven? Realize, they are all prayers answered in God's Will like ours down here. You are an intercessor with God by your prayers for loved ones but you dismiss those who are Heaven interceding? Okay. No, that's so illogical. There's a sect who preach "soul sleep" professing only God and the angels are in Heaven. Nonsense.


Jesus was resurrected, He is God. His mother was "assumed" into
Heaven. God took Enoch and Elijah to Heaven and they were only
holy prophets. What do you imagine Jesus would do for His mother?

...the last verse in...Rev, Chapter 11
Revelation 11:19

And the temple of God was opened in heaven: and the ark of his testament was seen in his temple, and there were lightnings, and voices, and an earthquake, and great hail.

...the first verse in Rev, Chapter 12

Revelation 12:1
And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars:

The Ark of the New Covenant, the ark of His New Testament in Heaven is Mary. Better than the Old Covenant Ark, she carried God Himself inside her. John is presenting who that is in the last verse of Chapter 11 because He speaks of her in the very next Chapter, the first verse of Chapter 12. Mary is the "woman" clothed with the sun. You can see now why Our Lord addressed His mother more than once and from the cross as "woman."

Non-Catholic Christians, accept the child is Jesus and then many of them reject "the woman being with child" is Mary. Makes no sense. Sometimes a verse has more than one meaning. The "woman" in Revelation 12:1 above other meanings is Mary so says the Church and it
is absolutely logical.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe
 



Eternal Life is something we possess in degrees and that corresponds to how close we have grown to Christ


That makes little sense...

Life is either eternal or its not...

I'll give you a star for that reply though ( not the one above
)


edit on 6-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)


"Eternal life" above is referring to Heaven.

True, our soul is eternal Akragon, it will either go to Heaven (includes those souls which are being purified, their purgation in Purgatory) or to Hell at our particular judgment. At the Final Judgment our soul and body will be reunited whichever destination we chose by our life.

Thanks for you kind comment.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by colbe
 



Jesus says first in verse 28 ~

"And I give them eternal life"...

When does this happen? After we are justified, Jesus is speaking of Heaven. No one will snatch us from His hand in Heaven, we've made it.


Colbe that's NOT true. Jesus says those who believe already "hath" eternal life. That's past tense, and imperative tense in the Greek.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." John 5:24


Every one of those verbs are past tense in English, and imperative tense in the Greek. It's already a done deal when one places their trust in Him.


Sorry N.T.T.,

Jesus says "do all that I command of you." What does that entail?
"He that heareth my word", that means everything. You accept some
oral tradition and some Magisterial teachings of the Church and some
prophecy. All three are no where in Scripture. God's "word" is all of
His revelation. "Bible Alone" and "private interpretation of Scripture"
messes you up. They are both heresy.

Start reading the Douay Rheims, the footnotes will help, there is no
error. You can learn why the Church teaches what she does.

www.drbo.org...


"Faith Alone" is not true, it's a heresy from Martin Luther. You have
misinterpreted Scripture. Why Luther tried to throw out the book of
James, read James 2:24.



have a holy and happy Easter,


colbe

p.s. that's why the Protestant message to Kevin Barrett, Our Lord
explains simply in a few sentences. And another fact, if all it requires
is faith in God. Why is there only a Remnant?



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Not really. I will quote two passages Jesus himself spoke, and let you decide..

Matthew 7:21 -

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."


John 6:40 -

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by colbe
 


Not really. I will quote two passages Jesus himself spoke, and let you decide..

Matthew 7:21 -

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."




Thanks Lionheart, you share a verse that shows it is more than "faith alone" as Jesus said in the message to the Protestant messenger Kevin Barrett. Jesus is teaching, correcting a false belief, faith alone, which is a heresy.

"but only he who does the will of my father"....

It's more than believing, you must "do"...an action...the will of the father.

Look again at Jesus words to Kevin Barrett on April 1st. Our Lord
uses the same word "DOES"...meaning an act not just belief.

Message to Kevin Barrett

4/1/2012

...But unfortunately only a remnant shall overcome. For too many have listened to the lies told by the false shepherds and prophets. THEY SPEAK OF HOW YOU EACH ARE ALREADY CLEANSED AND ADORNED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS SIMPLY BY YOUR BELIEF ON MY NAME. These are all lies, My people. For does not My word say that he who DOES righteousness is righteous? Yes, My people, you are made righteous by your faith in Me, but it is fulfilled by your obedience to My voice. IT IS NOT IMPUTED TO YOU BY A ONE-TIME CONFESSION OF MY NAME. Oh, My people, you have been lied to...



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 





Mary is in Heaven, she is the Ark of the New Covenant


This is blasphemy right here. Mary isn't one with the Father, and she isn't God in the flesh. She didn't shed her blood for our sins and she wasn't nailed to the cross, nor did she reclaim her Godhood and self resurrect. This is goddess worship you're doing for The Queen of Heaven Ishtar who in the bablyonian religion is also called "The Whore of Babylon". Mary is as dead as a doornail, still in the grave until resurrection day, she is asleep.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


I highly doubt Mary is dead in the grave. I don't believe in Marian worship much, though I do say hail mary's occasionally, it's more of a sign of respect for her, rather than praying to her as God.

I believe she most definitely is in Heaven, alive with Christ and all the saints.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 



I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

To my ears, this means there should be NO ONE proselytizing. One needs do nothing but look within. The Divine is within your heart.

For all shall know....none shall 'teach', none shall say 'Know the Lord'....

but but...that's what you guys do every day!!




top topics



 
1
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join