It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

another verse in the Gospel to show OSAS is a lie, a heresy from men

page: 6
1
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.




posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by colbe
 



NOTurTypical,

How come you quote Catholic Saints, the first Christians, all of them
Catholic and then ignore the fact you deny the faith? Makes no sense.


To show you he too admits that Pre-Millennialism was the dominant view of his day. (Chiliasm)



Catechism of the Catholic Church

Paragraph 676
The Antichrist's deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgment. The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism, especially the "intrinsically perverse" political form of a secular messianism.

Our Lord isn't coming again to reign in His person on earth again which
is millenarianism. There will be many mystical events, divine charisms
during the 7th day BUT Our Lord is going to reign spiritually. It will
be the Eucharistic reign of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Like Scripture states,
Our Lord isn't coming again in His person until the Final Judgment.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 

New Covenant sacrifice is offered to the Father in an unbloody manner in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
I understand that but don't think it is right.
It is an invention of man, the idea that Jesus is ours to offer to God.
Paul says Jesus is God's to offer to us.

My cousin is really into the Seventh Day Adventist Church. He told me one day that you will know when the church (SDA) has gone to hell when you see communion where they have the table with the symbols of bread and wine up on the podium instead of at the floor level, and a single man officiating over it instead of a group of elders.
I saw that very thing before my eyes at my local SDA congregation and have not gone back since then because they have become virtual Catholics.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

LOL, no. He will redeem them to Christianity, trusting in Him as their Messiah and God.

Your dispensationalism makes no sense, since according to you, the Jews become Christians, why would they not just join the Church like everyone else? And why would they be doing animal sacrifices at a temple in Jerusalem?


They cannot join a church until their spiritual blindness is lifted.



What was the purpose of eliminating all the Christians?


What do you mean by 'eliminating all the Christians'? That's an odd phrase to use. Who wants to eliminate any Christians??


What you are seeming to be saying is that after a certain point, only Jews are allowed to be Christians.


Huh? The elect get to become Christians. Whomever that Father gives to Messiah Jesus our Lord will come to Him. Every last one. And every one of those people, who call upon His name, He will 'in no wise cast out'.

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.


What is the point of all of this?


To have the wayward brother return home like in the parable of the prodigal son. That's exciting. To see prophecy fulfilled in front of us, that's awesome too, and ultimately Christ Jesus is coming back for His church, His bride.
Anywhere with Him is better than anyplace here. Come Jesus, Come!


eal Christianity is that Jesus is sovereign Lord now.


Of course He's Lord, that's why we call Him Lord. Right now.



Jesus sends his spirit to the world to draw men to him and to believe and to follow the spiritual law, and so saves the world as it says in John 3:16.


Yeah, He gave two commands, Love Him/God with all our mind and strength, and love our neighbors as ourselves


All you have to offer is a world ruled by Satan and hell coming to earth.


Jesus, Paul and John all talked about the same thing, And it's only hell to those who accept the mark of the beast. The man of sin.


Jesus said the gates of Hell will not prevail against his church, but you say it will and will destroy it off the face of the earth.


"Gates" are defensive weapons, not offensive ones. And no, I never said hell would destroy the church, quote me where I did.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

They cannot join a church until their spiritual blindness is lifted.

Hardened, or calloused, is how Paul describes it in Romans.
Why do you insist on saying blindness when obviously you are referring to Romans 11, where that is not the term used?
Basically you are placing God in the role of Satan, causing the world to be evil and actually virtually wiped clean of any living humans, until there are only a few people left, who God then decides to take away this barrier from, which had prevented them from believing.
I don't think your cult's doctrine is right at all. Paul says what was preventing the acceptance of the Gospel was the work of "the god of this world".
I'm looking at a web site saying, "How the church hinders the Jews from salvation."
The idea being, (according to the anti-christians) the church has to be gotten rid of so the Jews can . . whatever.
This goes back to my earlier point that all this sort of talk is antichrist.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

They cannot join a church until their spiritual blindness is lifted.

Hardened, or calloused, is how Paul describes it in Romans.

Why do you insist on saying blindness when obviously you are referring to Romans 11, where that is not the term used?
Basically you are placing God in the role of Satan, causing the world to be evil and actually virtually wiped clean of any living humans, until there are only a few people left, who God then decides to take away this barrier from, which had prevented them from believing.

I don't think your cult's doctrine is right at all. Paul says what was preventing the acceptance of the Gospel was the work of "the god of this world".
I'm looking at a web site saying, "How the church hinders the Jews from salvation."
The idea being, (according to the anti-christians) the church has to be gotten rid of so the Jews can . . whatever.
This goes back to my earlier point that all this sort of talk is antichrist.


You can't ignore how John describes "the spirit of antichrist" and how he describes the person "the antichrist" and make up your own arbitrary definition of both terms. Well, obviously you can because you keep doing it, I meant logically you can't continue to do so. And Jesus also says their "blindness/hid from thine eyes" isn't forever, but temporary. He says "until".


edit on 21-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

You can't ignore how John describes "the spirit of antichrist" and how he describes the person "the antichrist" and make up your own arbitrary definition of both terms. Well, obviously you can because you keep doing it, I meant logically you can't continue to do so. And Jesus also says their "blindness/hid from thine eyes" isn't forever, but temporary. He says "until".

If I meant in relation to the antichrist as described in 1 John, I would say so, otherwise it is any way I want to define it, and any way anyone wants to understand it. Generally, it is (in my usage) someone who takes away from Jesus or presents a false, substitute Jesus.
edit on 21-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

You can't ignore how John describes "the spirit of antichrist" and how he describes the person "the antichrist" and make up your own arbitrary definition of both terms. Well, obviously you can because you keep doing it, I meant logically you can't continue to do so. And Jesus also says their "blindness/hid from thine eyes" isn't forever, but temporary. He says "until".

If I meant in relation to the antichrist as described in 1 John, I would say so, otherwise it is any way I want to define it, and any way anyone wants to understand it. Generally, it is (in my usage) someone who takes away from Jesus or presents a false, substitute Jesus.


The Word already defines BOTH who has the "spirit" of antichrist and who doesn't, John also teaches about "the" antichrist. BOTH are defined already in the Word, so anything you say that is contrary isn't accurate. You can define things all day if you want to, Biblically your personal private interpretations are irrelevant.





edit on 21-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Biblically your personal private interpretations are irrelevant.

. . . and . . ?
My opinion is not going to be included in the next version of the Bible, if that is what you mean, otherwise I have no idea what you mean.
My opinion is what this forum is about. And everyone else's opinion who writes on this forum, otherwise what is the purpose of it?
If all you want is someone to give you an iron-clad "truth", just watch your YouTube videos from your self-appointed prophet and don't bother reading this forum because you are going to find a lot of opinions.
And if you want Bible, I am sure you have one you can read without even having to turn your computer on.

edit on 21-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


Dude, you call everyone who you think is against Christ "the antichrist' when "ante" in the Greek doesn't mean "against" or "opposite of" it means "In place of/imitation". You don't even have the right connotation that the Greek carries, not what "anti" means in English in 2012,

You have amazing eisegesis of the text jm.


Biblically your personal private interpretations are irrelevant.

edit on 21-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
OSAS is easily proven. This article will give perfect examples as well as the difference between our spiritual union with God and our earthly fellowship with him.

gracethrufaith.com...

Also, from the same site is a good explanation of the misunderstanding of Romans 11:22

gracethrufaith.com...

This site answers any questions with biblical proof. He is also very good at answering e-mails if you have anything you want to ask him.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


Dude, you call everyone who you think is against Christ "the antichrist' when "ante" in the Greek doesn't mean "against" or "opposite of" it means "In place of/imitation". You don't even have the right connotation that the Greek carries, not what "anti" means in English in 2012,

You have amazing eisegesis of the text jm.


Biblically your personal private interpretations are irrelevant.

edit on 21-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)


NTT,

Why are you being allowed to go off topic and very rude, won't answer anyone's questions directed to you about the the thread subject?

Because....no one's complaining. That's why. ATS needs to correct
this biased rule. Where do I complain about this...it continues (humor).

The anti-Catholic bias of this forum. If you are anti-Catholic, you send a complaint to the moderators and zap, the post is gone.

But, if you're Protestant, keep on as NTT has, the "off topic" censor doesn't apply.

Moderators if you can't see it's a "fix", for posts people do not like. A complaint isn't enough, you have to apply the "off topic" rule to everyone. Otherwise, you have a closed forum. Someone should start a thread
on the subject.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


Dude, you call everyone who you think is against Christ "the antichrist' when "ante" in the Greek doesn't mean "against" or "opposite of" it means "In place of/imitation". You don't even have the right connotation that the Greek carries, not what "anti" means in English in 2012,

You have amazing eisegesis of the text jm.


Biblically your personal private interpretations are irrelevant.

edit on 21-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)


NTT,

Why are you being allowed to go off topic and very rude, won't answer anyone's questions directed to you about the the thread subject?

Because....no one's complaining. That's why. ATS needs to correct
this biased rule. Where do I complain about this...it continues (humor).

The anti-Catholic bias of this forum. If you are anti-Catholic, you send a complaint to the moderators and zap, the post is gone.

But, if you're Protestant, keep on as NTT has, the "off topic" censor doesn't apply.

Moderators if you can't see it's a "fix", for posts people do not like. A complaint isn't enough, you have to apply the "off topic" rule to everyone. Otherwise, you have a closed forum. Someone should start a thread
on the subject.



Oops, there's a group who spend their time in my threads mocking
the faith. I was talking about another thread, the one NTT and windword
are off topic in...

Here's the title, read for yourself.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by resonance
OSAS is easily proven. This article will give perfect examples as well as the difference between our spiritual union with God and our earthly fellowship with him.

gracethrufaith.com...

Also, from the same site is a good explanation of the misunderstanding of Romans 11:22

gracethrufaith.com...

This site answers any questions with biblical proof. He is also very good at answering e-mails if you have anything you want to ask him.


You have to look at the origin of OSAS. It was never taught by
Christ or the Apostles to follow. End of story. How are you saved
at one point in your life if you are suppose to "persevere" to the
end?

OSAS came from Calvin and when did he live?



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Biblically your personal private interpretations are irrelevant.

. . . and . . ?
My opinion is not going to be included in the next version of the Bible, if that is what you mean, otherwise I have no idea what you mean.
My opinion is what this forum is about. And everyone else's opinion who writes on this forum, otherwise what is the purpose of it?
If all you want is someone to give you an iron-clad "truth", just watch your YouTube videos from your self-appointed prophet and don't bother reading this forum because you are going to find a lot of opinions.
And if you want Bible, I am sure you have one you can read without even having to turn your computer on.

edit on 21-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)


jm,

You've struck the falsehood of Protestantism, how can there be more
than one version of Scripture? And how does personal opinion have anything to do with our Justification? It doesn't, PO amounts to heresy.

God has revealed the plan to one Church, the Roman Catholic Church.

A group of men foolishly broke away...over and over and over again.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

You have to look at the origin of OSAS. It was never taught by
Christ or the Apostles to follow. End of story. How are you saved
at one point in your life if you are suppose to "persevere" to the
end?

OSAS came from Calvin and when did he live?


OSAS was definitely taught by jesus in the apostles. It shows that in my link.

"Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” - John 6:28-29

Also, probably the most famous verse in the bible

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

That is the be all end all of what is required to be saved. If you don't agree with OSAS you do not have a full understanding of why Jesus' sacrifice saved us from sin. He was our kinsman redeemer. Research that and you will understand.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by resonance
 



John 6:47 ~ "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."


"Hath" everlasting life? Huh, what, .. "Hath"? Jesus says those who believe already possess eternal life. "Hath" is past tense. Hath is the past tense of the present tense "have" and the future tense "will have".



John 5:24 ~ "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."


Again, the believer, Christ says, already "hath" eternal life. And they have already passed from life to death. "Passed" again is a past tense word. Jesus says those who believe already possess life eternal.



John 6:37 ~ "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."


All that God the Father gives to Jesus as an inheritance will come to faith in Him. They will, every last one. And all that the Father has given to Christ, and who call upon Him, He said He will "in no wise" cast them out. If any one of us can be lost, God has a new name (Mr. Butterfingers), and Christ is a failure in His mission not to lose any the Father had given to Him.

Sorry folks, Christ is no failure.


edit on 12-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 

And how does personal opinion have anything to do with our Justification? It doesn't, PO amounts to heresy.
I think you are living in the wrong century and rather than attracting people to your cause, I would say you are adding to what repulses people from it. In this day and age your threats are not going to get any traction in anyone's mind and why your church so often had to resort to violence in order to get attendance rates up.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe
 

And how does personal opinion have anything to do with our Justification? It doesn't, PO amounts to heresy.
I think you are living in the wrong century and rather than attracting people to your cause, I would say you are adding to what repulses people from it. In this day and age your threats are not going to get any traction in anyone's mind and why your church so often had to resort to violence in order to get attendance rates up.


hi jm,

I notice you never reply to my questions for you, you change
the subject. How come you won't say whether you are Protestant
or Orthodox? You implied you are Orthodox instead of Protestant.

I think you're Protestant, Protestants do not like to state their
sect affiliation. And...

Where does "threat" come up in my posts and how come you call the true faith, a "cause?" You just can't say it can you. Try. Roman Catholicism is the true faith. After the Great Warning, no more division in Christianity, the Protestant sheep and the Orthodox sheep will come home. How come you don't believe God can do this or that He desires everyone to
believe the same?

Prepare now, don't run away any longer. Prophecy is going to be fulfilled. I wish I could help you come to belief. You are smart enough, that's not the problem, have faith.


blessings,

colbe




top topics



 
1
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join