It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16 fighters intercept small plane too close into Obama's airspace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

U.S. F-16 fighters intercepted a small plane that strayed into restricted airspace around President Obama's helicopter on Thursday in Los Angeles, and more than 20 pounds of marijuana was later found aboard the intruding aircraft, officials said. The two F-16s were scrambled from March Air Reserve Base, east of Los Angeles, by North American Aerospace Defense (NORAD) Command officials alerted to an airspace violation "in the vicinity" of Los Angeles International Airport, a NORAD spokesman said.

That pilot or x-pilot is, was, and will be regretting the day he ever took up flying lessons, i mean its not as if he could push the throttle and zoom out from the airspace, well i guess he could but not with two F16 breathing down his neck. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Perhaps this guys has some serious bad karma to pay for from his previous life, i mean the presidents airspace and they launched fighters to intercept..lol..would pay a million dollars to hear or see that guys reaction was when he seen the fighters...more than like it was..omg wtf..sheet sheet sheet..

www.csmonitor.com... _medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feeds%2Fusa+%28Christian+Science+Monitor+|+USA%29
edit on 17-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Lmao that's great, at least he will have an interesting story to tell his cell mate when he gets locked up. just think about how pant dirtying having this scenario pressed on you would be with out the illegal contraband in your plane. I couldn't even come close to imagining how dirty his pants were by the time he touched down.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Indeed i could imagine the prison talk,

Pilot - what did you do,

Cell Mate- me not much, bad wrap, went into a bank but caught..

Cell Mate- You ?

Pilot- Not much had two F-16's chased me down cause i flew into the presidents air space with some hooch

Cell Mate- Dude.. that is f*cked up

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Surely he logged a flight plan regardless of that cargo, this is still a little stinky for me. He'll certainly have some good tales to tell though

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I say look at it this way...if you were gonna smuggle ANYTHING no matter how long or short of a distance, and you were using say....a normal car, would you be speeding? Would you run stop signs? Or perhaps would you drive in a more proper fashion than you do the rest of the time? What if you had to tell the government where you were leaving from and where you were going to before you even started the engine lest you be charged with a crime? The pilot would have had a radio and would have been using it. He likely wouldn't have allowed himself to get anywhere near any other aircraft and he would definitely have been warned by radio before he got close to that helicopters airspace. Also...15 pounds?!?!? That is absolutely preposterous! Too small to hide and way too much to claim as personal in the hopes of a smaller charge. That amount would fit into a medium sized backpack. Anyone trying to move weed in a cesna would have LOADED the bloody thing. I may be nitpicking on this, but I can't help but think this story stinks worse than even the DANKEST weed.

top topics

join