It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Presidential Write-in Candidate Requirements For Each State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
writein2008.blogspot.com...

I've seen loads of people say if Ron Paul isn't on the ballot they will write him in. Can't do that in my state. The link above has links to all the states requirements.

It's all I could find in the few minutes I spent. The links to the law in my state were dead but the statute number they had listed is right, as I looked it up.

NRS 293.270 Voting by printed ballot or other approved or authorized system; write-in voting prohibited; exception.
1. Voting at any election regulated by this title must be on printed ballots or by any other system approved by the Secretary of State or specifically authorized by law.
2. Except as otherwise provided in chapter 293D of NRS, voting must be only upon candidates whose names appear upon the ballot prepared by the election officers, and no person may write in the name of an additional candidate for any office.

www.leg.state.nv.us...

This might clear up a bit of confusion. I seem to remember this conversation around here four years ago but there's probably a few new people since then.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

It appears that your State does not allow write in votes...

however your first link is a blog.

Best bet for people interested in write in votes would be to contact their State Attorney General and ask what the law is in regards to writing their candidate of choice

ETA S&F for bringing this to peoples attention... kudos
edit on 8-5-2012 by kalisdad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Yeah, it's a blog but it has all the links to the states. It was all I could find. I don't know if these regulations have been updated since 2008 but I couldn't find any other list of all the states in one place.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Bear in mind that... given that votes still count, chances are slim to anorexic that any indy or write-in candidate is going to garner more than a small corner of the votes. But overall, your vote is also seen as being taken away from a 'mainstream' candidate and CAN affect the outcome.

Personally, I would LOVE to see an indy win... but I also realize that the way things work, it take a movement on a huge scale to make it worth your vote.

I don't criticize your vision... I merely urge caution so you don't play into the plans of someone else.

top topics

join