It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Friends Will Be Gone "For Some Time"

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What very few people have acknowledged is that there is a HUGE elephant in the room.

That elephant is the many nuclear plants which litter the USA. Unless we all force the closure of these nuclear plants, any earthquake of reasonable size will cause the same kind of results as japan is experiencing now.

Yes, there have been maps which show where the nuclear plants are, but no-one seems to have really taken on board, the unseen effects of nuclear radiation should it escape into the atmosphere following an earthquake of any size. It will not just be a matter of evacuating your home and family to somewhere else because that somewhere else may be in the path of the downwind drift of radiation from any one of the nuclear plants damaged by the earthquake. Just like what has happened in Japan. The authorities will not tell us what damages have occurred. They will not warn us of the wind direction, and there will be no internet avaialable to find out.

They talk of "lessons Learned from Fukushima" but they are only addressing the safety of the nuclear plants to reasonable-sized earthquakes. If a large one happens anywhere and if flooding occurs like it did last year but on a much larger scale, then these nuclear plants have not got a hope of containing the disaster and multiple meltdowns will occur in spite of the "lessons learned". It makes us all feel comfortable when they use these phrases, but in our hearts we know that there will be no significant improvement due to it costing too much money. The Fukushima disaster is the meltdown of only 4 nuclear reactors. If a large earthquake happens as we have been talking about, there will probably be more than just 4 meltdowns.

Am I being negative or irresponsible pointing this out? No, I dont think so. I have read all of this thread, and it does seem to me to be focused on the immediate effects of the earthquake plus the subsequent flooding which will occur. However, this really is a small, very small impact compared with the release of toxic and radioactive elements into the atmosphere which will last for tens of thousands of years and affect the DNA of every living thing, animal, insect and plant on the planet.

We just dont want to acknowledge the seriousness of something we have let get so badly out of our control.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Vey good points q!

I've told my wife (love her to death, but she is a staunch ostrich) that if the NMSZ let's loose in a major way, we need to head for the southern hemisphere because of the nuke situation. She just gets that "oh #" look in her eyes and then shuts it down.

I'm sure you've seen that look when explaining the fuku-monster to people who think it's all fixed and when they realize you know what you're talking about and it is an uncontrolled beast, their eyes widen and they get that hunted look to them.

You and I both know what would happen in that situation (big eq); loss of offsite power followed by the inability to get more fuel for generators (the ones that survive) due to damaged bridges etc (see my post on the Impact assessments done but the University of Illinois) and then a repeat of Fukushima Daiici...in several locations across the middle of the country.

She then says "not gonna think about it..." and goes back to her American Idol etc.but she knows I know about this stuff, she just chooses not to so she can live in her safe little MSM world hoping what we talk about here (on ATS) doesn't happen.

It will be up to people like us to lead people like her (those that want to be lead) if this occurs.

She thinks our emergency kit is only for hurricanes, but I know better...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
Are you guys sure it was about earthquakes? Could it may have been this? Way too close for comfort...

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Wow, very nice find indeed! I wouldn't hesitate to agree that this certainly had something to do with it. Never ever did I hear anything being reported on this...can't imagine why. I would start a new thread if it hasn't been done already. Well done!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm a lift operator at loon mountain nh and a co-worker of mine, who usually is working most of the season, has been gone for a while. He also works for fema

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Thanks for pointing the spotlight on the elephant in the room Q. We all know FEMA has prepared, somewhat, for this very scenario. Hence all the body bags ordered. MRE's ordered. In the worst case scenario, such as Fukushima in the New Madrid EQ region, those who are contaminated will certainly not be allowed to scatter to the four winds...they will be rounded up and held in camps.

The nuclear situation far surpasses any EQ's. I'm on the outskirts of the NM fault zone...but not outside the nuclear waste zone.

These thoughts need to be brought into the light of day. It's not a matter of *if* it happens...it's when it happens.

Des

edit on 24-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is probably the scariest thread I've ever read on ATS. I have nothing productive to contribute, merely posting to keep this thread subscribed in My ATS place, as it greatly behooves me.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iconic
I'm a lift operator at loon mountain nh and a co-worker of mine, who usually is working most of the season, has been gone for a while. He also works for fema

Are you able to make contact with him....you know....to see why he hasn't been at work?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
General reference link with video:

www.aljazeera.com...

In March 2011, a devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan caused a meltdown at the Fukushima nuclear power plant.

As tens of thousands of people were evacuated from nearby towns and villages, the world waited anxiously to see whether the radioactive fallout would spread across the country, or even be carried overseas.

Unsurprisingly, in the wake of this incident, the nuclear operations of other countries have come under considerable scrutiny.

One such country is the US where more than 100 similar reactors - some of them in earthquake zones or close to major cities - are now reaching the end of their working lives.

Their owners want to keep them running, but others - from environmentalists to mainstream politicians - are deeply concerned.

In this investigation for People & Power, Joe Rubin and Serene Fang of the Center for Investigative Reporting examine whether important safety considerations are being taken into account as the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) considers extending the licences of these plants.

The agency has recently come under fire for glossing over the potential dangers of ageing reactors, for becoming too cosy with the industry and for political infighting among the agency's senior executives, which critics in the US Senate and elsewhere say seriously hampers its ability to ensure safety.

The investigation focuses on the Pacific Gas & Electric nuclear facility at Diablo Canyon and two others, which are at Indian Point in New York and Fort Calhoun in Nebraska.

These three sites represent the dangers posed to nuclear power plant safety by earthquakes, terrorism and flooding.

Rubin and Fang discover that the NRC's oversight track record is far from perfect, and that unless urgent action is taken the US could be heading for a nuclear catastrophe of its own.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa

Great visual, but wouldn't a change in wind just take out the rest?

Hence the Colorado bunkers everyone is always babbling about. They're safe in their 2 mile deep holes full of food, fuel, water, and Sex and the City repeats on bluray, while the rest of us battle to sort this mess out.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1ibl2ibs

Originally posted by Iconic

Are you able to make contact with him....you know....to see why he hasn't been at work?

Other co-workers told me he was doing "his other job" which is the reference to FEMA. He's an absolute d*. Womanizer, conservative, opens his over-opinionated face too much; typical persona of someone who fits my image of FEMA

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Either they're pulling your leg, or you're pulling ours.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If TSHTF then nuclear power stations are the least of your worries.

With the proliferation of chemical plants out there, the minute that power is shut off widespread for more than a few days, the planet is in serious trouble.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
If TSHTF then nuclear power stations are the least of your worries.

With the proliferation of chemical plants out there, the minute that power is shut off widespread for more than a few days, the planet is in serious trouble.

The half life of nuclear radiation is much...much...longer than almost all chemicals.......both are bad. Nuclear is worse....

Des.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Truth, which is why I bought for the fam and myself high priced gas masks with NBC filters and NBC suits. Nothing like being prepared. Especially if you live on the Eastern half of the continental United States. Take a look at those maps again. There's a hell of a lot of nuclear facilities on this side of the Mississippi. I used to think buying those masks was extreme and unfounded... then Fukushima happened.

I don't know about the rest of America, but I can't afford my own 10 year bunker like the elites, but to not own a good mask and filters in this day and age is just reckless. Now I look at it as the same as owning a fire extinquisher. In fact, I had a Fire Fighter actually commend me on my purchase. He informed me that 8 out of 10 deaths due to fire could've been prevented if there were a gas mask in the home.
edit on 24-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Unreal...my dog is acting very, very strange right now. I certainly hope it's coincidence only. Here I am posting this and now becoming worried. Hope it's not my last ...lol

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

What do you mean by strange?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

What do you mean by strange?

Very alert...Looking up at the ceiling a lot. Pacing the floors. Hungry, no. Potty, no. Sick, no. Very alert and whimpering.

Edit: I am a vet, so animal behavior is something I know.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Vinny5036 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Maybe it's nothing. I don't know, but I do know he is acting out of character.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

What`s your 20?

That way I can check some Seismos close to you

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Northern Illinois

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join