It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Friends Will Be Gone "For Some Time"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

I have a feeling that ANGELA is just doing her job and her handlers don't mind if she's rude.

Good for you on putting her in her place though. It's blatantly obvious why she created her profile. She hasn't commented on anything else. It will be interesting to see if she does and if she comes back here.

Here is a link detailing what FEMA logistics personnels' purpose is and what their responsibilities entail:
www.au.af.mil...
edit on 21-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!

Thank you for bumping this thread! AHH. I am scared kind of. I mean is this a Joke? It can't be a coincidence

This is the only time anything on this site has scared me. I dont wanna be here if a massive earthquake rips...

Look up what would happen... total devastation. Everything here is made from Brick. EVERYTHING. Tall buildings. All of StL!

Everywhere. It would he horrible and horrifying... OMG.
edit on 2/21/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Deep breaths. It'll be OK.

I really think it's about time though that people get any medications refilled that they may not be able to get in the event something much larger happens. Also, get your water, your canned goods, charcoal, lighter fliud, matches, alcohol, cigs, and don't forget to make sure your pets have enough food.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

OMG...I am a little freaked out! I live in TN and just came home from a weekend in St. Louis, MO.

On the way home I wasn't feeling good (running a fever) and just kept thinking of what it would be like if a big EQ happened...while I was gazing at all the water. Just crazy to wake up this morning and see the NMSZ had an eq and then to see the chatter that was taking place this weekend on ATS is a little bit freaky! I am about to go work but...I have to say I am thinking of getting some supplies just in case.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheExopolitician

Wow, thank you. I'm honored!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
4.0 quake just happended on the Mississippi River right on the border of Kentucky and Missouri. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
No guys, I'm still watching the thread. I have nothing to new to report. I have not talked to either one of them. It is not uncommon for them to be gone for a month.

All I have been doing is keeping an eye out as I've always done. I don't see any reason to panic. Just business as usual on my end. If and when a big quake rears it's ugly head, I hope to be prepared.

To the one poster:

Yes I was in the Navy, and my health is fine thanks.

No need to get gruff.

Have a great day all!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TrulyColorBlind

The lack of swiss cheese and re-released movies? That's what you are basing the systematic depopulation of your area on?

Well, I am far outside of your area. In fact, I am no where near any of the highlighted areas, yet Casablanca never appeared in my theaters either. I do still have Swiss cheese on my shelves, however that too is dwindling in favor of more gourmet options -- brie, etc. Gourmet being a more palatable word than: IMPORTED.

The reason you are no longer seeing Swiss cheese has nothing to do with a potential earthquake, creating a dead zone, or anything else related. Rather, I think this is the culprit:

The largest manufacturer of Swiss cheese in the US is Brewster Dairy, located in Brewster, Ohio.

Swiss Cheese

No factory workers, no cheese. Rather, just as most of our products and clothing, more and more cheese is being imported making US cheese companies less profitable.

Further, if you look at Brewster's website, it will tell you that not only do they produce Swiss Cheese, but powdered whey, much of which is shipped overseas to foreign countries.

In the US, the number of dairy farms is steadily decreasing. From 2009:

Illinois farmer Linnea Kooistra expects to keep her 250-cow dairy farm afloat despite a rising tide of red ink caused by a collapse in milk prices, but other U.S. dairy farmers may be forced out of business.

Many of the more than 60,000 dairy farms in the United States have been cutting costs, selling off their cows, or leaving the dairy business altogether as milk prices plummet 35 percent in just the past two months while dairy farm operating costs remain uncomfortably high.

Some farms are losing $200 per head every month.

"We've dealt with 18 percent interest. We've dealt with farm recession. We've dealt with droughts and floods and this is by far the worst economic situation we have ever dealt with in our years of farming," said Kooistra, who has run Kooistra Farms in Woodstock, Illinois, with her husband since 1980.

Source: US Dairy Farms in Crisis

Last but not least, the number of dairy farms has been steadily decreasing while the milk production per cow has increased due to hormone injections and other questionable practices. With all of the information coming out regarding the dangers associated with BGH, we now have less dairy farms and since many farms are no longer using BGH, milk production has slowed drastically.

I think you are seeing the systematic collapse of the US economy as we continue to sell everything we can overseas while offering dwindling products and jobs in the US....rather than creating a "dead zone" in the area of this fault. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Please don't worry. I live in St Louis and did not feel a thing. The only quakes I have felt were the Arkansas fracking quakes.

I can also assure you there are steps actively being taken to build up the infrastructure of roads and bridges, esp the ones around hospitals. There are helicopter landing pads in many places near hospitals. Small emergency clinics are being opened locally everywhere (if you live in STL look at all the Mercy clincs in the strip malls).

There are calls out for volunteers on the TV. Our siren system got upgraded, tested and upgraded again.

Instead of panicking, get ready and then help others to get ready. We need volunteers.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

Here is a thread with some historical information on the new madrid fault. I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by katfish

Please don't worry. I live in St Louis and did not feel a thing. The only quakes I have felt were the Arkansas fracking quakes.

I can also assure you there are steps actively being taken to build up the infrastructure of roads and bridges, esp the ones around hospitals. There are helicopter landing pads in many places near hospitals. Small emergency clinics are being opened locally everywhere (if you live in STL look at all the Mercy clincs in the strip malls).

There are calls out for volunteers on the TV. Our siren system got upgraded, tested and upgraded again.

Instead of panicking, get ready and then help others to get ready. We need volunteers.

Katfish, do you have information on who or where we contact to volunteer?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036
No guys, I'm still watching the thread. I have nothing to new to report. I have not talked to either one of them. It is not uncommon for them to be gone for a month.

All I have been doing is keeping an eye out as I've always done. I don't see any reason to panic. Just business as usual on my end. If and when a big quake rears it's ugly head, I hope to be prepared.

To the one poster:

No need to get gruff.

Have a great day all!

Vinny, How the hell did he or she know you were in the Navy? I would watch that one if I were you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I mean I'm not literally freaking out you guys... preparing myself a little, yes.

My points about the possible destruction of several large midwestern cities are valid though. In the event of even a slightly larger earthquake, destruction is possible. Everything is brick. EVERYTHING.

Brick and Earthquakes DO NOT mix. Its scary to think about what would happen.

Educate yourself

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

This could be very telling when real estate sales are at an all time low in mo. We could be takin' names here... as the new 'owners' could be shills...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What everyone needs to remember is that a 6.0 quake in Cali will feel like a 7 or 8 in the New Madrid area. The ground is mostly rock and during the last big quakes there it bounced people off the ground. People slept outside for a month because of the aftershocks, not to mention it changed the flow of the Mississippi river and buried a town under water permanently.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SahaniWaya

Originally posted by Vinny5036

To the one poster:

No need to get gruff.

Have a great day all!

Vinny, How the hell did he or she know you were in the Navy? I would watch that one if I were you.

I've stated it on here before. Plus, I know who this is, nothing to watch. I may be stupid, but not too stupid to pay attention.

Edit: BTW...she does not state I am in the Navy, she actually inquires. Good guess I must say.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Vinny5036 because: Addendum

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
4.0 quake jolts Missouri this morning. It was apparently felt in 13 states. Might mean something... might mean nothing but it jumped out at me in light of this thread. No reports of major damage... just some shaking.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theplu
4.0 quake jolts Missouri this morning. It was apparently felt in 13 states. Might mean something... might mean nothing but it jumped out at me in light of this thread. No reports of major damage... just some shaking.

I was going to post the same thing. Though msnbc.com says it was felt in 9 states. Kind of makes you wonder how they knew. If they can semi predict earthquakes they could save thousands of lives.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Today on MSNBC
4.0 earthquake in Missouri shakes 9 states

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
First Thanks for the Post. This site is alwsome.
Talked with a friend this morning and asked, How much is 140M Mre's. He told me Fema needed a 100M mre's in louisiana.

I saw 14+million was ordered but I saw somewhere else that 140M was ordered.

I know very lil' about this subject... but I am very glued to this post, thnx vinny.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join