It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Friends Will Be Gone "For Some Time"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+123 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have two friends who both work for FEMA here in Illinois. I periodically touch base with them to see what's going on in the state and in the nation. These guys have worked all over from 9/11 to Katrina to Joplin tornadoes this past year. Both of these guys I have know for about 9 years now and have always been on the up and up with me.
In past meetings they've always said that if they deemed it necessary, no matter what, they would care enough to tell their closest friends and family if something was coming down the pipe.
Well, yesterday I stopped by to chat for a bit while out and about. I seriously don't want to give too many clues to whom they may be. There are things I could mention that if the right person where to pick up on this, they would be found without a doubt. In any case, we were standing in the kitchen shooting the bull and I asked them " don't you guys get enough of each other at work that you hang out when your home too..?" They told me they were leaving tonight for "some time" down to the Illinois-Missouri-Tennessee area. I asked them what was going on and was told that if what happens that they think is going to happen, it's going to be a big quagmire. They said that they've been training for many months on the fault zone of New Madrid and that it could happen sooner than later.
I got this big lump in my throat. "So a big earthquake possibly?" He said if this thing "breaks loose" like they've predicted, it will bring massive casualties to big cities in the midwest including Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis, Louisville, etc. Natural gas pipelines will rupture causing uncontrolled fires along with several nuke plants taking massive damage as well. They said that the massive chaos could be enough to declare a Marshal Law situation. Many communications will be down so the panic of not knowing whats going on will cause widespread looting and disorder. The power grid will certainly be affected as well.
This is my first thread, so please folks, what do you think about this?? I trust these guys 110% because they're very good friends and they're family men. They really don't even like the government that they work for.
I left there very frightened and tense. I have no reason to believe ever that they would make this up. They're straight up people, they just work for the wrong side.
Does anyone think there is any validity to the subject besides myself? Any threads lately backing what they're claiming??
Please, go easy on me, I'm not a fear mongerer, just a father and a husband who cares about his family and the people that surround me.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

Thanks for the heads up, Vinny.

Are you able to remain in communication with them while they are gone? It would be great to have updates if possible. I know there's a thread on here somewhere about how the government was posting ads for bids from companies/contractors who could handle filling large orders of menu specific MREs and other companies that would be able to ship out to the areas you're mentioning. I'll see if I can locate the thread.

I believe this is the one I'm thinking of by burntheships:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am from StL and I really dislike this info but i'll give you a Star n a Flag... if somethings happens ATS...

I guarantee my last words were "I #ing Knew it."

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Thanks for the heads up, Vinny.

Are you able to remain in communication with them while they are gone? It would be great to have updates if possible. I know there's a thread on here somewhere about how the government was posting ads for bids from companies/contractors who could handle filling large orders of menu specific MREs and other companies that would be able to ship out to the areas you're mentioning. I'll see if I can locate the thread.

I have one person's cell phone number, but I've never called him when he is away. This guy will be gone for months at a time, so I only see him about 3-4 times a year. I don't think if I did call that he would answer and talk about anything specific if I did. He's kind of like " I know you, but I didn't tell you anything" type person. I won't talk to him for awhile now.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm not trying to fear monger, I just have a feeling in me like "is this for real?" These guys are so cool and they've always been straight with me on stuff. If they don't like something, they'll tell you kind of people.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
While I see threads concerning the New Madrid fault and a "big one" every few weeks on here, the 188 day earthquake cycle (see: www.abovetopsecret.com... , numerous other threads, or search ATS for "188 cycle") is supposedly set for March 22nd. Of course some people believe in the cycle, and some don't, mostly because it doesn't include all major quakes and has only aligned a few times? in the last few years.

I just thought it was funny because you signed up on ATS on March 22nd last year

That being said, I've been hearing about the New Madrid going off my entire life, and so far it hasn't, but I consider every day in the future having equal possibility. In other words: Be prepared, have essential supplies, and live life like you normally would, like any other day.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

That's cool. Do let us know if you hear from either though.
Many of us have known for some time that it would take a "natural" disaster to get people in the camps. After the incidents in the Astrodome during Katrina, who would really want to place themselves into that situation?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
In all things, trust your intuition.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Vinny! Saver of dogs! lol. I just read that other thread. All's well that ends well.

On Topic ~ What functions do your friends serve in FEMA? What positions? I'm wondering if they are seismologists, or people who complete paper work for helping those in distress. Did you get the impression they are collecting data, or do they seem to be going to "wait" for the disaster to take place?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I did some community corrections work about 3 years ago. One of my "clients" that had to report to me monthly ran a family business that had a contract with FEMA to provide what I will call some pretty major logistics.

A talkative and very open kind of guy. He had to go out of town a few times for Madrid Fault exercises. He related to me--very casually--that they were told that THE quake would happen in the near future.

I guess maybe they just meant, "It's not a matter of if but when." Everybody knows that.

But then again...maybe they meant exactly what they said.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre

Vinny! Saver of dogs! lol. I just read that other thread. All's well that ends well.

On Topic ~ What functions do your friends serve in FEMA? What positions? I'm wondering if they are seismologists, or people who complete paper work for helping those in distress. Did you get the impression they are collecting data, or do they seem to be going to "wait" for the disaster to take place?

Thank You for kind words. They're logistic administrators.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I did some community corrections work about 3 years ago. One of my "clients" that had to report to me monthly ran a family business that had a contract with FEMA to provide what I will call some pretty major logistics.

A talkative and very open kind of guy. He had to go out of town a few times for Madrid Fault exercises. He related to me--very casually--that they were told that THE quake would happen in the near future.

I guess maybe they just meant, "It's not a matter of if but when." Everybody knows that.

But then again...maybe they meant exactly what they said.

Ok...these guys said eerily similar things...wow this stranger I just posted they were in logistics.

(this is strange)
edit on 17-2-2012 by Vinny5036 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
OP, where about in illinois are you located? I'm about 40 minutes outside Chicago. Did they mention in any more detail the extent of damage this would cause?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Scientists believe the New Madrid Fault is likely closing down. So the chance of a big quake in that area becomes less with time. At least from what I have read.

Here is a source on that info: source

Also they say in the article it is estimated to be on a 500 to 1000 year cycle and since the last major quake there was like 200 years ago, even if it isn't shutting down we may have a wait.

A team from Purdue and Northwestern universities analyzed the fault motion for eight years using global positioning system measurements and found that it is much less than expected given the 500- to 1,000-year repeat cycle for major earthquakes on that fault. The last large earthquakes in the New Madrid seismic zone were magnitude 7-7.5 events in 1811 and 1812.

edit on 17-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, this is just downright scary. I've seen maps of the faultline. Doesn't it run into Eastern Mississippi and West Alabama also?

So "logistics" -- they are there planning how things will play out, what services they need to stop fires, get people rescued, that kind of thing. And they never say a word about it. I've read it could be severe enough to cut the country geographically in half.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

they were told that THE quake would happen in the near future.

This is very important.
While nobody knows for sure when Mother Nature will strike, those in possession of Tesla's Earthquake Machine are able to make statements like those above.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

I'm in central Illinois. I dont think posting exact is a good idea as to possibly give away my sources for those who may be looking. These guys once told me that they've seen a book on the madrid laying on a superior's desk one day. This book was not to leave that facility but was taken back to their hotel room anyways. In it was described EXACTLY where gas lines would break, casualties would be greatest, etc...they said every single detail you could think of was in this book. They would not disclose who authored the book only that it was written for FEMA by our govt.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So they're moving into the so called "Hot" zone, right in the middle of where you don't wanna be? I find all this not on the up and up. Besides, the fault like one poster said above, is closing shop.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Unless you have an agreed upon innocuous code . . . such as some phrase about your dog or your child or your truck or something else commonly known between you that I haven't mentioned . . . that is truly innocuous and not likely to be used but not all that uncommon to use . . .

DO NOT COMMUNCIATE by any electricity based circuit, channel.

All such circuits have been monitored by literally acres of computer for more than 40 years.

I wouldn't really trust snail mail either.

You might ask their wives if they have any code between them. And just check with their wives. You can be fairly certain that their communications while there would be extra monitored.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
So they're moving into the so called "Hot" zone, right in the middle of where you don't wanna be? I find all this not on the up and up. Besides, the fault like one poster said above, is closing shop.

What do you imply? Something else may be up? Your right, if something bad may happen, I don't want to be here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join