It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick, think fast how long can you survive?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Just because you have a swiss army knife it does not mean that is your only weapon, there will be plenty of other better props around that could be better as a weapon... long steel pipes, axes....

I would put the swiss knife in my pocket, get a better longer weapon to keep a potential lethal animal away, do a mission and find what I can use as a better weapon.

As is all fictional I cannot give an exact account of what I'd do...

But my priorities would be a good weapon for defence... , barricade the door, get a good night sleep if I can or stay awake the whole night until daylight, if its in my town then head to places where I am likely to find food or seeds, find a working car and a hose to get petrol from other cars, head to an isolated area with a house with doors, start a farm, go hunting for food... with the car you could just run over things... roadkill menu....

Then after that probably try to get a working radio and find more people and start a community, even with the car go and get more survivors... that way you wont have to be awake all the time in fear.

Should be able to live for long enough that way.

Or do like Peter Griffin and head to my nearest Twinkie factory.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Not a problem keep moving don't need sleep or shelter.

OK I will get serious, there is security in speed,
yep, fat cells will keep a guy going, me, maybe a few days longer if I dont get back to the gym

I can't believe you guys didnt like this,it was some good humor

Feed the food to the dog, lead the dog to the Lion, after Lion is fed pull the thorn out of Lions Paw with swiss army knife. Collar my new friend the Lion and walk through town picking up all the feral women because I am looking good with a Lion on a leash. hit the room with the Chicks and have the Lion guard through the night

edit on 17-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think I could probably find somewhere that I could either barricade myself in or climb onto the roof or into the ceiling. In an industrial area, there should also be plenty of scrap wood, glass, wire and metal that could be used as impromptu weapons and traps and along those lines, I've never tried it and hope I never have to, but dog...and virtually every other four legged mammal... is certainly edible. In any event, I'm sure I could find something to eat besides badly expired food, though it might have some use as a diversion to lure animals away. I'd also restrict any attempts at travel to daylight hours, given the heightened senses of most predators.

Aside from the feral dogs, which I consider to be the biggest threat if society fell apart, the scenario seems unlikely to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i made this post because i was sitting in class when my friend told me about this survival scenario. and after guessing so hard he told me the answer. which is... wake up from the nightmare.(i looked at him with such anger because he was mocking my excellent survival skills after i gave him a detailed planed at what i would do) i just had to post this on ATS to see what would you guys say.

PS - i will tell you guys my survival scenario
edit on 17-2-2012 by Teriq because: too short

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

I'm with you. I travel for work. In fact Ive flown across the US twice in the last 6 months. Every time I go through the TSA body scanner I think of how I'll prepared I am and how vunerable I will be when I land.
Ive mentioned these people before, but they have helped me more than any of these web sites www.mountainshepherd.com has the whole "gambit" of courses including Urban and Travel. Unlike a lot of stuff Ive read they actually train you to survive including taking you into a city and showing how to move, observe and avoid. They also help you set up a game plan and improvise. Totally effective and usable. The best thing is if you can put together a big group you can get discounts! I learned more in the two courses I took than all the books I have on the shelf. Just be ready to bust a few common misconceptions.
Now to answer your question...a long time. I can improvise anything from a pack to a knife and scrounge for food or get pigeons with a slingshot made from procured items.
I'm now a firm believer of training as much as preparing.
Just My opinion

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join