It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with the "NEW TOPIC" (live headlines) function ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It's like the whole format has gone out of whack! I was crossing between tabs to see what the HELL is going on here! I mean, after the whole breach of security issue, I was thinking "OH FFS not something new!!"

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Made some changes. All should be normalized now.

The firehose page now just shows the most recent 90 new threads, in an easier to follow horizontal format.

Don't like... if it wasn't broken, why fix it?

ETA - REALLY don't like.

edit on 2/17/2012 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Made some changes. All should be normalized now.

The firehose page now just shows the most recent 90 new threads, in an easier to follow horizontal format.

Don't like... if it wasn't broken, why fix it?

ETA - REALLY don't like.

edit on 2/17/2012 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

Most likely cause the site has grown and they need to reformat?? Who knows. BUT I agree, DO NOT like. Now we have to "read" the updates, instead of scroll with our eyes? Don't like it at all!
edit on 17-2-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I will have to add to the
as far as this change goes.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

And with the latest thread being only 7hours old on this 'new and improved' firehose......What about those who work 8 hours a day or more who relied on knowing the Firehose would provide them with at the latest 12-16hours of New Topics.....Much information to be gained will now go more unnoticed because only the last 7 hours is shown. I don't like it, the change is terrible IMHO

Hear Hear! I double that input. I preferred knowing that I could access the last 12 hours. A lot of threads will get lost for me this way.

edit on 17-2-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

And with the latest thread being only 7hours old on this 'new and improved' firehose......What about those who work 8 hours a day or more who relied on knowing the Firehose would provide them with at the latest 12-16hours of New Topics.....Much information to be gained will now go more unnoticed because only the last 7 hours is shown. I don't like it, the change is terrible IMHO

Hear Hear! I double that input. I preferred knowing that I could access the last 12 hours. A lot of threads will get lost for me this way.

edit on 17-2-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

Ya very sad
Even this site now trying to control and limit what we can see
Quess this way it easyer to close thread

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Need to make the new headlines list longer then, as I used the firehose to get the full list.

now it's back to a small handful of topics spanning many hours, and no one uses the search feature as it is, so expect multitudes of duplicate threads as they can no longer peruse the list under the firehose and see things already posted.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I like that it's easier to scan left-right-left.

Everything else about it, so far.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Both the new topics and firehose are
All screwed up for me as well
Hope they fix it soon

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Ok, much better now. Goes back 24 hrs and is marked with time eg. 11 hours ago

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I agree, now it's much better with actually more topics than the Firehose before the change and a lot easier to use without having to scroll up and down so much it's side to side then scroll up. Much easier now than earlier today that's for sure so glad to see that's been fixed

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
My problem with the new topics page seems different, It won't refresh at all. I still have the top post Alex Jones vs TYT posted 24 seconds ago when it has been at least 6 hrs. I can change pages or refresh manually but nothing changes. I cannot remember seeing that much time go by without a new topic. Even if it were to be that none were added, would the time of the posting not change? It might be nothing but since there is a discussion here I thought I would mention it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by halffinger4

yes, i got that, too. every now and then it switches to "normal" and the real new topics are showing up. but then it switches back.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I confirm also.
There is something going on with the live page.

I've noticed where it's redirecting to another page.

And the headlines at the top are terrible.

They probably did that to gain more page views, if you watch, you'll see that the page refreshes every 5mins or so (or even less). They probably did that because people used to stay on the live page as a "new tab" the entire day and they saw this as a possibility to increase page views and thus revenue from google adsense. The new headlines to the side of the ad is probably a new feature they added, I think it kind sucks too.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

its saturday morning here and the live page is still 'skipping' from topics 12 hours old to new ones!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
My new topic jumps everytime to the same headlines those headlines where posted last night it always jumpt to the page where the first headlines is alex jones vs young turks.

this is a screenshot taken a few min ago

i cleared the cache and browser history and so on but it still comes at this page everytime.

edit on 18-2-2012 by Quasi because: edit screenshot

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The "Real Time: New Topics" has been showing the same thing for at least an hour now. It REALLY sucks, I mainly just check the New Topic feed to see what new threads are being posted.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I exclusively use the "Ribbon" at the bottom of the page to access the Current Topics, but it's not even refreshing anymore. It's showed the same topics all day long and says they are only 30 minutes old, for example. Why change things that aren't broken? You just ruin the site doing that.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Kratos1220 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
I exclusively use the "Ribbon" at the bottom of the page to access the Current Topics, but it's not even refreshing anymore. It's showed the same topics all day long and says they are only 30 minutes old, for example. Why change things that aren't broken? You just ruin the site doing that.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Kratos1220 because: (no reason given)
I completely agree. And it's really starting to get annoying... is anyone going to fix the ribbon or what? It's been like this for several days now... it's just freaking stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join