It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the weather

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

I liked Jon Stewart on Groundhog Day. He is like "the groundhog predicted six more weeks of winter. Darn, sixe more weeks of 55 degree days." lol

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I got feeling we are gonna cook this summer! I dont care as long i get to grill everyday and drink beer hahaha!

Im all for global warming until it affects me in a bad way lol

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

yes i agree,a system moved in! but i dont live close enough to a lake for 'lake effect snow'. dont know where your at but here we should have between 2-5 foot of snow rite now. we dont even have an inch!!! i've used ny shovel twicw this year,and just out of boredom!!! 2 inches is not worth shoveling,plus it melts away the next day!
el ninya,air flow in the arctic ocean,ive heard,but man wat a screwed up winter!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I think you would be surprised. We get crap from you guys down here.

But I think you are just getting the la nina effect as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I am going to rain on your parade and tell you that mosquitos, fleas, and ticks are going to be INSANE this year. As it has not been cold enough to kill them off. We should see a serious uptick in diseases.

On the other hand, flu is down cuz everyone isn't locked inside.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Bro! Im in New England its snowed only 2 times and the snow was gone the next day pretty much! I love it man.. im happy its in the 50's everyday.. Now my pals in California cant bust my chops about it being wamr there!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I dont live in a area that has mosquitos really I lliv ein the city.. not near anywater so.. im not worried and that goes for ticks too!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
everyone talks about the weather,but no one does anything about it!!!

seriosly though,i grow my own veggies and i'm worried about drought.and a water ban,no supply to a river or other water source! tap water and rain barrel. water ban & no rain spells disaster for my garden!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Yeah mate get some water from the falls!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Yup, there will be little run off this year unless winter finally comes in with a vengeance. I hear those that fish being really unhappy too as they haven't been able to ice fish and that the spring spawning will take place before fishing season.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Weird weather in NC as well. Mid Feb and I am in a tee shirt working on a tan. I hope summer is not cold this year.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

Summer will be hot brother! Trust me!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ah, the weather channel explains why:

We continue to lack a key player this winter that contributed to the last two snowy winters.

Without high pressure aloft over Greenland this winter, the coldest air has tended to remain bottled up in Canada. Furthermore, without this block, surface low pressure systems moving toward or forming along the East Coast tend to shift out to sea quickly, rather than slowly crawling up the Eastern Seaboard, reducing the time duration of any wet snowfall.

weather.com

Its all Canada's fault.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
30 Km north of london.... Nothing at all here...

Had freezing rain warnings yesterday but nothing came of it... they even closed all the schools in my area on the 'warning' alone...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join