It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Schools Enforcing "Nutritional" Guidelines Subject Preschoolers to Gestapo Lunchbox Inspection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So many things wrong with this!!! This is a ridiculous example of government gone wild.

Preschooler’s Homemade Lunch Replaced with Cafeteria “Nuggets”

A preschooler at West Hoke Elementary School ate three chicken nuggets for lunch Jan. 30 because the school told her the lunch her mother packed was not nutritious.

The girl’s turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines, according to the interpretation of the person who was inspecting all lunch boxes in the More at Four classroom that day.

The USDA requires that preschoolers' lunches, all of them including the ones brought from home, must consist of a meat, milk, a grain, and 2 servings of fruit or vegetables. If they don't, then the child is given (at the parent's expense) a "healthy lunch".

In this case, apparently, she was missing a fruit or vegetable serving and a grain because she would only eat white bread so they told the four year old girl that the lunch her mother had given her "was not healthy". They replaced it with a school cafeteria tray lunch which she proceeded to not eat a single thing on it except for three chicken nuggets. Her mother said she was a picky eater so she reserved her vegetable servings for home where she could supervise her eating them.

Apparently, neither the school nor the USDA cares if the students actually eat the mandated "healthy lunch", just that they comply with the mandate.

I wonder if they offer milk products to children who are allergic to milk???!!!

Who is better than the parent to know what is best to feed their child??!!!

“She came home with her whole sandwich I had packed, because she chose to eat the nuggets on the lunch tray, because they put it in front of her,” her mother said. “You’re telling a 4-year-old. ‘oh. your lunch isn’t right,’ and she’s thinking there’s something wrong with her food.”

Who better than the USDA and government institutions to undermine parental authority??!!!!

There are no clear restrictions about what additional items — like potato chips — can be included in preschoolers’ lunch boxes.

edit on 17/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is already a thread about this, although I will say that yours has a much more interesting title...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just love beurocracy. Really. I do. It is all about the people ,and of course takes Human factor into a consideration. According to paragrapth 123.89 B it says that 2 fruits are needed!

The funny thing is that the more control the state tries to get, the more chaos it creates. Chicken nuggets, for everyone....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Yeah and apparently they don't really care if the students eat it or not, just that it's offered to them! This little girl would have been content with her original homemade lunch had they not told her it was unhealthy. Yet, because they did tell her that, she chose not to eat anything but nuggets? I wonder how much nutritional value mystery meat nuggets have in them??

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
There is already a thread about this, although I will say that yours has a much more interesting title...

Thanks. That's exactly what they're doing here... gestapo inspections... I guess they're indoctrinating our children into their future starting at 3 now. Getting them ready for a lifetime of "inspections".

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Please add comments to the existing thread found here.

top topics

join