It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI 'anti-terror' arrest near US Capitol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well, the fact that he was Moroccan catches me off guard. I was half expecting him to be Iranian. At the end of the day, for most people, "Moroccan, Schmoroccan...they're all terrorists to me!" would be the response. But, it would have fit the contemporary war narrative better. In fact, I wonder how many people have been retelling this water-cooler fish story all day long where the "Moroccan" that got caught became a much larger "Iranian" fish to fry.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I was hoping it was Newt Gingrich with him wanting more terrorist attacks on Americans,

That still ranks up there as one of the dumbest things I have ever heard come out of a political mouth (and that says a lot).

You think so? I think he was being very honest about the agenda. Unknowingly he gave it all away, literally word for word.

He was like a unknowing child repeating the things they taught him, not bright enough to understand that it should be kept secret.
edit on 17-2-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Probably snowball again,

up to no good.

Good thing we have gov to protect us.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i am waiting for these idiots to supply a bomb to these guys and the guy relizes its wired wrong fixes it and blows up alot of people then it is found out the feds supplied it too him. well they got to keep finding stuff to justify there budgets.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That goat looks more electable than Obama, Gordon Gekko, Crazy 'ol Ronnie and Slick Rick.

Punk Rock Goat For President 2012!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i am waiting for these idiots to supply a bomb to these guys and the guy relizes its wired wrong fixes it and blows up alot of people then it is found out the feds supplied it too him. well they got to keep finding stuff to justify there budgets.

I'm waiting for an actual, real, honest to god grass roots terrorist attack to occur and not one manufactured by the FBI. Of the 3 real grass roots planned terrorist attacks since 9/11, none of them were stopped by the government! Every single one stopped by government since 9/11, was CREATED by government.

The biggest threat of terrorism comes from FBI manufactured plots according to the facts.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
How long will the FBI keep doing this? Till they give a bomber a fake bomb and he swaps it with a real one and blows them all to hell. Common sense would be to grab him when he has over stayed his visa and deport him, rather than talk him into being a suicide bomber. I am sure they filled him with hate all along the way. [/quote

IT WAS THE FBI THAT SUPPLIED THE REAL BOMB FOR THE FIRST TOWERS ATTACK!
They had the bomb maker in their pocket, and when he asked should he make a fake bomb or a real one they told him to supply the real bomb...that killed and injured US citizens....TREASON MUCH?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

We all have wants and thoughts, that is the nature of being human. We all have thought of doing things, be it good or bad, following and breaking the law. That too is the nature of being human. However, what this guy did, was more than just think about such, he crossed the line and ultimately went through with trying to actually do the act. Hence lies the issue here.

The police, and authorities, when doing stings like this, often try to give the person a way out, an every opportunity to back out, they want to make sure that the person is committed to following the act. They do this with every entrapment. And when the person keeps insisting that they want to follow throw, the net is tightened up more and more.

So if this guy was given every chance to not to do the action and chose to follow through. So who is more the issue, the government trying to protect its citizens or the person who is determined to actually commit these kinds of crimes and do harm?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
how is this not considered entrapment.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Droidinvoid,
Thank you for sharing this post and link. Stories like this do one of two things to me..They either scare me, like they want I presume. Or they make me feel like there is a tad bit of 'pre-crime' arrests going on. He was taken on suspision? No proof? Yeah..Sounds like preventative crime arrest to me. Anyone seen Minority Report. Subliminal Eh? What if a copper knocked on your door and told you they are arresting you on account of preventing you of a terrorist attack because you are now a potential terrorist from your internet searches, ie post! Welcome to the future! Enjoy it.
Thanks for your post!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join