It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI 'anti-terror' arrest near US Capitol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

FBI 'anti-terror' arrest near US Capitol

www.bbc.co.uk

A man has been arrested near the US Capitol building as part of an anti-terror investigation, US officials say.

Amine El Khalifi, 29, of Alexandria, Virginia was taken into custody by the FBI.

Officials told US media the man thought he was heading to carry out a suicide attack on the Washington DC building, home to the US Congress.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
How many more of these FBI set-up's will it take for people to realise that these are a form of honey trap on individuals who fit the bill for the FBI and American government , to con the American people that they are under constant attack. This practice by the FBI is nothing new , but the more people wake up to the fact , they are being hoodwinked with false flags the better.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I was hoping it was Newt Gingrich with him wanting more terrorist attacks on Americans,

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I was hoping it was Newt Gingrich with him wanting more terrorist attacks on Americans,

That still ranks up there as one of the dumbest things I have ever heard come out of a political mouth (and that says a lot).

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
'They' need these every now and again to remind people the 'Threat' of 'Terrorist', Likewise the ability for the Government to keep you safe, in turn, 'We' 'Need' the Government to keep us safe, as there are always 'Terrorist'

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
How long will the FBI keep doing this? Till they give a bomber a fake bomb and he swaps it with a real one and blows them all to hell. Common sense would be to grab him when he has over stayed his visa and deport him, rather than talk him into being a suicide bomber. I am sure they filled him with hate all along the way.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Come on people.... if they didn't 'produce' these events for us we might not live in fear, the political clowns wouldn't have subject matter to pander with on the campaign trail, and most importantly, the military industrial complex might lose momentum towards the next conflagration where our kid's get sent off to die because others "hate our freedom." [/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I go to the airport to say goodbye to my exchange students, I get "randomly" swabbed down. An Arab goes to Washington, they get arrested. There's no place cut out for us anymore.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
not to be racist...but i'm waiting for them to stop an alleged terror attack of this nature planned by some normal white man...born and raised in america. it's easy to pawn off an arab as a terrorist...but when they start using everyday people for these false flags...you better keep a dose of hemlock hidden in your pocket...then they'll start coming for everyone.

AGAIN...please don't see this as a racist comment...i'm looking at it from the psychological/desensitization standpoint. americans don't care of some arab person gets blamed for an alleged terror attack..."that person just ain't american so they probably are a terrorist" is the mindset of most americans now...we're sooo brainwashed. so seeing an arab get taken down like this, even though it's probably a false flag, really doesn't ruffle any feathers. most americans don't view him as an american, therefore it's not really a problem...

the day they start yanking white men off the street...that will be a very uncomfortable day for americans...then they might feel threatened...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

It happens on a daily basis in the middle east: a born in the USA white man killing people, its just we (USA) use better technology for terrorism.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Don't people ever get sick of America bashing?

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Exactly. This America "Bashing" is getting old. The FBI arrest a homocidal suspect ... and America is the bad guy? Figures.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

-SAP-

Does America ever get sick of bashing? I dont think so my friend.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I know but what do you do. We're always the bad guys. [/headshake]

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Having read the article and the comments on this, the following can be stated:

The facts of the case are clear cut, a person, who is not a US citizen, seeking to join a known terrorist organization, happens to stumble into what he believes to be a part of said organization, then conceives to launch an attack on the very door steps of the USA, by detonating a bomb, and thus becoming a suicide bomber, in an attempt to take out the very leadership of this country. The organization being a group of people who are doing their job to protect the country, setting up false information to draw out those who would do harm.

Now having stated the facts as we can know them, the reality is what would have been worse, if those who could have prevented such from happening, doing nothing, or actually taking action and preventing such from happening. It is ultimately a lose/lose situation for the federal government. Do nothing and get criticism for letting an event happen, or do something and be accused of all sorts of things.

The reality is that the person (s) that are caught up in these kinds of stings are not exactly innocent or the angel as we would be led to believe. In this case, the person did over stay his visa, and welcome, thus being an illegal immigrant to the USA, he did seek to willfully and knowingly attempt to commit a crime in the US, while on US soil. He was caught and now is going to have to pay the price, after he is given a trial, and face a jury. Ultimately, he is still presumed innocent and it would be the governments burden to prove that he is guilty, such being held by a jury. But if he is found guilty, then perhaps the lesson here is, if you are going to break the law, don’t. If you are a guest in a country, not a legal resident, maybe being a good citizen would go a lot further, than trying to break the law. After all what do you think would happen if it was say, a citizen of the USA in a foreign country and breaks their laws? Do you not think that they would throw the book at that person and then imprison him for a good long while, or do you think that they would say it is a false flag situation and give him a free pass?

Until there is proof that this is a false flag situation, perhaps it would be more prudent to watch and see what evidence comes up.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Come on people.... if they didn't 'produce' these events for us we might not live in fear,

Freedom is bad for you

That is why the FDA is sending swat teams to raid organic food stores and Amish farmers at gun point for daring to sell raw milk

US Government Declares War on Raw Milk

That is why it is now illegal to collect rainwater in many states...

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water

That is why they are developing a cure for the disease 'free thinking'

Is Free Thinking A Mental Illness?

That is why the DHS hires criminals and rapists to grope your junk at airports, and soon to come train, bus and sporting events and roving viper patrols on the highway

TSA Agents Arrested - Hundreds of cases

but "we the People..." will do nothing... We will sit in our caves and type out our complains under anonymous nicknames till the cows come home. We are not allowed petitions or to organize rallies... agianst the T$C so all we can do is whine about it

Want the price of gas to drop? Boycott Exxon... buy from anyone else.

But no one will lift a finger So... kiss your freedom goodbye...

Let the government decide what is best for you

Now take your kids for their poison shots are you will go to jail

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

If they did there would be no conspiracy forums..

just herds of docile sheep

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Well, it's entrapment. And the argument stands that it helps to remove individuals capable of doing such things.

However...

...he was not capable. He was idealistic, that is for certain, but not capable (as in "possessing the capacity") for doing it because he needed "Al Qaeda" operatives to supply the "bomb" to him.

In otherwords, while this will be used as evidence that terror is omnipresent in the US, the truth is just that the resentment is there for sure, but the impetus has to be provided by the government itself for anything to actually happen. Thank God the government only uses "fake bombs" in these plots (well, I guess there are other threads in forums here that might make counter points to that)...

but my point still stands, it takes the resentment of a motive-driven individual to be steered down a certain path by government agents and even provided with false "toys" and in the end, what was served?

It wasn't protection from terrorism, because the sheepish public is still terrorized (haunted, if you will) by that same faceless Muslim man willing to kill all of our freedoms.

If anything, these continuous acts of entrapment are hurtling terrorism to new heights despite the absence of real, actual, physical terrorism (at least in the interim...unfortunately we all know where this goes eventually).

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Mr Khalifi allegedly thought undercover FBI agents he was working with were members of the al-Qaeda network.

Interesting. I just read in the underwear bomber thread about the possibity of FBI or CIA agents helping the bomber get on the plane. Looks like these things really do happen.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

But then why give him a fake bomb? Why is it not enough for him to have wanted to do this? Giving him a fake bomb only accomplishes one thing:

Rather than just arresting him for attempted violence in a quiet, entrapment-like set up, they actually provide world-class fear-mongering props and make sure he, as the actor, is ready to play his part on a world-class media stage.

That is the problem. Not necessarily the entrapment, but rather the actual sick, twisted manipulation that comes from allowing him to play the part with props and all for all the public to see as they come home from work and school today. "Be afraid, they're still here!"

Why else? Why else would they let him go through the motions like that. Same goes for the guy a couple of years ago. I can't remember now because I don't dwell on this foolishness, but it was a similar scenario. They set the guy up with fake explosives and all. It wasn't the army base psychiatrist or the underwear bomber or the Times Square blue-tooth guy. I can't remember. Anybody?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join