It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Industry wrote the legislation governing domestic drone use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What a shocker! Who'd have thunk it! The scary thing is how cheap the US Congress is getting. For only $280,000 of drone industry lobby money, Congress gave them the green light for anyone to buy a drone. Just like the war on drugs and the associated industry of keeping people incarcerated, drones over the US are nothing but money and power.

For a mere $280,000, spread across an unknown number of eager congressmen, the Drone Industry has bought a law allowing anyone in the United States, including cops, to buy and use ... drones

The Drone Industry has been caught bragging that it co-authored the amendment. Says a leaked industry slide presentation: "Our suggestions were often taken word-for-word."

source

Nothing short of another revolution will stop the corruption in this country, I'm afraid. Drones arne't going to make us safer. They will, however, make a select few very rich and allow police and government agencies to take away more freedom. Just like 1984 proved, technology in many ways is a HUGE step BACKWARDS in human history because it will always be used to control people.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wish you were wrong.....I really do...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This legislation opens the doors, not just for government use of drones, but for PRIVATE use of drones.

I can see it now, the new Apple I-Drone. Spy on anyone you wish with this new app...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
SWEET!!!!!!!!!

I gotta get me one of those

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's amazing how our 'representatives' take to 'representing'' "us."

Oh wait, I'm sorry.... money = free speech and corporations = people..... my bad...

Not being rich or incorporated makes any human citizen second-class..... thanks Dems and Repubs for all your "support."
edit on 17-2-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This appears to be another case of legalized domestic spying gone haywire.

If there was a genuine "security" threat, the lobbyists would not have been necessary to get the law passed.

And again, the middle class will pay for this as usual.

This legislation does not have a positive impact on the majority of American citizens.

It must be the security/industrial/banker complex at work.

I wonder how many video tapes will be kept on file ?

What was taxpayer expense to pass the law ?

top topics

join