It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.A.S Used on people of the United Kingdom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
SF teams/units DO work within their respective countries dressed as civilians helping out other govt. agencies. So the SAS are "around" but I doubt they were being used to intimidate random civilians.

The FBI contacted the US Army SF "Green Berets" to help them track down the terrorist cells inside Los Angeles and Orange County that were trying to blow up LAX international airport "the Millennium bombing plot" The feds needed guys who were fluent in arabic. turns out the green berets are some of the most fluent arab speakers in the US arsenal. SO these small green beret units in civilian clothes trailed, spied and tracked some terrorists and their cells for a few weeks in LA/Southern California. Did a great job too. So it is true that SF units operate all the time in their respective countries out among the general population in mufti.

I was talking to a retired Delta team member on a movie set in LA a few years ago. He was consulting and doing stunt rope rigging. Real nice guy. anyways. I was talking about how it's suspicious that sometimes my cell phone would suddenly drop signal or get other signal noise that really shouldn't be there. Everyone experiences these cell phone "anomalies" Usually they are just a result of some random signal interference. But this delta guy said something interesting during the conversation. He said if you ever look around when the cell signal is acting weird and you see a guy acting suspiciously with a small box or in a van nearby, like say across a parking lot or something there is a very good chance it's a covert military member testing out or simply using some form of signal jammer or even a spying mechanism. Sometimes they are on an assignment and are looking for somebody in the area. other times he said. they do it just to have a laugh as if one guy is saying to his team partner in the passenger seat "hey check this guy out over there. lets mess with him and mess up his phone call" Said it happens more often then you think, but he made it clear that they are either searching for somebody other than you (unless you ARE a terrorist) or are having a bit of a laugh but are NOT being malicious.

SO thats my story and input for what it's worth

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Some people have the unfortunate problem of being at the wrong time at the wrong place. Unfortunately if you saw such a thing: the military vehicle and jamming described: this would mark you out for following etc... I dare say it would be difficult for them not to know you knew.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Quick question,

Do you have any proof that what you have said in your OP is correct. That is to say do you have any evidence that the SAS is being used by the government of the UK to intimidate members of the public?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I understand what you mean but I think that you could just be in the area going about your business like say going to a local mall. you are in the same parking lot they are in and they are scanning for god knows what sort of sigint and possibly humint. there may be several other shoppers around at the time too theoretically. totally possible that you just notice the van nobody else does and the SF guys in the van are too busy actually looking for the actual person or signal of interest and don't even notice you or care. Just because they are operating near you doesn't mean they have any interest in you. just means that your neighbor might be stranger and shadier than you ever suspected.

SF guys train all the time in big cities to. Corporations sometimes let them use their facilities, equipment, or skyscrapers for full profile type training. Once I watched a jet black helicopter, fairly big, completely blacked out with no running lights of any kind hover for 25 minutes about two thirds up off the side of the disney building in toluca lake/burbank area of los angeles in the late evening (11ish). I just sat there and watched it. it hovered almost perfectly still. It was very unusual. there were no police or fire sirens going off in the neighborhood. I watched from about a quarter mile away. The helicopter was flat black and making out any real detail against the night sky was hard even at that close a range. hovered about 10 stories up. Looking back on it, i know the military does this sort of stuff where a corporation will let them use their building for CT insertion and training. So I suspect (don't have any real proof) that disney had allowed some SF unit to use their building for training late one night. Happens all the time. SO I think hats what I was watching.

I know a lot about the movie industry and have seen plenty of movie camera helicopters. it wasn't that. and it wasn't a movie stunt because they weren't taking any takes. and it really didn't fit the most basic of how movies are shot. So I don't think it was that either. It was spooky though. very out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don’t want to put a downer on what you are saying but in America it’s almost impossible to have military SF units conduct domestic operations however they can advise, usually Delta provide this type of support but they don’t take part in any operations. Based on what you said about the Green Berets providing linguistic support to the FBI and then tracking the terrorists I would be highly cautious in believing that. After 1998 and even before that really the fed’s started to invest massively in counterterrorism, with a particular focus on Islamic terrorism so really wouldn’t have the need to call on the Green Berets for support. Also the Green Berets are a tier 2 SF unit unlike Delta and NSWDG and have very little to do with counterterrorism of this nature so would not be as suited to this role compared to the tire one assets, so based on my knowledge of American counterterrorism operations I would have to say I don’t believe that.

The same unfortunately goes for what you said about the ex-Delta guy, Delta Force don’t conduct that type of operation. Following on from 9/11 the FBI are more than well equipped to black out cell phone reception, and in any case electronic warfare of this disruption would fall to the ISA (or whatever they like to call themselves now) in a military theatre.

I don’t doubt what you have said about observing a backed out helicopter hovering over a building for what you presume to have been a SF insertion exercise. However if this was the case that you were observing individuals practicing a helicopter insertion of a building it was not a military unit you were watching. You were probably looking at a FBI HRT practicing, they are not a military SF unit.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Totally could have been HRT. But SF teams do use our buildings in major cities to practice on. SO it could have really been either.

Also, the green berets are getting into counter terrorism these days. even as far back as 1999 they stated working with the FBI and were instrumental in helping the FBI get intel they needed within the USA to persecute and arrest the few terrorists involved in the plot to blow up Los Angeles International Airport. I believe it was the 5th group of green berets. Not sure if they are considered tier 2 or tier 1 but they are much more capable than you are giving them credit for. And they do a lot more than you are giving them credit for. if you want to look at a military "SF" group that has been considered questionable look to the marines not the army. One previous Joint Chief of Staff called the marines Vanilla SF teams.

As for the Ex Delta guy. He never said it was Delta that could be doing it. only that occasionally the reason your cell phone jamming can be because of SF units and other govt. agencies actively jamming them. That jamming being the cause was more common than you think. He talked as if he had first hand experience doing this. He alluded that he knows of people he as worked with who have done this type of activity before. I'm inclined to believe him. You'd be surprised how often the SF groups are operating within the continental US.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You occasionally (more now than back when) get SF being called in to advise and train LEOs. Sometimes the "advice" ends up with them doing something more like "OJT" but they're not allowed to actually take an active part.

The public might occasionally run into SF or CAG in training phases, CAG especially trains off of Bragg in some of the nearby National Parks, parts of selection are run off base in a nearby wilderness area, and if you're there the right time of the year, you might see the occasional bewildered anxious looking guy carrying an unloaded rifle as he does field nav tests, followed not far behind by the test examiner.

CAG also does fieldcraft tests in DC on the street, and I've seen them running some drills in civilian drag in airports maybe twice.

SAS, I suspect, is somewhat similar. I can't imagine any circumstance where you'd run afoul of any as a citizen.

Oh, except if you try to sneak into a USAP that belongs to SOC, sometimes SF or CAG will intercept you for fun if they're bored instead of sending security.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
...only that occasionally the reason your cell phone jamming can be because of SF units and other govt. agencies actively jamming them. That jamming being the cause was more common than you think. He talked as if he had first hand experience doing this.

Not so sure about that, BUT, it is standard protocol to jam cell phones and take down or divert landlines prior to a hostage rescue, so if they were training for that, maybe.

As far as that goes, I've got an adaptive jammer in the lab in a box somewhere. Occasionally we screw around with it when we're bored. Nothing more fun than going to the local coffee shop and infuriating the hipsters and suits. "My wifi's down!" "Now my cell phone's off!" "The damn wifi crapped out again!" It's amazing - no one ever catches on, but you've got to keep a straight face.

If the guy was real, he might have done something similar. Not double naught sekret spy shenanigans, but technopranking. It's especially fun if you pick out a guy that looks like a type A and give him the business. Let him get about one sentence in and hit it. About the fourth time they call out and lose it they get this road rage thing, it's really entertaining to watch.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
bedlam that sounds very much like the conversation I was having with the ex delta guy. You are most likely right. he never used the word jammer. that was me. he just said guy acting suspiciously or with a electronic looking box in his hand. But he pretty much said what you did about going around for fun when bored and messing with other peoples signals. SF guys are human and have a better sense of humor than people would expect. at least the limited few I've had the experience of hanging around.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Bedlam, i'd love for you to take that jammer box of yours to a certain coffee shop in west Los Angeles. There is this one A type personality that goes there every day. has one cup of small coffee and literally takes over two tables to spread out his paper work and computer. constantly runs out the door to take phone calls and has even gone next door to the chinese food place and brought back an entire meal to eat at his "desk" the lady running the coffee shop is an 80 year old korean lady and doesn't say anything, but all the other patrons think he's a total douche. Please...please come to this coffee shop and ruin his day. he's the type when the smallest unforseen contingency pops up he starts cursing to himself face red and the vein in the forehead about to burst. eyes darting around to the meet anybody who glances over at him with his patented stare of death he gives. Please jam his wifi for the good of humanity.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Again I am sorry to disagree with you however I think you have been misinformed the Green Berets do not operate in the united states, to my knowledge that has never been a regular American Special Forces unit deployed domestically to resolve a terrorist incident. This is because under the Insurrection Act and under the Posse Comitatus Act it would require a Act of Congress to authorise the deployment of regular military units on the streets of America. If this was required it would be a last resort, It would probably take multiple terrorist attacks taking hostages at multiple sites before they would considered deploying Delta or NSWGD. So yes if they really were operating in the continental United States I would be very surprised because it would probably mean that I had missed something massive in the news. American Special forces do not operate on United States soil.
SF units are however prohibited to provide “technical” support by providing tactical advice, usually this is provided by tire one assets and not tire two assets. All “groups” of the Green Berets as skilled and lethal as they are, are regarded as being tire 2 Special Forces assets. Within SOCOM there are believed to be 4 Tire-One Special Forces assets, these include, NSWDG, 1st-SFOD-D, ISA and 24th-STS however there may be others that are not in the public domain. Tire-Two units include the SEAL Teams, Green Berets, 75th Rangers Regiment, the Night Stalkers and many other units. In the UK we do not have such a system to differentiate between Special Forces units however if we did then the SAS, SBS and SRR would be tire one and tier-two would include units such as UKSFG, the Pathfinders, 18 signals (could be tire-one) and a bunch of other groups.

Delta would probably not use a public building to practice on like that however it is possible. Much more likely that you were looking at FBI HRT its exactly the type of thing they would practice. Also Delta take very little to do with electronic warfare that would fall to the ISA. As I have already said Delta would probably provide tactical advise to law enforcement units should it be deemed as necessary by commanders on the ground. This advise however would almost always be sought form a tire-one asset rather than the Green Berets, it is possible just very unlikely. Likewise it is probably true that what you have said about the Green Berets being actively involved in domestic counterterrorism operations is misinformed, they just don’t do that type of thing. Ever since the Rambo movies have came out, people have had the wrong idea about the Green berets.

If you have any questions or what me to elaborate on any of this please just ask.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
delta and the seals use hangers and commercial aircraft on lone to them to do training exercises all the time in major US airports. they also use large skyscrapers loaned to them for the night to train too. shell and other corporations have let them use their oil rigs. so they do train all the time on commercial civilian owned property in the US. also, the alphabet soup agencies use the SF all the time to do work for them inside the US soil. they aren't violating any laws when they are TAD to the FBI or NSA or whomever.

As far as blending in with locals whether they are in afghanistan to Los Angeles the green berets excel. sure the delta or devgru guys may be better at it but there is a limited number of them so often times they go to another SF group that is larger who can do the same job just as well. the green berets would be one of them. FBI might have tried to get delta or seals or whomever to do the work initially but found out the linguistics skills of the green berets were better suited to this specific task and used them instead. keep in mind that no other US SF group had a mandate for everybody to be fluent in multiple languages. the green berets always have due to the nature of them working so closely with the locals wherever they are operating. one could argue that if a delta guy was fluent in a bunch of languages he was probably recruited from the army SF green berets. Rangers are better shoots on the delta teams but not as skilled in diplomacy and linguistics as the berets.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
By the way when did people targeted become random civilians. Just because they were not chosen for a legitimate reason(some one just didn't like them) does not make them random.
edit on 27-3-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
SF units are however prohibited to provide “technical” support by providing tactical advice, usually this is provided by tire one assets and not tire two assets. All “groups” of the Green Berets as skilled and lethal as they are, are regarded as being tire 2 Special Forces assets. Within SOCOM there are believed to be 4 Tire-One Special Forces assets, these include, NSWDG, 1st-SFOD-D, ISA and 24th-STS however there may be others that are not in the public domain.

Nope, SF does provide assistance to LEO at times. Hell, SF provides training to SFOD-D at times. The specialty explosives classes are (or at least used to be) taught by the same SF operators at Bragg that teach the Charlie course. If you're looking for references the DOD generally lumps everyone together and calls it "special operations forces" when they describe LEO liaison work. But you can tell it's not just CAG because they also get help from tier 3 guys like CAPO.

Bravos at times do SWAT sniper training, Charlies do explosives/bomb training and most often Echoes do comm training when LEOs get toys for locating cell phones and whatnot. You probably see more Echoes getting conscripted for this sort of thing than the others.

And there are SF tier one units, they're run by the Deputy SECDEF. I know of two, occasionally you hear about one of them in the MSM.

For that matter, CIA has what amounts to a tier one unit, you very rarely run into that one in the MSM, although years ago there was a thread about them that wanted to get going here, no one paid much attention to it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I did hear from an unreliable source that the one or some of the people: that caused the person to get followed etc: are going to have been very ill fairly soon: some time later this year.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR ...the alphabet soup agencies use the SF all the time to do work for them inside the US soil. they aren't violating any laws when they are TAD to the FBI or NSA or whomever.

Unless things have seriously changed, as long as you're on active duty you still can't take active part on US soil, although what constitutes "active" can be up for grabs. You can train or advise. The advice, admittedly, might be more like pushing all the buttons for them on the comm gear. But not so far as "now you press the trigger and bam down goes the target - did you get that?"

Rangers are better shoots on the delta teams but not as skilled in diplomacy and linguistics as the berets.

It used to be mixed up more but at present, unless I am sadly wrong, you pretty much have to have the V to get into CAG. A friend of mine that made it through selection said that everyone at present has either a scroll or tab. I suppose you could still get in by selection from the 82nd on paper but in practice they weed out anyone who's not at least tabbed.

Oh, sorry, about to post that and it's all lingo. You can "be a Ranger" by either going to Ranger school (there's other steps like RIP you generally do first so as not to waste the school's time with the riffraff) and then returning to your unit as "Ranger qualified", which earns you a "tab" for your uniform. You can also actually serve in Ranger battalion and go out and break things and tie knots for real. This gets you the "scroll" to put on your uniform. Either one gets you a "G" or "V" for Ranger in your qualification list (SQI).

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This thread is about a particular persons alleged experience about the sas on uk soil that I heard..
Like I said:

I did hear from an unreliable source that the one or some of the people: that caused the person to get followed etc: are going to have been very ill fairly soon: some time later this year.
Also I very much doubt if anyone's even if an unreliable source would do this for a badge: soldiers get badges, girl guides get badges, boy scouts get badges, if what I think will happen will then he/she certainly will not get a badge.
:
:fl ame:
: o
:ro ll:
: flame:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
:flame :
:f lame:
:flam e:
flame:
:fla me:
me:
flame:
me:
:fla me:
flame:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This thread is getting really interesting.I don't care what happens: if anyone comes to harm or not. I have a motto, better to tell a lie and to be interesting than to bore with the truth.I would rather be lied to than bored.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
s12345 what are you going on about?!? you are beginning to make no sense. Whats with all the flames? Sorta confused.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join