It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.A.S Used on people of the United Kingdom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think it's more likely that Special Branch are being used to intimidate people, rather than the SAS.

My GF reliably advises that the SAS were used a few years ago to break up a siege at Peterhead Prison in Scotland, that it wasn't reported much at the time. So I guess they're still being used for things like that.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
SAS - Special Air Squadran.

Uh no, it is Special Air Service

BTW, i would think it is impossible to tell an SAS soldier out, unless they were wearing their military uniform including their beret and patches, with out them, no one would notice.

As a busker on the streets and in the underpass in Hereford I came to know the appearance of the people who regularly walked around the town. There were some regular but infrequent lone male visitors who had a certain look. They became very uncomfortable if I showed any sign of recognition. I didn't encounter this busking in other towns.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
From what i remember is that they have to be able to get back to the base within 30 minutes so they will probably be wandering around but not commiting to anything that will take time should they get the call

a guy i knew had a son who was in the SBS and even when visiting family he had to be available within 4-5 hours and was pretty much allowed to ignore the speed limits if the call came in.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
I admit it is very odd people are best at making up their own minds. The useage of the SAS on citizens seems odd. It does however have a presidence: they were used in Ireland when there was peace keeping duties, due to the IRA and other terrorist groups. In the miners strike it was leaked there was soldiers and SAS men sent by Margaret Thatcher to deal with the striking miners: although they were dressed as policemen without numbers or any identification on their uniforms.
edit on 17-2-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

I can also add that the SAS mark on the vehicle was simply stuck on as a poster. It does seem odd that more than one person would experience the same thing. Also as mentioned above they have been used on civilians of their own country before, and probably will again.

Around the same time SAS were used in the miners strike, an attempt was made to False Flag the New Travellers. A tough guy turned up with a bag of mixed ammunition and the promise to supply a variety of weapons. His pitch was 'You're never going to change anything without making a stand, blah, blah, blah.'

An equally tough but much sneakier traveller convinced him he could arrange a meeting with the Hardcore Revolutionary Travellers. All he needed was a selection of ammo to convince them to talk to a stranger. Mister provocateur handed over a selection of ammo and clever mister traveller took it straight to fleet street and placed it on the appropriate desk.

Mister provocateur made his excuses and left.

They were looking for reasons for this sort of thing.

edit on 18-2-2012 by Kester because: word substitution

I've always been suspicious of the two men dressed as policemen who stood in front of the lead vehicle and began the series of events that led to the scenes we see in this video. Were they really policemen? As the lead vehicle carried on at walking speed the two policemen walked backwards with their hands on it then stepped aside. The police waiting at the roadblock were then told these two policemen had been run down and killed. That's why they went crazy and smashed everything up. The Battle of the Beanfield was an inside job.

I would hope the SAS are too classy to indulge in crude intimidation.

Perhaps we're seeing the dumbing down of state suppression?
edit on 18-2-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
From indymedia.

"Tony Benn states in his diaries that while on the train to Chesterfied a man introducing himself as an ex soldier told him that the Royal Green Jackets and the SAS were involved in the strike.

Look at the footage, see the shaven headed police marching in perfect formation, many police uniforms had no numbers.

I read an account of a miner stating he recognised a cop as being a friends son who was serving in the Rhine army.

David Hart the millionaire unofficial Thatcher adviser stated in the True Spies series on BBC2 in 2002 that he paid ex SAS men to protect scabs."

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Why do all non British get the impression we have CCTV on every street corner across the country?

As for the story, with all the tension in the world at the moment I highly doubt they'll be handling missions within our borders. More like preparing for the sh**storm that's going to happen within the next few years.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There was a documentary that I saw a few years back that showed some high speed pursuits that ended into foot chases. The surveillance team used a helicopter until the streets between flats became too narrow to get a good view of the suspect, they then switched over to CCTV's and switched cameras succesfully enough to tail the suspect and police were able to cut him off at a bottleneck he ran into. I wish I could recall the name of the video but it must have been at least 5 years ago.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

thank you for the info. I appreciate it !
20 against 1, huh? geezl, sounds like a movie. amazing.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
1) Neo is talking about the Boat Centre. Its where the water wings are stored
and if they ask nice SB get to visit every now and again from the sheds.
2) SAS presence HAS been announced before to a target - IRA seige in NI.
3) If the UK needs shooters and bugs in one mission as well as eyes on? It'd be a mixed force of SAS, SRR, SS and Police SB.

4) nyone saying they are SAS or any related service needs a throat punch followed by a public flogging. That said all UK special forces elements are active on a regular basis on mainland uk to support police and security service tasjs.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh and another thought: all these people saying the SAS / SF would too busy should bear in mind there is at any one time a dedicated Squadron for 'Anti Terrorism' is on Instant Readiness standby for any all scenarios inside the UK. They rotate about and above all of that is the counter revolutionary warfare wing... they do not play nice at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I wonder whether any related personnel would have the necessary power to bring them in. I am thinking of any outside trainers: maybe they bring a person in to see what he does to test themselves against what he does. If they train against themselves it would be less effective than occasionally bringing someone in. Like top boxers bring in sparring partners to knock the hell out of. Just a thought though.

Or perhaps high level civil service. I suppose if they can be brought in for action against civilians then the civil service may know. Which would mean a civil servant could effectively declare war on a person or group of people without needing government say so.
edit on 18-2-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Sending British special forces squad to intimitade citizen of Britain sounds pretty weird. There are relatively few of soldiers in SAS, their time is very expensive and to waste it on intimidating someone when there is police/secret services/regular army units who can do this specific task (if ordered to do it at all) with the same efficiency but with much less expensive manpower.
There are numerous possibilities that are more probable then what you said - from simply picking up soldiers for the ride to the base to training for the olympics.
edit on 17-2-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

The intelligence corps get sent out to help the cops.
Normally the SAS tromp about in the wilderness in Wales and Scotland.
It wouldn't surprise me if they'd do some 'training' excercises that get close to civilian's like that etc...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To me it is about creating fear: same objective as terrorists, terror. There after all many special forces they cover air, sea and mountain. I would think that any of the special forces would use then name if wanting to attack a member of the public, so as to intimidate and make it easier to disprove.

However there has been our own military used on us before. It depends on whether the people involved are viewed as a big enough threat. In some quarters it has been said that some government organisations view environmental/ecologists a threat. Probably also any small group of people, for example splinter religions, wiccans...Anyone a member of any union (unions have been identified in the past as a threat: Tony Blair was working for mi5 at one time and identifying anyone in labour who had union or marxist leanings, probably describing the new labour movement and his rise to prime minister)

Other threats would be anyone who does not believe in a monarchy, wants any kind of constitutional change, wants rid of the house of lords, wants to get rid of hereditary titles.... There are an awful lot of people who they would consider a possible threat to the status quo.

Sadly this means that to these deranged people we the people of the united kingdom are the greatest threat to the united kingdom. If the truth was told it would be that they are less interested in terrorists blowing things up, than people working things out and wanting change: even worse lobbying for change.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
SAS have a long history or being used against citizens of the UK in Northern Ireland.

What is the news here??

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
SAS have a long history or being used against citizens of the UK in Northern Ireland.

What is the news here??

REALLY!? Not when I served. We were in the business of keeping the peace etc not threatening innocent citizens.

You really should stop talking out of your ass. The IRA were in the biz of trying to murder/blow up citizens of the mainland, we were trying to stop this. YOU, assuming you are American were probably donating money to the IRA as much of their funding came from the U.S.
I wonder how you might feel about the Brits if the shoe was on the other foot? Not too impressed I would wager if we were to fund Al Qaeda.

As for serving soldiers being used to threaten/intimidate British citizens, you are having a laff. This is clearly the product of a kid with a vivid imagination and too much time on his hands. It's a f00kin joke!!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDe4th

Any idea of the identity of the short haired guys who infiltrated the festival at Clyro Court and tried to set up violent confrontations? When they got caught out they all looked at each other with the look of men who are used to following orders. The foot to the opposing guys mouth was done more effortlessly than I've ever seen it done before or since. They hijacked a van with precision in what I can only call a military operation. I (don't ask) crawled through a hedge at three in the morning, stood up and looked left at exactly the right time to see it. At the time I assumed it was a drug related event but looking back that was the time those guys turned up at the festival. Sure looked like real world infiltration and s**t stirring training.

How about the 'drop you off miles away and get back using whatever ingenious means you can manage' training? What kind of encounters have the public had during those little jaunts?

Ewyas Harold post office was a handy place for a pint of milk and some baccy.

And what about the guy mentioned earlier who tried to False Flag the travellers with his big bag of mixed ammo and the invite to take part in armed insurrection? The Observer journalist drove from London to Wales, parked his car and walked straight up to me looking for the rest of the story so don't suggest I don't know what I'm talking about there. In all the years I was there he was the only respectable looking person who entered the site without looking nervous. The man had courage and he wanted that story.

A need to know basis is a need to know basis. And your need to know everything every squaddie ever did is what exactly?

Can't be proved either way, what are the chances of anyone involved telling the truth. Honour is a rare thing, too rare.

Looking forward to your well informed and utterly convincing response.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm not in the business of providing silly children with vivid imaginations explanations for things I was not involved in but I do know that anybody who thinks the Special Air Service (not squadron FYI) is in the business of intimidating innocent civilians is talking utter BULL#.
As for being a "squaddie" you clearly are very ignorant of many aspects of the British forces which only goes to demonstrate how weak and unlikely your little fairy story is.

There are many ignorant people who spend too much time concocting elaborate fairytales. Perhaps instead they should get off their asses and join the forces, then they can get their information straight from the horses mouth, I doubt they'd enjoy it though as it might prove less exciting than their little stories.

edit on 6-3-2012 by MrDe4th because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2012 by MrDe4th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDe4th

Thank you for clarifying how you come to know exactly what every squaddie ever did.

Oh, did I mention the fella dressed in soiled but expensive industrial outdoor gear who just happened to find my extreme 9/11 truth activism so interesting? Didn't hang around when I gave him a look of recognition.

Who do you think deals with stuff like that? The 4 team?

No, nothing can be proven either way. S.A.S get sent on missions from which they won't return simply to boost next years budget. I join their families in finding that disgusting.

Almost as disgusting as the military working for the bankers.

Real men don't follow orders, they make their own decisions.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I realise now, thanks to a previous poster, the look on their faces as they walk around Hereford is a look of, 'I might get called back to base at any moment'. Disguise that look if you want to blend in .

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
One more point, if I may.

Take this however you want it, this is fact.

Some S.A.S. consult a psychic before going on a mission. The question is of course, 'Am I going to come back alive?'

If the answer is yes, off they go.

If the answer is no, they put their affairs in order then go.

That is the sign of a true warrior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join