It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.A.S Used on people of the United Kingdom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Can you describe that? Is it the eyes? The mannerisms? What sort of clothes do they all wear the first few years out?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Can you describe that? Is it the eyes? The mannerisms? What sort of clothes do they all wear the first few years out?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It sounds that silly that most will think naaa,but because of that it is really happening. hmm who knows

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You mupets "SAS Soildiers" on a van??!?!??! if you belvie this then. Just WOW!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

The SAS (Special Air Service) are one of the most elite forces in the world today, they, along with the SBS (Special Boat Service) are probably responsible for planning and training of most US and UK special missions, for instance the raid and capture of Bin Laden was planned out by the SBS.

20 of us once went up against just 1 SAS guy hiding in the woods/fields in a training exercise about 10 years ago, needless to say, we lost.
edit on 18/2/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
SAS - Special Air Squadran.

Uh no, it is Special Air Service

BTW, i would think it is impossible to tell an SAS soldier out, unless they were wearing their military uniform including their beret and patches, with out them, no one would notice.

In the 90's it was pretty easy to spot SAS walking around Hereford.
Wrangler jeans.
Wax jacket.
Desert boots with para cord for laces.
Tan in the middle of winter.
And in alot of cases, a deperado mustache.

I don't know what their "off duty" is nowadays, but I'll be surprised if there isn't one.
Lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by horseplay

The SAS (Special Air Service) are one of the most elite forces in the world today, they, along with the SBS (Special Boat Service) are probably responsible for planning and training of most US and UK special missions, for instance the raid and capture of Bin Laden was planned out by the SBS.

20 of us once went up against just 1 SAS guy hiding in the woods/fields in a training exercise about 10 years ago, needless to say, we lost.

Responsible for the training and planning of US operations - Maybe when the Delta force was set up to replicate the SAS, but i would find it hard to believe that the SAS would be planning US missions currently ( Although the Americans are pretty horrible at everything they conduct militarily
) Imo, every SF unit is great, they all have their strengths and all protect their respective countries. For example, Delta Force are great at S&R, SAS/SBS are great at CT, and the SASR are great at Reconnaissance.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
they do sometimes use sas forces to infiltrate terrorist networks and such.they used the S.A.S plain clothed soldiers to covertly illuminate IRA forces.lots of IRA troops was found with slashed throats or broken necks and no body knew what happened to them.

Check out a book by Paul Bruce.

The Nemesis File.
The True Story of an Execution Squad

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

BTW, i would think it is impossible to tell an SAS soldier out, unless they were wearing their military uniform including their beret and patches, with out them, no one would notice.

Wrangler jeans.
Wax jacket.

I don't know what their "off duty" is nowadays, but I'll be surprised if there isn't one.
Lol.

Maybe i should have changed it
it is pretty easy to spot a military guy in the public, i would think it to be easier with Special Forces blokes.
But, i think the misinformed public wouldn't really notice if they passed one of them by.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Seriously.....

BRITONS 'PLANNED RAID ON BIN LADEN HIDEOUT'

Plenty more examples out there...........

EDIT: I wasn't trying to make a point by the way, I was merely explaining to a poster who the SAS are as he claimed he had no idea.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
To answer one question they are being used to intimidate. Also like I said THEY HAVE BEEN USED ON CITIZENS ON THE UK BEFORE:
1. IN IRELAND WHEN MARGARET THATCHER WAS PRIME MINISTER.
2. ON STRIKING MINERS WHEN MARGARET THATCHER WAS PRIME MINISTER.
The above times the S.A.S. were used was in the 1990's.

They have been used before. As for the numbers of the S.A.S. being small there is also a territorial S.A.S.
They simply obey orders: it made little sense to send them against miners but it was done and they obeyed because that is their job. So long as there is some cretin high enough up to issue the order they have to obey.
Remember the old adage,"Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms."
The times that the S.A.S. were used was under Margaret Thatcher in the 1990's. Under another conservative government it is all happening again

Remember these words the next time you hear about this is when it is so blatantly obvious that it is too late. Remember there was talk about whether the Army should be brought in to deal with student protesters. If they had brought the army in next would be special forces. The reason is some people think the people of the uk are a threat to their power.
edit on 17-2-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

Thatcher was Prime Minister from 1979 - 90.
Nobody was doing hardly anything under her in the 90's.

The miners strike was from 1984 to 1985.
Again, not in the 90's.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Seriously.....

BRITONS 'PLANNED RAID ON BIN LADEN HIDEOUT'

Plenty more examples out there...........
If you read more carefully i stated it about the SAS, not the SBS. However, i would feel that with most missions, the US would plan their own, as would Britain and Australia, and not get another force to plan it, unless, of course it had the upmost importance.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

And if you had read my original post correctly, I was referring the British Special Services in general, and yes, the SAS have played crucial parts in both joint and standalone US ops. The info is out there, Google is a good start.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

And I was referring the British Special Services in general, and yes, the SAS have played crucial parts in both joint and standalone US ops. The info is out there, Google is a good start.
I am not stating otherwise, just that most operations would be planned by their own forces, not foreign ones. I think every SAS group: SAS/SASR/NZSAS have played very crucial roles, especially in intelligence gathering.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Totally agree the SAS have been and still are on active operations in the uk
A friend of mine that was an instructor in the Brit navy was teaching a group of recruits - a hippy walked into his lesson with a high ranking officer and removed one of the students
Turns out this student was an Irish dissident ( don't know his plans )
And the hippy was 'one of them'
But as for identifying them selves as 22 - just wont happen
As for civvi dress
Cargo pants/stonewashed jeans
Dessi boots
North face/ mountain hardware / rab
Messy hair
Possibly with beard

And yes - the Brit special forces and intelegence are involved or certainly advise in the planning of many MANY foreign nations operations
You think of any operation carried out by a western nation or any nation with diplomatic ties to Britain WILL 99.99999% of the time have had Brit assistance
Many will say that the SAS are the daddy's
But even they say Mossad are best - certainly at CT
but even the israelis ask for their help ( think the plane hijacking as a good example )

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

Wrangler jeans.
Wax jacket.

Lol.

LMAO
No need for me to add anything to that!
Been away from home since 98 so I dunno what the mufti dress code is anymore.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I don't know about SAS but SF is not easy to recognize. They do not have to abide by military grooming standards and can easily pass for a bum. They wear clothing tactically to suit the scenario, what might look like random rags has a very important purpose.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mretgis

Most of us were just talking about off duty. It used to be a bit of a joke, how they all dressed the same.
Even sparked a local fashion for dessies and stonewashed when I was younger. Though we never managed the zapata tache.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It is almost mustache march, time to get that old zapata going then! More on topic the chips are stacked so thoroughly against civilians when an elite veteran force is used. It is easy to forget that these soldiers are just as good at the hearts and minds as they are at shock and awe. They're pretty good at Ghost and GTFO as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
This is something I heard from some people: just ordinary people who found themselves in a very strange situation. I honestly do not think anyone will believe this, I have no proof but I think it is interesting. It is quite simply that the S.A.S.: special air squadron have been used on members of the public. These people found that they were there to intimidate, I doubt they would be alive if they weren't. If others had met them not to be intimidated they would not be alive so I would expect no witnesses. Apparently after the said incidents they see a van with S.A.S. soldier on it: but the van appears to only be there briefly there for them to see, it is gone quickly so others do not see it.
edit on 17-2-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: changed title from all caps

The SAS do not identify themselves. It sounds like some thugs trying to frighten folk. The simplest thing is to call the police.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join