It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Prepper Declared Mental Defective…. Government confiscates his Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

offgridsurvival.com...
Doomsday Prepper Declared Mental Defective…. Government confiscates his Guns

Just days after appearing on the National Geographic TV Show Doomsday Prepper, a prepper from Tennessee has been declared Mentally Defective and his guns have been seized by the government. The Prepper, David Sarti is a character to say the least, but his story is somewhat disturbing and should be a wake up call for everyone.

Well this is disturbing. As a hurricane Katrina first responder I realize the importance of citizens being prepared for any disaster life throws our way.

I have only seen one episode of the show and I saw how they spun it to make all the preppers look nuts.

The reality prepping was the American way of life for the first 150 years. As a prepper we are trying to get back to the basics and reduce our dependence on the grid. Now this could make a normal person that depends on daily trips Walmart, think we are the crazy ones. I can tell you that after Katrina the people that were properly prepared had nearly no issues. Thus our dependence on the system was lessened.

With the sloping economy more and more people are looking for ways to prep just in case they loose their jobs or a localized disaster. With the above video and statement we are moving into dark days indeed. The need for people to be prepared has never been higher and now those that do are being treated like terrorist and having their rights stripped.

Under current law people having more then 7 days of food, weather proof ammunition, missing fingers, and or Firearms could be a suspected terrorist.

So why are people still questioning the Governments intentions? We are then new threat. Dissent is no longer a form of patriotism, submission is now the highest form of patriotism.

Looking to become better prepared?
You can visit the Mississippi Preparedness Project Website.

www.shtfplan.com... 112012

edit on 17-2-2012 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Mar 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Personally anyone who goes on that show, shouldnt even be considered a prepper, because the first rule in prepping is not to tell anyone what you have, not ot mention the whole damn world. It sounds like he dug his own grave in this one. telling the doc that is beliefs were that he was a Christian man and thought it was Ok to commit suicide, Im not saying that wasnt taken out of context, but.....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

I remember one of the other Mississippi Preparedness Project members was contacted by that shows producers. I was called and asked if it was a good Idea, I said no. It is sad that preppers have to be secretive but we have to cover our butts.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Being on any show is like testifying against yourself.

Doesnt matter what the show is or how they spin it in editing.

Dont ever go onto TV or post a video to the internet. Dont do it.

ETA: The most important thing that guy should be doing to "prep" is losing weight.
edit on 17-2-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
image.patriotpost.us...

Its a BJA/FBI MEMO about Potential terrorism indicators

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hmmm, um. hhmmm I dunno.....well....

I am on the fence about this one.

on one hand, you go onto reality tv you kinda put yourself up to be judged, convicted, whatever. I thought that guy was pretty goofy, but not dangerous. The state of Tennessee seems a little extreme in its actions. Hopefully he can get a good legal defense to prove that he can make rational decisions.

I don't necessarily think that you have to hide being a prepper. Some of the folks seemed sincere in wanting community involvement, and feel that is the only way to survive.

and I have a feeling that a lot of them did this program and risked themselves to get other people to consider their own preparations.

I don't feel the show necessarily showed these folks as nuts. A lot of them admitted it themselves. I got some valuable facts.

What I liked is that they showed people prepping for different situations, not just a blanket coverage, and they rated those people on how well they did and how they could improve. I don't find that demeaning.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think i posted this already in another thread.

The fact that he says he can not "prep" anymore simply because he doesn't have guns is ridiculous.

Makes it clear that his priority obviously was not "prepping"....or maybe i just have a different understanding what "prepping" actually is supposed to be and to achieve.

Maybe, in HIS understanding "prepping" is all about having a gun and to be able to use it...and to SOME extent this sounds a little "weird" to me...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Prepping for me includes 7 pillars: shelter, communication, food, water, medical, security and faith. While all are important, Shelter and Security are very important because without those anyone can relive me and my family of our supplies.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My whole life I have always support guns/ gun rights. I enjoy target shooting and generally think guns are well simply a neat item and a handy one at that. But as of late I have come around to the line of thinking and it might be due to having young ones running around now days. If I was in a scenario of survival and it boiled down to needing a gun to defend/ kill others in order to survive, count me out anymore I am not interested. I do have a few firearms still but have shifted my attention to mainly pellet guns and such as I can take out any small animal in order to survive, which would be fine by me. I would rather die than have to live in a world that I had to kill and constantly fight in order to survive, it's just not in my nature anymore, to each their own I suppose.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
After watching this show for a few episodes the other night, I have to say I am not surprised by what happened with him but I fully expect to hear it happened to others after the show runs it's course and the result won't be public for the world to hear about on a follow-up show.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone...but these aren't preppers in any sense I think of. They're just taking it to such a wild extreme, I'd be rather concerned to have one living anywhere near me. One of the episodes had a guy making a half dozen Molotov cocktails and then using them for training against a pile of rocks. Umm.. Lets see... How many charges was he good for after that one segment? I can thinking of 3 off the top of my head and I'm no agent. ATF will surely have more when they get around to it...but doing that on TV wasn't stupid. It was patently insane.

Oh well... To each their own. I'm recording the shows to watch more of them because the stereotypes these people are playing into are SO extreme to the outright wacko side that it's a comedy as much as anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just want to say that the "Doomsday Preppers" are a joke, if you wanted to prep for your family you shouldn't air it on national television you should be keeping it to yourself. And if you want to get the community involved you should do so without a T.V. producer.

I also want to say that these Doomsday Preppers need to work out! How could you protect your supplies if you can't even get off the couch in less than 3 seconds? Give me a break! These people are like squirrels hoarding for winter! I thought in order to survive catastrophes you need to at least be in good physical health? A gun is an effective weapon to have but so is mental and physical strength and most of the time those two go hand in hand.
edit on 2/17/2012 by VerityPhantom because: Typo

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Clearly, most of these ''survivalists'' suffer from some kind of excessive paranoia and anxiety.

As these mental states are generally deemed ''mental illnesses'' in Western society, then it's no wonder that these people are investigated, assessed and, possibly, detained by the relevant authorities.

While there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a store of food, water, medicine, guns, etc. in case of some kind of ''worst case scenario'' which could potentially befall you in the future, it's not healthy for self-defined ''survivalists'' to spend an insalubrious and unnatural amount of time obsessing over some kind of ''doomsday'' or ''armageddon'' which will never happen.

I would like to see the authorities checking out most of these wannabe Bear Grylls.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I't very simple

Don't "SAY" what you "DO"

AND

Don't "DO" what you "SAY"

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Preppers just don't share the same blind faith the majority of people have in our government.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

And i think thats a good thing because the government dont have our best interests anyways.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is a complete setup or this guys is actually mentally deficient for allowing cameras and a TV show to film his preparations. No prepper with a brain will reveal his plan and stocks etc.. It reminds me of idiots always asking what everyone else has what guns how much food etc. and the sad part is dozens answer them even listing all their guns etc what are you stupid?...

Like this latest thread and what would you do if martial law was implemented. Hey need a list of people to come to first go ask on a survival board what people will do if martial law happens and see who answers...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
WOW the damn government is mentally UNsafe.. nothing wrong with it next oh you cant makle shelters its illegal you have to be blown if it ever happen -_-

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Arm em all.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

what a real pepper looks like, just itching to pepper some one.

and not that he could aim

all joking a side it is nothing to joke or poke fun at, being ready for a ?? is one thing. wanting it to happen is another, like some I know are just sitting back , waiting for the end so they can start a new in their own view and being in Utah do i have to say more

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
How is this guy a doomsday prepper when he couldn't run to save his life?

He probably was suicidal...

But this is kind of selective enforcement, I know people diagnosed schizophrenic that bought guns that had to go through the FBI check. But then again, they didn't tell everyone they had a huge weapons cache on TV.
edit on 18-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join