It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain Man who has eluded authorites for FIVE YEARS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Eric Rudolph evaded the Feds, while being on the FBI's most wanted list for i wanna say 6 years. He hid in the forests of North Carolina. He had dug an underground ditch in which he lived. He was finally caught when a police officer found him ruffling through a garbage dumpster. The amount of "heat" he evaded was enormous.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In 1966, William Diller Hollenbaugh was the subject of a massive manhunt in rural PA after kidnapping a girl. I mention him here because he had a history of breaking into cabins for food, guns and ammunition... for several years.
He eluded the authorities for only a week after the kidnapping, but he was a former mental patient and not terribly bright.
,Peggy Ann Bradnick

Deadly Pursuit

He was known locally as 'The Mountain Man' and 'Bicycle Pete'.
edit on 17-2-2012 by butcherguy because: Fixed links.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I think i know who this guy is.

It is this guy!! (Look at the date of the post)

Don´t let the [HOAX] label get you, i do not believe that is a hoax, this guy was obviously wrong on the date, but i really believe he did it, since he seemed to believed in it.
edit on 17-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i heard there was a guy like this a long time ago... i forget where but same region around BC or washinton state i think

anywho they eventually did find him in a cave but he was also evading police for years breaking into peoples cabins

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtIsMadness

Are you referring to Albert Johnson aka the Mad Trapper of Rat River? Theres a book out by that title I believe and a couple movies. Death Hunt with Charles Bronson and another 70s family style called Challenge to be Free. Decent enough movieswith totally different takes on the story to say the least.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ive also heard basically the same story of a man that hid out in whats now the Sawtooth Wilderness of Idaho. Cant remember the exact name. Wild Bill Moorelan,Moreland something to that effect. Eluded police for years, living off the land and breaking into Forestry cabins. I cant seem to find anything online about him, know hes talked about in one of Ragnar Bensons books. Believe either Poaching or Live Off the Land.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Burning off your fingertips has been done to death and it never works. If you're worried about leaving prints just wear gloves. Here's a scary thought from The Mission the Men and Me. Skip to the last paragraph of the second picture if you're in a hurry.

Page1

Page2

Page3

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Burning off your fingertips has been done to death and it never works. If you're worried about leaving prints just wear gloves. Here's a scary thought from The Mission the Men and Me. Skip to the last paragraph of the second picture if you're in a hurry.

Page1

Page2

Page3

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Australia has Naden avoiding the police at the moment, he's in the Barrington top north of Sydney.
Google Naden manhunt
They are still hunting him.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Here's the link to the Daily Mail article

www.dailymail.co.uk... l

I wish I could live an elusive lifestyle. All this controlled civilization is suffocating. I've begun to feel like a prisoner in my own life the past few years.

Hmm seems the link breaks in the posting. If you go to the mail website and search for mountain man it will appear in the list of articles.
edit on 18/2/12 by Eirian because: Update on link

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This guy prolly had a 9-5 office job working in a cubicle and then got fed up and realized he can be happy and earn a living at the same time by living in nature. He prolly had you basic slave job that every American has, reminds me a lot of eric Rudolph. If this guy makes it past six years we may have a new record. Here is the weird thing wouldn't it be easier to make the authorities think you are in the woods when you are actually in fact in Vegas with hookers and rolling like a boss

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eirian

You might want to check that link, it's dead.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Davy Crockett' mountain man suspect has ties to Moscow

Troy James Knapp is a wanted man, a mountain recluse authorities say is responsible for more than two dozen cabin burglaries in the remote southern Utah wilderness. He's considered armed and dangerous, a ticking time bomb.

It took at least three years for authorities to identify him from fingerprints lifted from vacation homes near Zion National Park.

Now, they just have to catch him. Knapp remains somewhere in roughly 1,000 square miles of wilderness, a virtual ghost in the woods stocked with stolen gear, food and guns.

"This guy is probably about as true a survivalist as Davy Crockett,"

KLEW CBS 3

I wonder if he knows they know it's him? I don't think they will capture him any time soon though, and 1000 square miles of rugged terrain is a pretty good area to hide for someone skilled like him.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I love how in the article they say he's a "doomsday believer" because he has radios, dehydrated food, and other camping gear.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

I think i know who this guy is.

It is this guy!! (Look at the date of the post)

Don´t let the [HOAX] label get you, i do not believe that is a hoax, this guy was obviously wrong on the date, but i really believe he did it, since he seemed to believed in it.
edit on 17-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

It said in one of the articles that the suspect fell off the map in 2003, dark knight signed up in 2006. Unless he's also stealing wifi i don't believe it's him

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Yeah I know, I did add that the link broke after I posted it. It worked fine when I checked it, but after hitting post it went funny and wouldn't work. But a search for mountain man on the daily mail website will give you the article.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Only 5 years? What a light weight. He should've went to the Ozarks or Australia.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Are you referring to Albert Johnson aka the Mad Trapper of Rat River? .

No google the book Descent into Madness. I am referring to Michael Oros

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
I love story's like this! How easy it is to get lost when you have nothing for them to track. This guy could easily go anywhere. As long as you lose your identity and past life behind, you become whoever or whatever you want.

If I was to do it if say TSHTF my top things would be easy to do.

1. get rid of all id and electronic devises
2. burn off finger prints
3. grow out hair (cause i have none by choice)
4. drop everything in past life
5. start over in new town at least 2000 kilometers away, maybe new part of world
6. get gym id to start with new name and SE new papers in new id
7. start over

simple really if you drop all past and all interactions.

You might enjoy this:
How to Vanish.

It's specific to America but I could see it working anywhere. A lot of it is common sense, most of it isn't stuff I wouldn't have ever thought about.

edit on 16-6-2012 by cqnoble because: Attempt to fix link.

edit on 16-6-2012 by cqnoble because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sforscott
I love how in the article they say he's a "doomsday believer" because he has radios, dehydrated food, and other camping gear.

LOL guess that would make a lot of hikers "doomsday believers" too.
the media.... wow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join