It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain Man who has eluded authorites for FIVE YEARS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Mountain Man

He's eluded authorities for more than five years, a mountain man who roams the wilderness of southern Utah, breaking into remote cabins in winter, living in luxury off hot food, alcohol and coffee before stealing provisions and vanishing into the woods. Investigators have clawed for clues, scouring cabins for fingerprints that match no one and chasing reports of brief encounters only to come up short, always a step behind the mysterious recluse. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... l#ixzz1mfUF1C9k

This goes to show that even with minimal supplies one can surveive even when they are specifically trying to get you and pouring their resources at you. It is harder when authorities are faced with a hundred people like him. Keep safe ATS
edit on 012929p://2America/ChicagoFri, 17 Feb 2012 13:20:10 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
bad link?

secondary: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 17-2-2012 by HIWATT because: link added

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Fixed it, yea but from what I hear he has been burglarizing people and their cabins so he is pretty dangerous.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I love story's like this! How easy it is to get lost when you have nothing for them to track. This guy could easily go anywhere. As long as you lose your identity and past life behind, you become whoever or whatever you want.

If I was to do it if say TSHTF my top things would be easy to do.

1. get rid of all id and electronic devises
2. burn off finger prints
3. grow out hair (cause i have none by choice)
4. drop everything in past life
5. start over in new town at least 2000 kilometers away, maybe new part of world
6. get gym id to start with new name and SE new papers in new id
7. start over

simple really if you drop all past and all interactions.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It does say that he has left some cabins untouched and others trashed. Could be two different people?

It also states that area is prime for cult-type compound cast-offs... so who's to say this is one person they are talking about.

Of course, if they are looking to find one particular guy it makes sense to pin everything you could on him.

This is the reason I'll never have a "getaway home" it can and does attract this kind of thing. He's only been seen twice in 5 years so obviously doesn't want to be anywhere near people... yet he's "dangerous"

I'm not convinced.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
this guy could just be some survivalist that got sick of the day to day grind! That scares people! sure he's breaking into peoples summer get a ways, but he hasn't hurt anyone in 5 years! How do they know he is going to escalate to hurting someone? That's just fear mongering to get people to be suspect of everyone! He's living off the land, and thinks he has a right to it as his own with that letter. If he even wrote that letter!

I'm sure if people just leave him alone he'll eventually starve to death or die of some leg break or something. He may even shoot himself. Whos to say. They know nothing about him. If they really where afraid of him they would point a satellite in his area and track him through thermal imaging.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
. yet he's "dangerous"

I'm not convinced.
He is dangerous....to the status quo! He is off the grid and they can't find him. Imagine the sheeple hearing about this without the media spin. They might get dangerous ideas.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If he is staying away from people, I doubt he's a threat. Hw is breaking the law, by breaking in and eating the food there.
My guess is it's more than 1 person doing it.
How do they know its him for the last 5 years if he has only been seen twice?
Do they have finger prints on him? If so who is he?
If he was a real threat, they would surround the area he is last spotted in and track him via real time satilites.

What he is doing...breaking in, is wrong...so tresspassing and B&E is all they have him on.
That would get jail time...but honestly folks, when they can't get illegals, drug dealers, drug users, and all the other crimes being committed by others on a daily basis...why use any energy to get someone that is just avoiding society?....Or is he avoiding society? How do they know? He could be doing practice runs for bugging out and so...he could be your neighbor....

Bottom line is if he was a REAL threat, they would do more to find him.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Should read the book Decent into madness, it is about a fugitive that was also on the run and hid in the bush of the Yukon and BC in Canada he was bat# crazy and killed a trapper as well as an RCMP officer i think. Pretty good read. This guys story reminds me alot of that incident.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If he's not leaving any trace and he's only been seen twice, then how can they say for sure he's the one breaking in? Sounds like it could be one of those simple lies intended to set the public against someone - if someone's saying or doing something you don't like, shout that they steal, or fiddle with kids, or fiddle with animals, and suddenly the public hate them. Works every time, the old "no smoke without fire" effect.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There's more of them out there this one just now has a picture they can post. I had a place in western Montany for years and I gave up locking the door so many people would just move in. They had a guy that lived on the divide in the Bob Marshall Wilderness and they kept trying to catch him just because. They wanted the National Guard to go after him they told the governor it wasn't their problem

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
He's not dangerous, he just wants to be left alone. Leave him alone!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This guy is my hero.

2nd

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Einar????

it could be.....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
This guy is my hero.

2nd

I can't help but wonder if you would still consider him your hero if he broke into YOUR house, trashed it, filled it with bullet holes and ate all your food.

The residents in the area are scared....

If some one wants to fall off the radar and live off the grid, awesome...But this is not the way to do it. He is damaging innocent peoples property and stealing food from them....

He's not my hero. There are plenty of people living off the grid with out hurting innocent people.

Popular or not, that is my stance.
edit on 17-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioactiveRob
He's not dangerous, he just wants to be left alone. Leave him alone!!!!

Let him break into your home, trash it, shoot the place up and steal your food. Let me know if you think he should be left alone after that...

There are lots of people who live off the grid and they do it with out breaking and entering, trashing peoples houses or shooting the place up and stealing their food....

If he wants to live off the grid, fine, but when his actions start effecting innocent people, then he has crossed the line and I can't support this particular man.

Again, popular or not, that is my stance.

Not much else I can say.
edit on 17-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

He's only been seen twice in 5 years so obviously doesn't want to be anywhere near people... yet he's "dangerous"

I'm not convinced.

Exactly. But there are people who buy into that.

More on topic though, it just goes to show that you can "outwit" the authotities simply by being truely anti-social. Think about it. Since they don't have any real models of behaviour to go on, they have to use the intelligence they do have and it simply isn't enough to get the job done.

The proof? This case.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

He's only been seen twice in 5 years so obviously doesn't want to be anywhere near people... yet he's "dangerous"

I'm not convinced.

He has apparently got a stash of firearms, he's a serial burglar and thief and sometimes leaves his unsuspecting victims' property bullet-ridden and desecrated.

In what way could he not be described as ''dangerous'' ?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I would say fair play.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do to survive sometimes.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
this guy could just be some survivalist that got sick of the day to day grind! That scares people! sure he's breaking into peoples summer get a ways, but he hasn't hurt anyone in 5 years! How do they know he is going to escalate to hurting someone? That's just fear mongering to get people to be suspect of everyone! He's living off the land, and thinks he has a right to it as his own with that letter. If he even wrote that letter!

I'm sure if people just leave him alone he'll eventually starve to death or die of some leg break or something. He may even shoot himself. Whos to say. They know nothing about him. If they really where afraid of him they would point a satellite in his area and track him through thermal imaging.

I hear you man, but he's breaking into peoples homes, messing them up and rattling folks nerves.
I like him for doing his thing, but not breaking and entering into folks cabin's and leaving threatening messages.
That gives mountain men a bad name everywhere...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join