It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[EPIC VIDEO] Non-Compliance WIN: Bar Patrons Ignore Armed Robber And Eventually Chase Him Down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

This is from the Netherlands, Rotterdam.

(go dutchies :lol)

just happened to stumble across it and just thaught i'd sure for laughs and kicks.

a robber walks into a bar with his gun.

immediately wants the money.

but nobody is really paying any attention to the guy.

so finally the guy decised to leave and run for it.

all the people that were in the bar stormed after the guy, a marathon runner finally was able to catch him after a run of 2km.

they held the guy till the police came.

pretty funny stuff

funny shizzle

edit on 17-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ha! What a great video. Wish more people would react like that. The guy that actually tapped him on the shoulder to get to his seat had me on the floor laughing. Imagine the robber's surprise when nobody cared he had a gun then chased him down after he left empty handed. I would love to know what he was thinking while it was all going down.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Looks like this could be a primary example of the "new consciousness". There's so much fear-mongering around. Maybe people are so fed up with it that it just has no effect anymore. Seems to have lost its sting.

Good! First step to "Just fckoff. We're not playing this war/violence game anymore." Let's hope it's so.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I don't think this is the new norm allthough i'd really like it.

rofl

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If this is what some are calling "the shift in consciousness" I'm all for it

A great example of how the absence of fear can just annihilate a potentially explosive situation.

Priceless!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Those people deserve a lot of respect. I would not be able to react the same, for sure. I wonder if this is due to special drinks they serve
or people in Rotherdam are that tough.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Those people deserve a lot of respect. I would not be able to react the same, for sure. I wonder if this is due to special drinks they serve
or people in Rotherdam are that tough.

I would say the people are that tough. It has been named most dangerous city in the Netherlands 5 times and has one of if not the highest crime rate. Mostly lower income area and a lot of violent crimes and robberies. Could be that everyone else in there was just a more hardened criminal than the guy trying to rob the place....LOL. I think it is more that these folks have seen/dealt with this kind of crap for so long they don't want to waste their time with someone who was obviously a pretty poor excuse for a person and bad at being a criminal as well.

I do see this being a good way for people to get their own will up to stand up to thugs like that. I can't say it would be a great idea one on one, but with as many folks as were in that bar I am surprised the guy even pulled his gun out.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

You don't think so, huh? First, I'll tell you that I'm a (foreign) middle-aged woman. I tell you this for a reason.

Last summer, my daughter was doing a cleaning job at a dental clinic in the early mornings for extra money for school. The supplies she needed were fairly expensive. So I went to help her out one day. It was really hot there and we had the front door open. Well, in walk two Romani (gypsy) men. In this country, they are widely feared because they will pull a knife on you at the drop of a hat. So in they walk and start looking around. I saw them and promptly started to usher them out. They were protesting and said they just wanted to know.....I was like "There is no one here to answer your questions. Get out. Come back when it's open. Out. Now." I herded them toward the door. They turned around again as they were half-way through the door. I glared at them. They left. No further hassle. My daughter was shaking and in tears after they left.

Those guys could easily have knocked me over, pulled a knife or whatever and raided the rooms for drugs or whatever. But I was about as afraid as those people in the video.

Sometimes you just know there's nothing to fear.

new topics

top topics

join