It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all these you-tube videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I see so many people referring to you-tube video's here on ATS. It freaks me out totally. I like to multitask, read 10 things simultaneously, are active on 4 or 5 forums on the same time, and now somebody post an hour-long YouTube video, and expects me to watch the whole video before I can comment. Sorry, if I see a tread referring to a video, I just skip the thread. Why should I waste 20 minutes or longer of a crappy video, before I make up my mind that it is a piece of crap?

Maybe people that refer to a video, should start writing a short abstract of the video, which I can read before I waste a lot of time watching a video that is totally nonsense. I can read faster than what it takes to watch a video. Sometimes the 10 seconds (out of a video that is 20 minutes) that actually have real information in it, is in the middle, or the end of the video, the rest is all taken up by a long introduction that nobody needs, crappy music, etc.

Maybe people should just start reading again!!!! I see the same all over the web, referring you to a 20 minute video, whereas if they wrote it down on a piece of paper, they could condense it in 20 sentences or less.

but maybe I am just weird???? Up to you to decide...

edit on 17/2/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

what?!!! read! blasphamy!!!

hey i'm totally with you on this!!! its even worse when people think the video is the gospel truth.

i love to read,just can't type that well. i like watching documentery type videos about lost civilizations,but i'd still rather read a book about it. i can reference that a lot quicker!
peace

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Synopsis: Hamster, giving a dramatic look.

Now we've got that out of the way I think you forget that a monitor is not a book and for a lot of people reading a book on the PC is not a comfortable thing, hence the proliferation of youtube videos telling you things that (sometimes) are in books. I've seen many irritating videos but funnily enough most if not all of those were on TV and artificially designed to fill time slots varying in length from 12 minutes right on up to 3 hours. Nat Geo, Discovery, BBC. It's not all bad but much is.

Not a bad rant, missed a little pepper and chili...I mean fire and brimstone!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Lol, at least you didn't link me to a 30 minute video, and expected me to watch and listen, lol .....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sounds like you need a dose of patience. Slow your life down a little and take time to enjoy little things. You're on the internet wasting your life away anyway, whats a few more minutes of a diversion going to hurt? Every second that ticks by is one that you will never recover so why care?

Take deep breaths. Breathe in. Hold for a few seconds. And breathe out.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Sounds like you need a dose of patience. Slow your life down a little and take time to enjoy little things. You're on the internet wasting your life away anyway, whats a few more minutes of a diversion going to hurt? Every second that ticks by is one that you will never recover so why care?

Lol, hey, dude, like I said, I multitask..... I write software, administer stuff, do some research (serious research, not ATS stuff), study, read books, watch TV with one eye, AND then you expect me to watch and listen to a silly youtube video at the same time???? I only have 4 large screens surrounding me + 2 laptops and a TV, and a heap of books, and now you expect me to look at one screen full time? sheez, what is wrong with you??? (erm... in case you wondered, I **think** I am quite normal, doesn't everybody else do the same????)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

rofl, you have me on that one.... THAT is EXACTLY the same as what I tell people when I think they are getting too stressed out..... are you telling me I am too stressed out by any chance?????? (OUCH, that hurts)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Reading is Great
BUT visual is outstanding

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
Reading is Great
BUT visual is outstanding

Sorry, can't follow you... It contains a video

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
I see so many people referring to you-tube video's here on ATS. It freaks me out totally. I like to multitask, read 10 things simultaneously, are active on 4 or 5 forums on the same time, and now somebody post an hour-long YouTube video, and expects me to watch the whole video before I can comment. Sorry, if I see a tread referring to a video, I just skip the thread. Why should I waste 20 minutes or longer of a crappy video, before I make up my mind that it is a piece of crap?

Maybe people that refer to a video, should start writing a short abstract of the video, which I can read before I waste a lot of time watching a video that is totally nonsense. I can read faster than what it takes to watch a video. Sometimes the 10 seconds (out of a video that is 20 minutes) that actually have real information in it, is in the middle, or the end of the video, the rest is all taken up by a long introduction that nobody needs, crappy music, etc.

Maybe people should just start reading again!!!! I see the same all over the web, referring you to a 20 minute video, whereas if they wrote it down on a piece of paper, they could condense it in 20 sentences or less.

but maybe I am just weird???? Up to you to decide...

edit on 17/2/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

According to the Terms and Conditions of use, when you post a video you must include a summary of what is in the video.

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on February 17th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I know .... but have very seldom seen a true summary of the videos being posted .... Mostly the poster just posts a video, and the summary is "Watch this video, and it will explain everything"

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

this explains everything.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The most basic thing to do is to Shut up > ignore and move on

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Having told us twice of being such a terrific multi-taking person, it it is difficult to understand why you can't have that vid on one of your four huge screens, the wraparound 360-vid of the Grand Canyon on another, ATS on a third and be analyzing Obama's State of the Union speech on the fourth? You are that great aren't you?

new topics

top topics

join