Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Birds will inharet the earth so sayith me

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
First im not sure this is the best form for this post so please understand.

Ok here goes I just had a brain Storm As most of us already know animals are going extinct at 40 some species a day .Out of this number most are Larger and quite a few are Predeters .So in a realtivly short time there will be no large predeters Left on earth and few large other types.
Now it got me to thinking of places like UK and japan where the whole land mass has been taken over by man already .
Someday man will more then likly be Out of the picture .(extinct wether through self anilation or through polution or what ever .the point is we will be eather goin or very very reducied in poplation.
So now for the next thousands of years earth starts to heal its self .forest grow back where citys once stood . But theres no or few animals expecialy in these places compltly taken over by us .
so what animals will be able to replace us? well the glopglos are a good excample of what the new earth will be like for the next million years.
Not including the eguinas and dragons and turtals the Only Other animals that ever got to the islands are the birds as a matter of fact manny islands only ever had birds because ovasly larger animals couldent swim there.
So being that there will be more birds left then another types of animals they will inharet the earth.
And even more there will be the New age of birds Giants like the ostrage and dodo and the ones that lived in south america befor it was attached by the land brige.
anyway I just though this was a cool idea thinking of thousands of types of giant birds taking over the world again .There was a time in earths history when Birds did rule manny places just like this idea.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
And the "beak" shall inherit the earth.

They are certainly mobile. And can migrate vast distances..
They seem to have a lot of chemical sensitivities (Canary in a coal mine)..Is that an Overall Bird thing?
Or just some species of Birds?

Some say they are really Dinosaurs, or from Direct dino lineage..So maybe
the Dino's still win, in the end..!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If anything will "inherit" the earth, it will be bugs.

"There are well over 1 million different known species of insects in the world, and some experts estimate that there might be as many as 10 million."

www.earthlife.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The birds have had the earth for years. Birds came from Dinos.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
So being that there will be more birds left then another types of animals they will inharet the earth.

If number of species of animals is the criteria, then beetles currently run the planet and aren't likely to give it up anytime soon. I would also add that there are tremedous numbers of single celled organisms out there.

I'm glad to see that so many posters understand that birds are dinosaurs because they are descended from them too!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

And insects have been around just as long.....if not longer

Insect Fossil Is Declared World's Oldest
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

And insects have been around just as long.....if not longer

Insect Fossil Is Declared World's Oldest
www.nytimes.com...

Your right, I have a hard time seeing them as a ruler. Sorry for the mistake.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Your right, I have a hard time seeing them as a ruler. Sorry for the mistake.

No Sir, no mistake, just a friendly discussion . Who knows, could be anyones giess as to what will be around after us "humans" are gone.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What your talking about ie man dissapearing is pretty much what researchers think happened on easter island,the tribes there basically destroyed all the trees and ate all their cattle (sorry very brief summing up going on!) they then could not farm enough wood for fires,building etc and basically starved themselves out of exsistence-i think im right in saying there are still no trees there now-sea birds yes and some very nice,big statues that fell over but were recentley re-erected by the Japanese!

sorry(edit) there is apparentley a recentley established forest of eucolyptus trees in the rough centre of the island.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by optimus fett]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I myself think that Squid will inherit the earth and we will have Mon Calamari men.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The next species that would inhert Earth Would most likely be Squids or Dolphins since these two creatures are extremely smart.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DetectivePerez
I myself think that Squid will inherit the earth and we will have Mon Calamari men.

Ah, what a delicious sounding planet. Now if only there was a way to get a sexty tomato sauce to rain down on it from space.

The next species that would inhert Earth Would most likely be Squids or Dolphins since these two creatures are extremely smart.

Oh, you were serious? Well, dolphins are rather intelligent, but I don't think any studies have shown them to be significantly more intelligent than dogs, and, since they have no way to make use of tool making, I can't see how their intelligence can make much of a difference.

Squid aren't 'intelligent' per say, but they do have large eyes, and hence larger brains than other mulloscs. Not to say thats the only thing that makes them more intelligent than the average invertebrate.

new topics

top topics

join