It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4 types of ATS members.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I used to think that ATS would provide me with interesting, illumnitaing and entertaining debate on all things conspiracy and esoteric. That was not to be the case.

Instead, I have noticed that there are 4 types of members that clog up this site.

Type one is the American who automatically assumes that international members care about all things America. This is rarely the case. They are over sentimental and prone to getting upset over perceived slights to the down trodden. They post things like ‘try that on my front porch and see what happens, buddy’ and ‘sheesh, I really love family guy, but the Simpsons has lost its energy, ya know?’ The men are prone to chest beating and the women mostly into so called spiritual things. They all have their own blogs and over estimate the importance of their pontificating. It torments the American if he/she is not a mod and sees a conspiracy in this.All suffer from mass hypocrisy.

Type two is the angry or all knowing atheist. Nothing you can say, do or point to will change this persons mind. Interestingly, all atheists chose atheism as an angry defence mechanism against a religious upbringing. This, therefore, has nothing to do with science and everything to do with emotion. They will site the same professional humanists and will never budge even in the face of logical debate. They all suffer from naive realism and ironically, follow humanist authors in much the same way a follower of religion does. They all watch Richard Dawkins videos on youtube for comfort and giggles.

Type three just happens to be here to post and see what is what. They have little interest in conspiracy theories or alternative ideas, but simply need a site to sit on. They are usually men or women over the age of 50 and could as easily be members of mushrooms weekly website as conspiracies. This person is too quick to cry troll when they can not intellectually handle debate.

Type four is the raging paranoid. This person sees a conspiracy in everything and everywhere. President Obama could sneeze in a speech and they would see it as a sign that aliens are soon to invade. Any news is angled to fit their illness and all conspiracy means nothing until they have offered an opinion on it. They usually have their own blog and have an emergency generator in their basement and supplies in the attic for when society crumbles. The paranoid won’t join face book etc for fear of becoming a Manchurian candidate. They usually type whilst wearing a t shirt and boxer shorts and have an inflated sense of their own importance. Will ask questions like ‘how many agents are on ATS?’

Anyone reading this now will fit into one or more of these categories.

edit on 17-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i'm a little bit of all of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So which type are you??

I am not one of the 4 you speak of.

But then again this is my first post.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

haha wrong!
See if you can come up with some others

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

so which one are you in!!!

you can generalize the whole planet with this theory!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

im not any of them
im not american, im not an angry athiest, i dont see a conspiracy in everything and i am genuinely interested in the conspiracy stuff on here

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Type two is the angry or all knowing atheist. Nothing you can say, do or point to will change this persons mind. Interestingly, all atheists chose atheism as an angry defence mechanism against a religious upbringing. This, therefore, has nothing to do with science and everything to do with emotion. They will site the same professional humanists and will never budge even in the face of logical debate. They all suffer from naive realism and ironically, follow humanist authors in much the same way a follower of religion does. They all watch Richard Dawkins videos on youtube for comfort and giggles.

Anyone reading this now will fit into one or more of these categories.

edit on 17-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

First off, only a handful of ATS members fit in these categories.

Second, "all athiest chose atheism as an angry defense" is such an ignorant statement.
Where is your proof that every athiest (which is what you claim) does this?

Sorry to say, but saying an entire group of what probably would be millions of people suffer from naive realism because of whatever reason is very, very stupid.

You should think before you TYPE.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Lol with any belief system there is the all knowing athiest, all knowing christian, ect xD

But I fully understand where you are coming from on it.

I once had a christian guy (my friends ex college roommate) tell me that the world will never run out of oil because god replaces it every year and god wouldn't allow it to happen... He also told this girl that was in the room that god was unhappy at the fact of womens rights movement and that women were inferior to man. Instead of me taking this as all Christians were complete moron's and are absolutely ridiculous I just realized this guy was and didn't hold a grudge on the whole xD.

You will NEVER win an argument with someone if they believe in something, its that thing called faith.. Even athiests have it even if they declare they don't.

When you're on a conspiracy website you must understand that there will be the paranoid group.. That's like going to a bar and expecting not to see alcoholics..

Also I do notice that America does feel sorry for themselves a lot.. I'm from America so I have a little bit of a right to say it. So I don't disagree there..
edit on 17-2-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What a genius you are. Since your join date of....Registered: 9-8-2011....it's taken you such a short amount of time to completely diagnose every member of ATS. Bet that makes you feel so superior.

You forgot your 5th. group on ATS. The self-proclaimed know-it-alls, of which you obviously, must be the President.

Congratulations......

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You missed one.

The poster who likes to sit in judgement, feels superior to everyone else, makes sweeping generalizations and lumps people into categories without any regard to their personal experiences, hardships or the fact that we are all part of the same whole. This type of poster seems to have no empathy, does not recognize the individuality of each person, and seems to have a real desire to lump everyone into just a few categories so that they may be more easily dismissed, and tends to lack a visible sense of humor. For this type of poster it seems that it is inconvenient for them to ignore the few bad apples in their search for some real people to interact with. Bitterness seems to come to mind when reading entries from this sort of poster.

Just sayin'

Ever' time I go to town
the boys start a' kickin' my dog around.
Makes no difference if he is a hound,
You better stop kickin' my dog around.

Go on Blue!
(insert loud howl here)
ya' good dog you.

From the films Cool Hand Luke and Kelly's Heroes, name of the actor escapes me this morning, but it is the same guy in both films.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Bravo...Kudos....standing ovation even....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

But then again this is my first post.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Bravo...Kudos....standing ovation even....

Gracias amigo.

And on my first cup of coffee...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Even though this is posted in the Rants forum, it is a highly provocative statement. Have you had dealings with all ATS members? I meet the criteria of all 4 stereotypes you mention, yet I am still open minded and willing to intelligently debate most topics. The problem I see is that most topic threads become so heavily congested with personal attacks that they soon degenerate into meaningless drivel. The reason so many threads do degenerate is because people get too serious about the stuff that is important to them, yet show ill regard for the ideas and contribution of others. Not everyone on this site is that way. Hopefully the experiences that have led you to this conclusion will not prevent you from continuing to seek truth and knowledge.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

What a genius you are. Since your join date of....Registered: 9-8-2011....it's taken you such a short amount of time to completely diagnose every member of ATS. Bet that makes you feel so superior.

You forgot your 5th. group on ATS. The self-proclaimed know-it-alls, of which you obviously, must be the President.

Congratulations......

I believe that was his group 2 about all knowing - excluding the athiest label.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Only 4 types ?

A person should be equivalent to a 3000 piece puzzle. Think harder.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I think that you are missing a type that is probably the largest group of people who frequent ATS. That group would be people who are interested in NUMEROUS topics and know that they will learn new things, catch the latest news before it hits the MSM, and if they so choose they can discuss or debate anything and everything all in one convenient place.

If ATS was ONLY about discussing conspiracies it would become a bit boring. Even the most paranoid conspiracy theorist has other interests that they like to discuss, and there are almost always others here to discuss those things with.

I personally read many different types of threads here and am happy to report that I learn a lot about many different subjects that I find interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
They usually type whilst wearing a t shirt and boxer shorts and have an inflated sense of their own importance. Will ask questions like ‘how many agents are on ATS?’

Do you have a spy camera hidden in my house?

(adds another layer to tinfoil hat and does another sweep for bugs)

edit on 2/17/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I can definitely fit a lot of members into those 4 types but I am none of the above.

Good post though.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I have only skimmed your opening post.
So,where do you fit in among the 4 types?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join