It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry's Statement on Iraq Before the War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Just for the record, moron the UN believed Saddam had WMD's as well.

During WW2, the Allies had only heard rumors of Nazi concentration camps for the Jewish population and the horrible things taking place there.

It was only when the Allies invaded Germany did these rumors turn out to be true. If the allies had invaded Germany for the sole reason of liberating the Jews from these camps, and found no concentration camps, would the liberation of Europe been justified in the eyes of these same people that criticize Bush today? I don't believe so.

If WMDs were to have been found in Iraq after the invasion, would the sentiments toward Bush be the same? IMO, no doubt! The people that hate Bush are always going to hate Bush no matter what he does!

[edit on 18/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well said Intelearthling
. People who dislike Bush will always dislike him, there's nothing which will change thier mind. It's unfortunate that there are so many pig headed persons around.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by mad scientist]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Well said Intelearthling
. People who dislike Bush will always dislike him, there's nothing which will change thier mind. It's unfortunate that there are so many pig headed persons around.

Complete and utter nonesense. A huge portion of the population
respected Bush during 9/11. What changed our minds? His suddenly
dropped "Bin Laden" from his speeches once he focussed on Iraq, for
starters. One minute Bin was Wanted Dead Or Alive - the next Saddam
was Head Bad Guy. Sad part is a giant chunk of the US population
fell for it and forgot Bin Laden was responsible for the WTC's demise.

If Bush is voted back in, my friends, the world will dispise us.
Do a little research on the anti-American sentiment that's sweeping
across europe now. These people supported us on 9/11. They didn't have to; they could have easily said: "You support Isreal and incite extremists by doing so. Why should we feel sorry for you?"

Kerry is hardly Joe Godlike; he is, however, preferred over Bush across the globe. We need europeans help to weed out terror cells abroad.
If we vote Bush back in europeans may turn a blind eye to anti-American
forces in their midst.

Question for you: how come so many Bush supporters haven't traveled outside the USA? Have you, by the way? My hunch is "no".....you haven't.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
NEVERMIND

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
bushblows

I agree with you I was one of the ones that saw bush like a true president should be, when he took upon himself to take our military into Afghanistan and look for bin-laden I was proud of my government and our troops.

I applauded the initiative the boldness and whoa my patriotism was a heck of a lot different them.

What happened? Iraq happened, no bin-laden a lot of casualties from the civilian side of Afghanistan but not bin-laden.

In the beginning I though well he must be hiding in Iraq with the help of Sad am how Ignorant I was I watched the news everyday during the invasion of Iraq and I admired the way our troop did the job with not problems and minimum casualties how proud of our military I was.

What happened? I realize the whole Iraqi invasions were sold to us and the reason to be there were not noble at all.

Greed, lies, death of our soldiers and the death of civilians that we were to liberate took central stage and at the end it came to one thing and one thing only oil the greed for oil the Halliburton scandal the Cheney involvement and all the lies.

Our nation has been used our troops has been used and all for the wrong reasons, greed.

Iraq is a mess and even our politicians from both side of the house agree with it.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
if it really was a conspiracy, i would think that they would have imported enough wmds into iraq and then discovered them to substantiate the claim versus admitting that the information provided by our intelligence agencies was not solid.

i for one am glad saddam is gone and i think the world is a better place without him. it will also raise our power to influence future two bit dictators who would get out of line and think we wont do anything---they should know differently now.

[edit on 9/18/04 by spangbr]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows
Question for you: how come so many Bush supporters haven't traveled outside the USA? Have you, by the way? My hunch is "no".....you haven't.

Can you direct us to a link substantiating this assertion?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Can you direct us to a link substantiating this assertion?

Yeah, really. That was an odd thing to say.

I'm a Bush supporter and I've been to - Japan, Canada, Venezuela,
Bolivia, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Bosnia, Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland,
and Liechtenstein (been there, but can't spell it!
).

Same with my husband.

My parents are Bush supporters and have been to Canada, Japan, Korea,
Germany, France, England, The Netherlands.

My brother and his family are Bush supporters and have been all over
Europe as well as Canada.

What does it matter anyways? Why would it matter who has traveled
anywhere? There are tons of Kerry supporters who are poor and never
even leave the city they are in, let alone travel to other countries.

Supposedly Bush supporters are the 'wealthy', or at least that's what
the left keeps saying. Wealthy people travel more than poor. So
wouldn't that mean that the Bush supporters are MORE LIKELY to have
traveled than the 'poor' and 'middle class' Kerry supporters?

[edit on 9/18/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

across europe now. These people supported us on 9/11. They didn't have to; they could have easily said: "You support Isreal and incite extremists by doing so. Why should we feel sorry for you?"

The world will dispise us if Kerry isn't in? So what? The rest of the
world LOVES to blame America for everything. This isn't anything new.
It's been going on since before WWII. It'll be going on for as long as
America is here. We are the worlds favorite scape goat. We are
convenient for the rest of the world to blame their own problems on.
To vote a buffoon like Kerry into office just to appease the world is
not in America's best interests.

Of course we support Israel. It's a soverign nation. That doesn't
'incite extremists'. Those terrorists would be trying to destroy Israel
with or without our support of it. Europe should be ashamed of the
way they treat Israel. ASHAMED. It would be wrong for America to
jump on the European terrorist appeasement bandwagon just to
make itself more popular with the anti-Jewish countries of Europe.
Right is right and wrong is wrong. Europe is wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Kerry is hardly Joe Godlike; he is, however, preferred over Bush across the globe. We need europeans help to weed out terror cells abroad.
If we vote Bush back in europeans may turn a blind eye to anti-American
forces in their midst.

Don't kid yourself, the rest of the world had no idea who Kerry was until about a year ago and even now they've got no idea who he is or what he stands for.

Obviously you're a Bush basher so anything you post is always tainted. The fact that you present no facts in your arguments also diminishes your credibility.

You really think the EC would allow terrorists groups in their countries - taht is one of the stupidest comments I have read on ATS. The terrorists hate not just America but the West ( in case you didn't know the EC is part of the West )

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
�����..EVERYONE i mean EVERYONE was convinced that Saddam had WMD thanks to the Bush administration and that UN speech, i mean, who would lie about something as major as this right? ...with all that evidence?...............

everyone was convinced by the bush administration before there was a bush administration�.does that even make sense? i guess it doesn't need to when you hate someone.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That�s a negative (do i have to dig up the televised quotes by Rice and Bush denying them having weapons at the start of their terms in office?)
The man is a danger to political diplomacy and your country, not to mention the world. Everyone would be better off without him antagonising other countries while lowering your standards in the process.

This makes more sense to me than all the things in the world that make sense put together into one giant red sense bucket.

To tell you the truth, im beginning not to care if he gets re-elected anymore, why do you guys think so many people in the world are against this man and make their opinions to everyone known? Its not because we want your country destroyed, I can tell you that, it�s quite the opposite.

The moral of the day is to never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

EDIT: By the way, sorry to GradyPhilpott for making some mean, knee jerk comments directed to him in this thread and others, i felt like a prick after making them.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
bushblows

I agree with you I was one of the ones that saw bush like a true president should be, when he took upon himself to take our military into Afghanistan and look for bin-laden I was proud of my government and our troops.

I applauded the initiative the boldness and whoa my patriotism was a heck of a lot different them.

What happened? Iraq happened, no bin-laden a lot of casualties from the civilian side of Afghanistan but not bin-laden.

In the beginning I though well he must be hiding in Iraq with the help of Sad am how Ignorant I was I watched the news everyday during the invasion of Iraq and I admired the way our troop did the job with not problems and minimum casualties how proud of our military I was.

What happened? I realize the whole Iraqi invasions were sold to us and the reason to be there were not noble at all.

Greed, lies, death of our soldiers and the death of civilians that we were to liberate took central stage and at the end it came to one thing and one thing only oil the greed for oil the Halliburton scandal the Cheney involvement and all the lies.

Our nation has been used our troops has been used and all for the wrong reasons, greed.

Iraq is a mess and even our politicians from both side of the house agree with it.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by marg6043]

Marg - exactly. It's good to hear from another person who supported
Bush initially. People forget groups like "Republicans Against Bush" do indeed exist!

Yes - Iraq is a mess now, for sure. Just saw a soldier interviewed on PBS last night. His description of being over there was ghastly. It's basically a chaotic nightmare, you know? They have no idea when the bombs are coming at them. He said all they can do is pray.

How people who want to keep them there sleep at night is beyond me. Atleast you aren't part of that sadistic crowd.

Mad Scientist - you're right. There are NO terror cells in europe and
we don't need those wine sipping, oktoberfest lovin', siesta-diggin'
outsiders anyway.

(Now wave your twinkie in the air and chant)

USA! USA! USA!

[edit on 18-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

That�s a negative (do i have to dig up the televised quotes by Rice and Bush denying them having weapons at the start of their terms in office?)

please show me how the Clinton administration was duped into believing this by the current bush administration seeing as how they were not even a glimmer in bushies eye.

The moral of the day is to never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

you�ve convinced me I give

[edit on 18-9-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Kerry critizes Bush's decision because he doesn't care about the suffering of many Iraqis by Saddam
Though Saddam may have not had WMD what he did in 1980, 1988 and 1991 was enough to go to war

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
bushblows

It is sad now we are tag "Anti-American" because we has seen the truth, I cried for our nation our troops and for the victims of what a rational war was turn into a fiasco.

I am ashame of our president he has let US down. He could had been a hero now he is nothing.

It was other ways to get that oil and it would had look a lot better for him and our nation, now it's taken full of the blood of inocent and our troops.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It was other ways to get that oil

Sure Venezuela
There is a dictator there and there are now Muslim fanatics there so it would be easy if Kofi Annan understood that Chavez is a dictator who should be taken out

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

what he did in 1980, 1988 and 1991 was enough to go to war

The US, at this time was working close with Iraq, and supplied them with detailed satellite photography and communication taps to aid them in fighting Iran (this is a fact), some CIA agents have come out on record saying that President Regan cancelled orders by the CIA at the last moment, that ordered shipping of new strains of biological diseases and anthrax to Saddam, to aid him in his "invisable war" with Iran and other surrounding countries.

A few CIA agents are claiming that they got through anyway, but the paperwork was destroyed....if this is true or not the fact still remains, the US were willing to overlook Genocide at the time when helping Saddam, and to come out and say that hes a "bad man who murdered his own people" now is not only disingenuous, but 20 years to late.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX

It was other ways to get that oil

Sure Venezuela
There is a dictator there and there are now Muslim fanatics there so it would be easy if Kofi Annan understood that Chavez is a dictator who should be taken out

Actually I will have to disagree with you on this one, the only one that sees him as a dictator is bush, he was elected president on ones but two times and the only crime he has committed is not bending to bushes desires and will.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
so what? Bush is still barking up the wrong tree. Go ahead & re-elect George, I'll sit back and watch as his terror crusade runs into some major bumps in the road. BOOM!

<< 1    3 >>

join