It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Pinteresting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If not, chances are your girlfriend is or soon will be. My newest internet obsession.

What is Pinterest ? Pinterest is a virtual cork board for all your favorite internet bookmarks. What makes Pinterest so different is a slick interface which allows you to 'pin' a link giving you an option of what picture you'd like to use and uses a community base which you follow friends or other pinners who interest match your own. When you log in, by invite only during this beta period, you are shown all the pins of those you follow to which you can 'like', 'repin' to your own board, or comment whose topics of course vary as wide as the internet. You can then click on the picture of a pin you like and it takes you to the originating website.

I've found awesome recipes, do-it-yourself projects, home ideas, photography, fashion & beauty tips, funny pics, and new ideas for everyday items. Did you know you could use a Bounce dryer sheet to keep dust off baseboards, put one in your pocket to keep skeeters away, or to get hard water stains off sinks? Neither did I.

Pinterest traffic skyrocketed up by 400% last month. Last month it hit 11.7 million users, faster then any stand alone website - ever.

Freakishly addictive!

Source

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

More mindless social garbage for the sheep to engage in, which will make them less likely to have the time to do proper research which might lead to eventually grasping the big picture and interfering with the slavemasters "great plan" of social control, masterminded by the Elite.

You use facebook too, right?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

thanx for the post!
just checked out this site,looks interesting!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

!!!! your scaring me!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It makes me mad this is marketed for women, I enjoy the site myself. I don't have a pinboard but I do like going through others. StumbleUpon directs here ALOT and it is similar to stumble, but everything is 'pinned' instead of stumbled. Fun place to burn some hours away.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by NeoVain

!!!! your scaring me!!!

Star me, and your fears will go away.

Understanding the scheme is vital.

Once you put the darkness under light, it vanishes.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have been on pinterest for about 6 months..I love it. I get a lot of homeschooling resources from there...they have tons of print outs, projects and whatnot.

I would give my pinterest page but then you would know who I am

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mretgis

It's not just for women and I agree it's sexist that it's marketed that way. I've noticed more and more men joining and pinning.

And to the above poster about it being another thing yet to keep the sheepies busy. While there may be some truth in that as it is a great way to burn up some time, I never think of anything that can be educational as a bad thing. Learning how to recycle items I would never dream of having another use for to finding products and ideas that can assist my autistic daughter.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Good ole Pinterest has my wife addicted. I don't have one personally but from time to time she will show me certain projects that she likes or recipes that look good. We've gotten some pretty good ideas from there.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

consider your self starred!
thank you for the protection of the vile,evil establishment that works tirelessly to corrupt my better judgement!!!
i almost just signed up for myspace,but your wisdom has shown me the error of my pathetic,sheeple ways!!!

funny reply though,thanx

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Pinterest can be addictive!!! Some days I get lost for hours on the site & other days it's a bust. I like it for the recipes, DYI & crafty stuff. My fear is now that it has become so popular many companies are going to start paying people to pin products and that doesn't scare off some of the honest users.

OiO

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

OneisOne, that is my fear too. Right now it seems so organic the way it ebbs and flows as you say on various times - a lot to pin or more of the same thing you've been seeing for days. But it's still user generated and not like driving down a long highway with ad after ad after ad. Prolly won't be long till they roll out the autobots and have them pinning relentlessly.

Another cool thing about Pinterest that I've been seeing are products and toys from my youth, the 70s. Many of which I've forgotten but bring back such cool memories and a smile.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow, we are getting sooo overloaded with social media marketing. But as far as an individual website goes it looks very nice and also addictive. This would be the main reason I'm not going to ask for an invite. I find the more things I get addicted to online the less time I have to do the things I need to do. I eliminated television from my life once for this reason. If you spend all day entertaining yourself you have no time for work, and if you're like me and crave information this is bad news.

new topics

top topics

join