It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

privnote.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
PRIVNOTE.COM

this WAS a site that you could anonymously create electronic messages to send to others anonymously via the internet. was working as of a couple days ago. friend sent me a message this morning asking me to check it out...see if my browser could open it. said his couldn't open it. nope..don't work for me either. looks like someone doesn't want private messages being sent...PERIOD.

WONDER WHO???

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hmmm...
I'm getting a "Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection" response. It may be site maintenance or something...but I can't be sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

i hope you're right...hate to see another vessel for freedom of speech destroyed. perhaps it is just site maintenance. just seems like perfect timing with all this SOPA/PIPA/ACTA BS going on...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
didnt work for me.....

I´ll try some other IP adresses, maybe it will work for other countries..?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
down for all, lets hope not for good.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

thanks for the help! this really really sucks. just another stab at our freedom. what are they soooo worried about us saying without them hearing? worried we'll keep secrets from them like they do from us? a thief thinks everyone steals...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

It may not be a jab at freedom as much as a new website being overrun by new people. It's not hard to overwhelm a small start-up site's capabilities if it gains popularity extremely rapidly. Servers can only handle so much traffic, eventually they may refuse or simply be unable to service requests. Give it time to recover, or for the owners to upgrade capabilities and we'll see what happens. If it never comes back, then you can consider the potential for foul play, but for now I'd assume it were technical.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My friends and I use hushmail.com as a back up. Let's hope this one is not down for good though.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Try going to this address instead, seems to be working ok.

top topics

join