It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Persian staff face Iranian intimidation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The Guardian UK

Iran is carrying out a campaign of intimidation and smears against the BBC's Persian TV service, watched by millions of people in the Islamic Republic but loathed by the government in Tehran.

In recent incidents, relatives of BBC staff in London have been detained and threatened by Iranian intelligence agents, top presenters targeted by malicious rumours and one employee subjected to an online interrogation in London after a family member in Iran was jailed. Iran is thought to be preparing a documentary film discrediting the channel in the runup to parliamentary elections next month

And there is this from the same article -

Iran has repeatedly jammed BBC Persian TV since it was founded in 2009.

Iran's version of 'freedom of speech, freedom of press, etc'

The totalitarian government of Iran not only intimidates, censors, and even kills it's own .... but it doesn't have a problem intimidating and threatening civilian journalists AND THEIR FAMILIES. Oh .. and there are FORCED CONFESSIONS going on as well. This story reminds me of how Iran finds 'spies' everywhere.

Oh .. and some of the false accusers go by the name 'The Cyber Army of Allah'. According to them, it must be okay with Allah to falsely accuse people of things ... to lie .... and to intimidate people with prison and theft of their property ... as long as it serves their version of Islam.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah lets cluster bomb Tehren IMMEDIATLY I want too see no less than 50,000 dead children in the first wave of stratospheric bombing.

I wonder, how do you threads work? whenever a country becomes the latest target of MSM, western propaganda, do you simply keep this type of template in Word or something then cut and paste INSERT NEW ENEMY OF THE WEST HERE

Is that how it works?

Cause im pretty sure if I were to look at your post history I would not find any posts admonishing Iran untill it became the trendy bandwagon to jump on like it is now.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

So this is freedom translated in Farsi!

BH once had a signature that read something like, "True freedom of speech is defending someone you don't agree with."

But I guess if you have a difference of opinion in Iran, you're free to get beated, jailed, or killed!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Where are all your threads supporting the Green Party in 2009?
Probably the same place Obama's support was then as well.

No where.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Wow. What an odd reply. The TRUTH is reported .. that the government of Iran is falsely imprisoning and intimidating media staff and families ... and you immediately jump to this being a 'bomb Iran' thread? Your lack of compassion for the innocent victims of 'Iranian justice' has been noted. Again ....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You got me all wrong, I totaly agree, maybe when the draft starts we can bayonet some innocent Iranian women cowering in fear as they hopelessly tried to shield there children from the reign of death that keeps falling from the invisible enemy in the skies?

I cant wait, I wanna be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill.

See you on the frontlines soldier!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab

You got me all wrong, I totaly agree, maybe when the draft starts we can bayonet some innocent Iranian women cowering in fear as they hopelessly tried to shield there children from the reign of death that keeps falling from the invisible enemy in the skies?

I cant wait, I wanna be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill.

See you on the frontlines soldier!

Did we bring back the draft!?!?!?!?!

(I go out for 1 lousy cigarette and miss EVERYTHING!)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

More deflection. (pretty pathetic attempt at it). Rather childish.
Do you enjoy going through life with your head stuck in the sand?

Is the Iranian government allowing freedom of the press? yes or no?
Is the Iranian government falsely intimidating media personal? yes or no?
Is the Iranian government falsely intimidating media family members? yes or no?
Is the Iranian government trumping up false charges on media personnel? yes or no?
Is the Iranian government propaganda machine at work? Yes or no?

It would be irresponsible to ignore these truths.
We may not be able to do anything about them. But we must be aware of them.
To ignore them would be to do so at our own peril.
edit on 2/17/2012 by FlyersFan because: Typo

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Bring back the Shah of Iran thats all I can say, I mean when the U.S and Britain were running things.....thats what I call Freedom and Democracy right there, am i right?, am i right?? IM NOT WRONG!

BOMBS AWAY!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAWW!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Judging by your graphic description of violence, I suspect you would truly enjoy the prospect of a war. This thread is about the way Iran treats the press, both its own and that of other sovereign nations. You won't be able to see this covered on PressTV, so in your world its not happening.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab

Bring back the Shah of Iran thats all I can say, I mean when the U.S and Britain were running things.....thats what I call Freedom and Democracy right there, am i right?, am i right?? IM NOT WRONG!

BOMBS AWAY!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAWW!!!

You wear hyperbole like the underwear bomber wears Haynes.

It's a good fit for you.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the op of this thread has been trolling Iran since i can remember ..

its funny when a report is favorable to the op agenda, it will get posted ...

if it goes against their views then its false flag ,propaganda, pro west nonsense

iv seen the BBC report in current/past war conflicts ...when they repeatedly reported WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

guess what..... they were WRONG

i'm not disputing the family's claims of threats by Iran intelligence ..they are two sides to every story...

i would suspect they are following up on intelligence they have received, just like any country that has been threatened by attacks

having a foreign news agency in your country and that agency is reporting for the country who has war ships parked out side your door...you would expect them to explore all intelligence in the name of national security

PEACE
edit on 06/-06004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Is the BBC for god sakes so I can understand why Iran doesnt want them there, BBC is another warmonger TV station that will edit/report things for the agenda of attacking them.

Is not so much about freedom of speech, is more like the BBC is network that will report things unfairly in order to get more people on the "lets attack Iran" bandwagon, while technically it is an attack on freedom of speech you forget there is also another thing called self defence.

If there is a cancer in your body do you just ignore it or try to remove it? the BBC is a cancer to freedom a TV station with a Zionist agenda... I mean, it clearly says on that article that the UK already shut down Press TV in the UK... but you make no mention of this at all, so is ok for the UK to shut down the Iranian TV channel altogether but Iranians questioning BBC staff is an attack on freedom of speech?

From my past experiences with the BBC and from my friends experiences with the BBC (where we have been part of a story) I no longer trust the BBC and I feel sorry for their reporters having to report what they are being told or getting the message of their reports edited so much that changes the story... when you have a BBC reporter coming back to see you first thing in the morning to offer his sincere apologies after a report got badly edited the night before, it opens your eyes that even the reporters of the BBC are victims of their own station.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
the op of this thread has been trolling Iran since i can remember ..

telling the truth isn't 'trolling' ... it's simply telling the truth. Your deflection spin = EPIC FAIL.
FACT - The Iranian government is intimidating and jailing innocent members of the media and their families.
It's more media censorship and propaganda from the totalitarian Iranian government.
That's just the fact of the matter. It needs to be acknowledged.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Ixtab

More deflection. (pretty pathetic attempt at it). Rather childish.
Do you enjoy going through life with your head stuck in the sand?

Is the Iranian government allowing freedom of the press? yes or no?
Is the Iranian government falsely intimidating media personal? yes or no?
Is the Iranian government falsely intimidating media family members? yes or no?
Is the Iranian government trumping up false charges on media personnel? yes or no?
Is the Iranian government propaganda machine at work? Yes or no?

It would be irresponsible to ignore these truths.
We may not be able to do anything about them. But we must be aware of them.
To ignore them would be to do so at our own peril.
edit on 2/17/2012 by FlyersFan because: Typo

I havent gone through your thread history but have you posted any with similar indignation at the wests employment of these tactics?
edit on 17-2-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

top topics

join