It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Combat Barbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think I’m in love !!!

Read about this girl on some Tumblr blog I follow and thought she was just too cool not spread the word. I’ve always loved a girl in uniform but this one takes the cake

Meet Katrina Hodge. She is a Lance Corporal in the British Army and Miss England 2009. She enlisted back in 2004 after being challenged by her brother and earned the nickname 'Combat Barbie' after reporting for duty wearing false eyelashes, kitten heels and carrying a pink suitcase.

In 2005 her unit, the Royal Anglian Regiment, was deployed to Iraq where she earned a commendation for bravery after saving the lives of her comrades from a prisoner by wrestling not one, but two rifles from him and then knocking his ass out with her bare hands.

With her bare hands.

Then in 2009, she decided to compete in the Miss England competition to destroy stereotypes about women in the military and was the first military person ever to enter a UK beauty pageant.

Originally she was the runner up in the 2009 Miss England competition, but became Miss England on November 7, 2009 when the pageant winner Rachel Christie stepped down after she was involved in a fight. She only had 48 hours to prepare before taking part in the 59th Miss World pageant held in South Africa.

As Miss England Hodge managed to persuade the Organisers to remove the Bikini round from the Miss England competition. This she said would change peoples views of beauty pageants, from being just about looks and more about the girl.

Hodge said "To be Miss England you don't have to be the girl who looks best in a swimsuit, thankfully it's much more than that, it's about being a good role model". The Bikini Round of the 2010 competition was removed and replaced with a sportswear round. Source

In 2010 she handed back the crown and in 2011 her unit was deployed to Afghanistan.

Damn.

edit on 17/2/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I think she's an amazing real life example of how a woman can be seductively beautiful either inside or out and still kick ass at the same time.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

good for her! i dont like weak woman,and she certainly is cute!

nice post,thanx!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Great story!

I couldn't help but laugh when they mentioned that the previous beauty queen had to step down because she was involved in a FIGHT! LOL!

Nothing like being replaced by someone who can really kick some a$$!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Womaan that kicks ass wtf are you morons on?! Anyone can pull a goddamn trigger, sit on a humvee and have his/her legs blown off or carry a gun and intimidate unarmed civilians! Wanna see if she really can kick ass? Let her fight in any women grappling division or mma. Ridiculous!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Snoopy, you're setting a poor example for those of us that actually took the time to read the whole post.

You must have given up early.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You obviously skipped the bit where she knocked out a prisoner brandishing 2 rifles with her bare hands and in doing so saved the lives of many of her comrades.

Originally posted by Deetermined

Snoopy, you're setting a poor example for those of us that actually took the time to read the whole post.

You must have given up early.

Or just looked at the pictures and then jumped in late

lol

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I admit it, I did not fully read the article and jumped on impulse. The amount of warmongers pushing for war at all costs has me a bit jumpy. Im taking a couple of days off ats to chill out and mind bleach myself with a heavy dose of 9gag and lolcats. Apologies to all. If she did do what was stated then she does kick ass.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

I admit it, I did not fully read the article and jumped on impulse. The amount of warmongers pushing for war at all costs has me a bit jumpy. Im taking a couple of days off ats to chill out and mind bleach myself with a heavy dose of 9gag and lolcats. Apologies to all. If she did do what was stated then she does kick ass.

lol no worries. I've often just jumped in and paid the price later. Hope ur few days off did you good.

By putting up this thread I want to make it clear I in no way advocate war of any sort. I think the armed forces are being taken for a ride by TPTB just like the rest of us. Trouble is they pay for man's greed with their lives.

I guess I just stuck this up their cos she is a bit of a hero and its good to here a 'good news' war story for a change.

top topics

join