It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That odd feeling of danger

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Was youre very first instinct to RUN? Whatever these beings are..they are on Earth at this time...these things can jump into other humans around you..Alien, Demon?? I dont know..but the same thing is going on in the US..I wish you Well..and Never Doubt youre INSTINCTS! I am still alive because of my instincts!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
not nessesarily (you know what i was trying to spell:lol
like someone was going to hurt me, but there have been times while surfing you just get these weird vibes that something is under you i.e. shark. Itʻs not a feeling you get every time you paddle out nor is it a feeling that "just goes away" with "experience" like butterflies before a fight.

I can remember surfing this one reef break for about 5 hours, finishing my sesh in the late evening, suns down and itʻs almost dark, your whole bodyʻs exhausted, and me and my friend had to paddle about a hundred yards over this deep dark blue channel in order to get to the rocks and climb to shore; talk about the friggin "vibes".

we didnʻt even say one word to each other while paddling in. I can remember my shoulderʻs just burning wanting to stop and rest, but hell no was that gonna happen!

Glad we made it

Anyways i think i had that same sense before just exercised from a different angle so to speak

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I don't feel this experience was a panic attack, if it was I am sure you would have experienced another one since then.

Just remember that feeling of fear made you turn around in the first place to observe your environment. Everything within your body was screaming to run.

My wife's ex partner (who displayed narcissist behaviours) would often creep up on her from behind. She used to sense danger and turn to confront him. She stated that would never hear him approach, but would get a prickly sensation and feeling of immense danger when he was about 2 metres from her. By all means her ex was dodgy, held grudges and had threatened to her life.

I too have experienced this in different settings, it has saved my bacon a number of times.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I get a similar feeling when in the presence of negative entities. Not exactly the same though as I do not feel the overwhelming urge to leave. The difference is I get the similar feeling when the entity is not in the form of a physical body, only in spirit. I can sense when a person is not "right" so to speak but it's an all together different feeling.

My question to you would be have you ever been in a place that was "haunted" and if so have you ever felt the presence of a spiritual being?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
We call it going with your gut or "if it feels wrong it is wrong" sounds to me like you did exactly what you should have. Maybe there was no danger but it's always best to go with your instinct, it rarely lets you down.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

This is going to sound so stupid, but I swear I saw a demon in Kmart years ago!!

My friend and I had just entered the store. There were not any high shelved isles, so you could see all the way to the back of the store. I remember looking around, and towards the back right of the store was a man with graying hair. He turned and made eye contact with me for just a brief second. Now this guy must have been a good 150 feet away from me. He had very pale blue eyes that seemed to pierce right to my soul! I have never been so terrified in all my life!!!!! My friend was completely oblivious to him. I forgot all about whatever I wanted and promptly left the store.

I am not one to "Spook" easy! I work at one of the nations most violent prisons. I've seen inmates kill one another from up close. I even have a few serial killers in my unit... nothing has ever scared me like that demon in Kmart!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by davcon

Yes I believe i have, I guess i have always been brought up open to the fact that other things may exsist, And i do believe i have always felt around me presances in certain places,

Sometimes its been something explainable and other times not, I have even caught stuff in pictures by just snapping my camera in an area i have almost "had a feeling something was there" And always (So far) there has been something i cant explain in my photos (Now that could be that im just not clued up in that area) But who knows,

Ill dig out a photo that i took in London,

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b38c2d8f80b.jpg[/atsimg]

This first one if you look down the bottom right ! you see a shade of red and green.. Its almost as if there are 2 people sitting on a bench, (there was no bench when i took this photo) If you crop it it almost becomes a little clearer. some see it some dont

I cropped this and just adjusted the color a little to kinda see what im seeing,

edit on 21-2-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thats what I thought. You have the ability to sense certain things which is a God given gift. What you experienced was a demon possessed man or an actual demon in physical form. At first you just sensed something odd, a feeling that something wasn't right. When you turned around and pin pointed it's source the demon realized that you knew and "turned up the juice" so to speak to try and scare you and make you panic and leave. It's a common tactic as they don't like being detected when they don't want to be. They know who they can scare off
edit on 22-2-2012 by davcon because: spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hello Asala and ATS folks,

YES! This "feeling" can exist! It has been referred to as a 6th sense sometimes.

An example of it existing was the study the Army did during the Viet Nam War.

It tested Army Scouts, and native american with LONG HAIR.... how they did with ambush scenarios, setups, infiltration attempts etc.... and for some ODD REASON, the long haired scouts performed much better! They cut their hair off, and somehow their powers had dropped off to nothing almost....

And once hair was allowed to regrow out long.. the "6th sense" ability.. returned....

After this study, there was an edict set out that Army scouts did NOT need to cut their hair etc... so it musta had some validation behind it? Right??? lol...

Anyhow, yes, I think I have had this kick in before too... it was just before someone tried to carjack me in Phoenix, Az....

I felt extreme danger when this one guy walked out from the vehicles about 100 feet away... why him?? And then.. and then he walked in front of me to stop me, as another guy comes up from the right...FREAKY!!

I stopped sooner than I would have due to the hair rising on my neck... and backed up a bit and confronted them via rolled down window.... they demanded a ride to a place like 40 miles away... I showed them a firearm, and set it on my dashboard as I was backing up... they took off and ran like crazy....

This was when carjacking was in vogue in that region.... lol..

the "theory" was that long hair was somehow an extension of your nervous system??? and somehow it picked up vibs or something from threats in battlefield conditions...

Anyhow, it is a good excuse to save money on haircuts and grow it long.... since so many these days are skinheads...lol.. I try to balance the amount of hair in society...lol... got a ponytail...to make up for skinheads.

And it isnt near as cold in winter time..lol.

the longer hair thing, kinda ties into the SAMPSON story.. long hair he was powerful, no hair, or cut off.. he was lame and weak.. is/was there tie into the Viet Nam scouts and the old tales of Judea??? Now theres a leap! lol

Pravdaseeker

edit on 25-2-2012 by pravdaseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I believe that each day we become more connected with the collective conscienceness and as this happens it seems quite plausable to connect with one another without realizing what's happening! This may also mean we can connect with the general consensus of the worlds state of mind! What i mean is many of us feel there is something happenning and I don't think we're sure what. This tends to lead us into the relm of the unfamiliar or unknown which tends to leave us afraid! This is a normal reaction and once we tend to realize this we can relieve most of the pressure we are feeling! As for 2012, This date may have some significance but what that is can not be known or understood by humanity. It could mean the world is changing, it may be the beginning of the end of this type of life but i don't think it means the end in general. I believe this because I know that nothing can ever be truely destroyed only changed and this may be what is about to happen! If i'm right this is nothing to fear! We must allow this change to take place with an open mind! Without fear, hate or anger cause i believe this can cause us a nagative transition! We must keep a positive outlook to recieve a positive transition! The reason why I believe this is because as i have said nothing ever gets destroyed and as such whatever we feel we bring accross with us! I could be totally wrong of coarse! But what if i'm right!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by umbratica

I have also felt a terrible feeling of danger in a place once.My boyfriend at that time,and i, had to go an apartment where he used to live,so he could drop off a spare set of keys.This apartment was empty at this time,and the new occupants had not yet arrived.So we go by the fire escape steps,because he did'nt have the keys for the front door,only the kitchen entrance ones.He unlocks and i tell him i want a look at he view one last time,it was a nice sea-view..then as i started walking towards the lounge,to go out on the balcony,i was stopped in my tracks by the most awful feeling of danger,it was so thick in the air,i just thought WTF? Just a feeling of: Do not go any further,it will be a terrible mistake.
I was still wondering what to do,because i can be stubborn,but the next second he hisses at me:xxxxx,come on!Lets get outa here right NOW! and the panic in his voice realy freaked me out. We lost no time getting outa there,barely stopping to latch the kitchen door,and we did,nt stop running till we came to the bottom of the stairs,3 storeys down.
I was used to bad energies and feeling spirits and entities around me,as i grew up in a very bad house,very spirit-infested and always ive felt malevolent spirits around.So i was kind of used to it,although this was the most endangered and menaced i ever felt,well at that age.I asked him when we got to the bottom what it was,scared him so,and he replied that he just sensed pure evil and danger.He never normaly felt or experienced anything like that,so for him it was mega-frightening.Still gives me the creeps to think,if he did'nt feel it,i may have just walked on to the balcony,cus like i said i could be stubborn,growing up with these things.I sometimes find myself wondering just what would have happened,had i walked on.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davcon

I have felt them all my life,though the house i live in now,is pretty much "clean" at the moment.I grew up in a house infested with spirits,as a very small child it was horribly frightening,also im an empath and a sensitive,which made it a million times worse.When i was a bit older,i discovered it actualy stood on a very old graveyard,i remember my adoptive father once dug up a human skull while he was gardening,right next to our house.And next to the obscene little veggie garden was a deconsecrated church.

What bugged me as a kid,was now i could eat those veggies again,i mean..realy.Charming folks my adoptive family was,they of course did'nt mind in the least.Anyway,as the years went by,i became so "blunt" to the spirits around,it was not realy scary anymore,one gets used to anything.But as i got older and moved out,i of course started living in normal places and found that i sensed spirits even more keenly then,as i was'nt being "flooded" with their presence anymore.So when i did come across one,i would get my tell-tale sign,a very weird feeling at the back of my throat,a tickly,scratchy feeling,and a definite sense of being watched.Almost tangible,the change of athmosphere.As a small kid,i had this tell-tale sign very often,but as i became desensitised due to overexposure to spirit presences,it went away.But it returns these days,when something is close.Which,pleasantly and happily,has not happened for a while now.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

The feeling with me is almost always different. Sometimes I feel an enegy. Other times it's a physical feeling. For example I have a friend who lives in a 100 year old house. It's a 2 story house with an attic. My friends live in the downstairs portion and the 2nd level is these days storage rooms. I have always felt a presense in his house. One day he brought me upstairs to show me the rest of the house. Interesting because the rooms were originally bedrooms but were made into small little one and two room apartments by his grandfather after WW2 for returning soldiers to rent.

This particular day was very hot, temperatures over 90 degrees F. With the upstairs of the house normally closed off the cooling system had no effect up there at all so it blistering hot up there as I am sure you can imagine. There are 6 rooms up there made into 4 apartments. As he was showing me these rooms and all the old antiques and things they had there I felt nothing unusual except one room.

As we walked into this room the back of my hands went instantly cold. Not the palms just the back of my hands. Now mind you it was blistering hot up there, no open windows, no source for this cold at all. He was pointing out some antiques and showed me some wooden window shutters and shelves that he bought in an auction that came from a well known mansion that is famous for paranormal activity. I then touched those items and felt an energy surge from them
edit on 13-3-2012 by davcon because: spelling

edit on 13-3-2012 by davcon because: typo errors

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Had to cut my last post short. Something came up. Anyways to finish off my thought, It's always different with me. Like with my hands going cold in a stifiling hot room. We even went back into the other rooms and then came back to the room where my hands went cold and I had the same reaction. Have been in that room 3 other times now with always the same reaction. Yet I have never had that happen like that anywheres else. Back of my hands going cold that is. It's almost always something different

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: asala
I would like to share a real odd but powerful feeling that I had and would be interested to hear what others also have to say or experienced on this matter,

Can we feel evil in someone?

Goodness know how you would test this or even find more information on the person that you felt it with so you could validate or dismiss the intense feeling that someone is "bad"

My experience was short but really impacted the rest of my day,

I was standing in a que waiting to be served in a shop when i had the utmost feeling that something around me felt very odd, I turned around to be drawn to a man that was possibly 2 or 3 people behind me,

Thats when this very odd feeling really engulfed me! I started to experience extream fear, My heart started beating really fast and i could almost hear it pumping through my ears, It was almost a feeling or terror that i could only explain as if you where cornered by some murderer and fearing for your life,

I had the most strange feeling that this guy was very bad and that my life may be in danger, My gut instinct was to get out of there! So i did,

I was even scared to walk home fearing that something may happen, I ended up calling a friend to come get me, I could not even tell her why in the fear of appearing quite mad,

This happened over a year ago and i have never experiences anything since or before,

Im perfectly sane and not the kind of person who gets Anxious, I have always lived in the rough areas of London so im quite equipped dealing with scary people lol

So was this man "bad" What ever that word entails? Have you ever experienced something similar?

I destroy evil but I'm very precise. That's so we can turn odd future into old future removing evil.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I don't post too much, and I posted this before, but I've had that feeling to a lesser degree. It was when I was a teenager, I got what at the time was a new and strange feeling of dread, which I later leaned was similar to anxiety. But to be clear, I'd never had that feeling before and it had lasted for two weeks. On top of that, I had this strange feeling I was going to die. And then a week in, having never said anything like this before, my mother just came out and said she was having a bad feeling I was going to die too. Imagine hearing that as a teenager with that feeling!

Anyway, we're not spiritual in that sort of way (but we are Catholic). At the end of that two weeks I was in a car that crashed at 100mph into a tree. 3 passengers, one was killed in the back, other spent 6-8 months hospital, and I got 7-8 days with one tiny and MINOR external scratch (that later scarred terribly like no other scar I've had, which was wierd). My mother was awoken when it happened, by what she thought was someone in her room. When I got home from the hospital, I woke up to two ghosts who just kind of trailed off above the shoulders without heads. Or it was the pain medication I was on, I'd say 50/50. Never saw a ghost any other time in my life (if that is what it was), and that was the only sorta ghost story my mother had ever told me (thinking someone was in her room that night). Oddly, her slightly spiritual (in that way) friend also woke up in the middle of the night feeling she needed to call my mother when the accident happened.

I credit God with the decision to spare my life there, hope I can make it worth His while.

Heck, I'll go on with a tangentially related story. In first year of a professional degree, I was heading into full year 100% finals. I was experiencing actual anxiety (not the dread feeling I was talking about previously). I asked a very religious/God-fearing friend to pray for me one evening, that I'd be able to sleep and take the stress away. I woke up the next day, with a day or two till exams, feeling absolutely stress free. It was a TOTAL transformation, and I did absolutely outstanding, which forever changed my career prospects going forward.

Hope that was of some interest to some of you, realize it was kinda long.

And that information about the long hair study was fascinating! Thinking GoT and the Dothraki.
edit on 5-10-2016 by jwlaffer because: Grammar

edit on 5-10-2016 by jwlaffer because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have felt something similar to you, I was in maybe 5th or 6th grade I think and we had a substitute teacher. I kept getting this weird feeling from this guy I was definitely afraid of him and did not trust him at all. I can read auras and I decided to read his aura and it was completely black and it was pretty strong too.

Black doesn't mean evil on auras but this guy did not feel right at all and he has been the only black aura I have ever seen. But I think people can feel evil in other people, the problems come when I'm not sure if it's ego or something else gets in the way.
edit on 6-10-2016 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join