It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That odd feeling of danger

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Sounds like a panic attack to me,but i may be wrong

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by imnothereru

I would have said the same thing if it was not me who experienced it, I cant rule it out but i really just dont think it was as i have never ever had such a thing happen like that before or after,

If panic attack was the case i would have to ask myself...
Why would this have happened? Why that moment? The shop is somewhere i go daily and over many many years..

I just cant figure it out,

And its kinda has me irritated trying lol

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kester

Originally posted by asala

Thats when this very odd feeling really engulfed me! I started to experience extream fear, My heart started beating really fast and i could almost hear it pumping through my ears, It was almost a feeling or terror that i could only explain as if you where cornered by some murderer and fearing for your life,

Have you ever experienced something similar?

Yes. Once. When I was very close to a big cat in the dark. I felt the cat was projecting fear into me. Perhaps some people have this ability.

Of projecting fear into themselves, yes.
Anticipation followed by survival instinct. This often lies in the basis of a anxiety attack. In case of the man or the cat it is most likely your mind trying to rationalize it by attributing it to said person or cat.

Certain medicine and mental conditions/states (stress, loss of a loved one etc etc mental trauma) can boost this but its nothing really that strange.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Panic attacks can happen for any reason, and in places we have been to thousands of times,

Panic attacks cannot be predicted. At least in the early stages of the disorder, there is no trigger that starts the attack. Recalling a past attack may trigger panic attacks.

Either that or an anxiety attack

Anxiety is the body’s natural response to danger, an automatic alarm that goes off when you feel threatened.

there are two links below if you want to check them out
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

helpguide.org...

Experiencing a panic attack has been said to be one of the most intensely frightening, upsetting and uncomfortable experiences of a person's life and may take days to initially recover from

en.wikipedia.org...

might of just been a one off if you had been stressed ?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Thats the odd thing... I have never suffered that kind of thing, Im pretty hard knox in that kind of way, I lived within alot of danger and its not something i have ever panicked about,

well if you have no past history of it then it's not that as panic and anxiety attacks just don't start out of nowhere for those over the age of 20, PTSD aside.

wanted add that i have had them since i was 12 but never knew what it was and i only got help for it a year ago, i am now 47 so even though they usually start at a young age many people don't realize what they are dealing with.
edit on 17-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
odd feelings of danger can be induced with EMFs.

You need divine power to distinguish true from false.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Thats the odd thing... I have never suffered that kind of thing, Im pretty hard knox in that kind of way, I lived within alot of danger and its not something i have ever panicked about,

well if you have no past history of it then it's not that as panic and anxiety attacks just don't start out of nowhere for those over the age of 20, PTSD aside.

Actually that is exactly how they surface.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thanks, Who knows eh?

Its going to be one of those things i may never know the answer too,

panic attack? Paranormal? Body language? I so wish there was ways to test theses things, would make and interesting study for sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As for being stressed I guess that could be an issue, I also suffer Sleep paralysis quite often, so there could be a linking factor going on the medical route of that,
edit on 17-2-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

rafe_is right they can happen at anytime , at any age , in any place.There is no, its going to happen here an now!, or sorry it cant be a panic attack because your over the age of 20, thats not how it works.
I hope you work it out Asala, glad it hasnt happened to you again they can be very scary

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

yes trust me i know i have OCD so sometimes people have to really put the puzzle pieces together to see if a panic disorder is a possibility for them.
edit on 17-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Thanks, Who knows eh?

Its going to be one of those things i may never know the answer too,

panic attack? Paranormal? Body language? I so wish there was ways to test theses things, would make and interesting study for sure.

It depends a lot on your regular state of mind. If you have always been open to paranormal ideas (not even a firm believer) you will be very easily persuaded (by yourself) that things like panic attacks are evil/paranormal invasions of the sorts more so because they make you lose any control and sense of it.

They do come out of nowhere and without real warning.

These sort of attacks can be just a one off or occur in 1 period of time in your life or if you are unlucky re-occur through out your life, the latter usually points to older trauma or in some cases earlier or current drug abuse.

In the old days you would most likely be assigned the local village priest to asses if a exorcism is necessary

It is usually just a stress reaction (stress is based in fear) You just had only 1 ,I think you are just fine.

edit on 17-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
That feeling is there for a reason....listen to it. I had a similar experience, so I know what you mean. People do not have to speak to communicate....we do it with body language all the time and don't even realize it. You must have subconsciously picked up something from his body language. When you have that feeling, trust it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I think you're 'awakening' like alot of us these past few years.
I have felt threatened - before seeing anything to worry about, which I credit to my 'guardian angels' yelling warnings at me.
And I have seen evil in people, they give off a very ugly black aura.
trust your instincts....
just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
That feeling is there for a reason....listen to it. I had a similar experience, so I know what you mean. People do not have to speak to communicate....we do it with body language all the time and don't even realize it. You must have subconsciously picked up something from his body language. When you have that feeling, trust it.

I didn't mean to but I think I mimicked you...
She did say she felt it before she saw him though, I credit that to others on the other side yelling at us or our heightened senses.
you changed your avatar. darn it, I have a hard time with change.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
odd feelings of danger can be induced with EMFs.

You need divine power to distinguish true from false.

The electrical activity associated with emotions has been mapped out and can be projected into a subject causing them to experience those emotions. People can also be caused to say words, experience thoughts and move. The technology is expensive and unreliable.

"Presently I saw a rabbit quite close to me flatten down, flat as a rag, its eyes wide with terror. I guessed what was afoot, and a few seconds later a stoat came out of the wall and sat upright on a flat stone staring at the rabbit. He was obviously gloating over it, knowing it to be helpless..."

"It was also interesting how the stoat traumatised the other rabbits to the point of freezing. I had just shot one in a quarry and was surprised to see another sitting frozen despite the obvious gunsound. When I shot the other and went to collect it, another rabbit came screaming over a rock with the stoat attached. I left him to it."

Accounts such as this and my own experience leads me to suspect that some people also have the ability to freeze their prey with terror. It is effectively impossible after the event to be certain whether it was a natural or artificial projection. Linking the feeling to the particular man suggests he was idly practising his natural ability while waiting in a queue. It is possible he was using a small, portable device. Those who use odd, practically undetectable weaponry often practise in the real world.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I'm fairly sure this man has a natural ability to influence others and he was practising his 'terror projection' on someone in a queue. His behaviour seems immature and dangerous.

If it happens again create an imaginary mirror of strong, polished silver and reflect the projection back to him. You don't need any kind of training to protect yourself in this way. The intention is where the power is.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I remember walking around a college campus at night without too many people around. Someone a little bit off in the distance ahead of me heard me and started walking a lot faster. I think I made them nervous.

Sometimes animals act strange around me too. Not always though. I remember when I was a young kid walking about one school someone shouted out that there was a wolf loose. They ran. I casually walked right by it. The wolf seemed calm and peaceful. I didn't try to pet it though. It was minding it's own business but it was unusual to have a wolf walking across school grounds. We actually passed each other within a couple of feet.

I remember someone's "guard" dog was anything but. I remember the dog never let me get closer than 50 feet before it took off and ran away. It somehow sensed my presence and never let me get close. Sometimes other dogs will start barking wildly as I walk by. I hardly think I'm evil. There have been a few animals especially cats that seem to want to curl up around me. Except for a couple that jumped out in front of my vehicle while I was going at least 55 mph.

I once had a sense that somone was evil. It may have had something to do with the way he was dressed and seemed slightly threatening. It might have had something to do with the way he was holding the knife in his hand. I don't know though. It may have been a sixth sense. We both backed off and he didn't bother me again.

When dogs bark wildly it does make me have evil thoughts about what I would like to do to them as if it triggers something in me. Some dogs are very peaceful around me though. I thought the one wild wolf I met was very peaceful. I didn't try to see if a pack of wolves was peaceful or not when I spotted them in a campground one night. Things just seemed a little bit weird with the fog bank rolling across the large field and the lunar eclipse happening at the same time.

The only time I remember someone looking really scared was when I walked through a door that opened up by itself. He ducked, stumbled and ran for it. I was wondering what he saw that scared him.

Some animals do freeze in place when they are spotted. I believe some will freeze in fear hoping no movement will prevent them from being seen. They aren't too bright. Except for one squirrel that ran high up in a tree and froze. Freezing low down is stupid.

I'm glad the multitude of deer I have spotted late at night along the road freeze in place. All except a few who were already running.
edit on 18/2/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by AlphaX

fellow sensitive i presume? if yes,and i think you are because i got goosbumps reading your reply!
you must get premanitions as well! this 'gift' isnt as cool as some people think!

Me, too

I think it was evil you sensed, and an oppressive spiritual/supernatural influence upon that man. It was like you were being told who/what he was and what he was about with just a "knowing". It is good that you are able to act upon that. I understand, though, if you explain this to people, they can really feel you are odd.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Yes, The Guy was Bad..it sounds like you got into Survival Mode..you did the right thing by leaving the area..the guy could have been Alien or Demon...I know of that feeling..Always Follow Youre Instincts!! They are built in to keep you alive from whatever danger is around you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join