It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen - "I'm Tired of Pretending Ashton Kutcher Doesn't Suck ... "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Charlie Sheen - I'm Tired of Pretending that Ashton Kutcher Doesn't Suck on Two and a Half Men

"I'm tired of pretending Ashton doesn't suck," Sheen told TMZ in a live telephone interview Thursday. "I'm tired of lying. I'm tired of pretending the show doesn't suck. I'm tired of pretending Ashton doesn't suck," he explained. "It's nothing personal. I just feel bad for him. He's saddled with such bad writing."

Well .. when you are right, you are right. The show sucks now. Kutcher is just being Kelso but on a different set. His acting abilities are VERY limited. AND the writing is awful. They jump the shark every week now. (example - Ashton rolling around in the grass with his 'brother' who is an ape).

SUCKY.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He probably does a lot more than that and the ladies seem to like it. Regardless of whether or not Ashton Kutcher sucks in the program Charlie Sheen is his old adolescent, and neanderthal self for remarking on it. I thought he was doing better and maturing but it appears he has not made any progress into manhood at all. He was always the "half a man" in that program as far as I am concerned and I think that was how they were writing the show - to show what an unreasonable hormone charge kid he really was.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Charlie Sheen ..... was always the "half a man" in that program as far as I am concerned

The fact that Charlie is making a public announcement about it, is proof that he cares, and is bothered by it. He thought that he was THE SHOW, and that it would immediately die off without him, but it hasn't. A nice slap in the face from 'Reality'.

I still like many of his older movies, and nothing will change that, but the guy is an idiot. He can't even 'WIN!", when he is playing with himself. Nobody is playing these games with him lol. He just plays them by himself, in his own lil world, and still comes out losing.

I;m actually surprised to hear that he has been watching the show.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well he did just have a cease and desist order put on him for using a photograph of his character in pitching his new series.

I mean, if they're going to be that petty and get legal on him for basically showcasing his own persona, I don't blame him one bit for getting uppity at them.

And he's dead right too, I tried to dig the new show, but it's just irksome... and seeing Jon Cryer on Craig Fergusson the other night left me with the feeling there is very much animosity between sheen and that show.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I read on TMZ that he was watching the show for about half the season and then gave up on it.
He said the opening show with his funeral was great.
But then as time went on ... the show got sucky.

I thought it was sucky from the first day Kutcher took over.
He's just Kelso ... his acting abilities are zero outside of that kelso-box.

Charlie Sheen is a mess ... but he got his statement right. Kutcher sucks on the show.

They should just kill the show. It's done.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sheen is right, the WRITING IS BAD!!

Two and a Half Men needed to create a character that was as quick witted as Charlie, not some slow thinking degenerate with no humor.

Come to think of it, I thought the last season that Charlie was on the show sucked too. The writing wasn't the same then either.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Well he did just have a cease and desist order put on him for using a photograph of his character in pitching his new series.

I mean, if they're going to be that petty and get legal on him for basically showcasing his own persona, I don't blame him one bit for getting uppity at them.

And he's dead right too, I tried to dig the new show, but it's just irksome... and seeing Jon Cryer on Craig Fergusson the other night left me with the feeling there is very much animosity between sheen and that show.

The new show is awful and I am sure this is satisfying to Sheen but sort of beside the point.
Charlie Sheen is good at playing himself and Ashton Kutcher was a horrible choice to begin with.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Sheen has been playing the same guy since he took over from MJFox on spin city.

He's just swooped into roles made for him, and taahm can not .. chuck lorre, cannot figure it out, it's over minus the main actor.

ashton is like using pee wee herman in the role of rambo.

lol

lol?

edit on 18-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Sarasota County Sheriff's Department?

YOU JUST SAID THE SECRET WORD!!!

But yeah, I always thought the show sucked but it's even less funny with Ashton (only watched initially to see what the hype was about and then whent hey hyped up Ashton being in it)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
WORST NEW 2 1/2 MEN SHOW EVER ...

I vote that it was the one where Walden found out that his brother was an ape.
So he goes and finds his brother.
And we all have to watch kelso roll in the grass with his ape brother.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well .. when you are right, you are right. The show sucks now. Kutcher is just being Kelso but on a different set. His acting abilities are VERY limited. AND the writing is awful. They jump the shark every week now. (example - Ashton rolling around in the grass with his 'brother' who is an ape).

That's all exactly correct. I've seen two episodes of the show with Kutcher at the helm, and that's two shows too many... At least they were bright enough to lose the Jesus Kelso look.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Charlies right and i cant believe this crap is on the air. It lacks the origional characters & adding these new characters I could care less about. I quit watching a while back but to each their own.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I think the show sucked long before Sheen left.

I haven't watched the show since. Only watched it maybe three times whilst talking on the phone, filing my nails, using my laptop...etc.

typical US BS stereotypical comedy...that isn't funny. Best show I have watched lately is Onion. lmao when I watched that...I stopped filing my nails for that show.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

ONly reason i got into the Charlie episodes as I was in a hospital with a tracheostomey & kidney failure for 5 months and at times it was all that was on especially at this one hospital where there was only 20 channels to watch & most of it was crap. I liked it but Charlie did do it to himself & no doubts deserved to get fired but they should of just ended the show right after. Again to those that stilllike it to each his or her own.

top topics

join