It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public executions: admit you would pay to see them.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Proof?

MMA. If you had said 20 years ago that you would pay to watch men and women [mostly blue collar] beat each other into a pulp and break limbs, you would have laughed me off this site.

You clearly don't understand MMA, and if you watch it for what you describe above then there is something wrong with you. MMA consists of elite athletes with prime physical conditioning using all of the different fighting and martial arts skills known to man to defeat (NOT kill) their opponents. It can be pure poetry sometimes in the ways positions are exchanged back and forth. On the rare occasions that a limb is broken you certainly don't see people cheering, typically it gets very quiet as the injured fighter is tended to.

EDIT to add: to answer your original question, no, I most assuredly would not pay to see an execution. I would not even watch it for free, nor would I go if you paid me. I would be quite happy if executions were outlawed completely. And to clarify, I am a big fan of MMA.
edit on 17-2-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
U mad bro? Problem?

You can see all the death you want for free, online.

You can pay me if you want, tho.

Weird...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
I was shocked to read that Charles Dickens attended them. I would have thought him above that. can it be more than 20 years off?

You mean the guy who wrote "A Tale of Two Cities" and "Oliver Twist" and you think he was above that? Hello? Remember Madame Defarge?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
after a quick run through of my thoughts, I came to a conclusion that no I would not.
there is no gratification in observing the death of another person for any purpose.
killing serves a purpose, but the act of observing it does not.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'd imagine watching a lethal injection would be pretty boring.

Televising electrocution would end that practice likely in weeks.

I've seen a beheading, when in the Middle East. I was far back, so couldn't see much, but they did have screens that showed it closer. Didn't really do much for me...and I realized I've seen so much on TV and movies that I'm a lot more desensitized to it than I'd like to admit.

I've seen people die, so I guess it loses it's sting after a bit.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I've seen a beheading, when in the Middle East. I was far back, so couldn't see much, but they did have screens that showed it closer.

I'm not judging you in any way but I am curious as to what made you want to watch such a spectacle?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Your kind of a sick individual aren't you? First every crime should be punished with death now this? Sir i seriously think you should consider perhaps going to a doctor, or maybe work out the issues you have with people, i know people are unreasonable, but To kill everything that seems bad would throw us of balance, i mean how boring would life be if you killed everything that was normal?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's funny you mention this. My mom came down to visit this week, and we like to talk about conspiracy theories. We discussed reality television, and it got me thinking about this very topic.

I remember seeing a commercial for a show called "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here", in which celebrities were on an island and the audience decided what trials or dangers they might face (the example in the commercial showed "America" deciding to release a swarm of bees on someone). When I saw that, I thought to myself, "this is it. This is the first step towards the movie "Running Man".

The "Saw" franchise was also pretty big at the time, and I could easily picture a not-too-distant future where criminals were tortured and killed in entertaining ways for ratings.

And for the record, no. I would not watch a public execution. ANYONE'S execution.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
No i would not pay to see an execution it would make me physically sick and probley be burned into my memory for life..no thank you..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Well I could watch many videos on line of people being killed and I chose not to, so why would I pay to see an execution?

CX

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Seen enough death in real life to last me a lifetime.

It's not like in the movies, no glam, and it's quite concerning how desensitized you can become when you see enough of it.

So no i wouldn't pay to see any more deaths. Do i think there are people that should be executed? Yes. However it's enough for me to sit here in my house and just know that they've been executed.

CX.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join