It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the trail of powerful explosions reported in Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

February 15, 2012 – RUSSIA - As reported the Geophysical Service of Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences- two unusually powerful explosions occurred in the last few days in the south of Western Siberia, a few dozen kilometers of the town of Belovo, Kemerovo Region, Russia.

Interesting little bit of info here for you all to muddle over.. I did do a search for this before posting hopefully this has not been shown as of yet.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

full article here.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Natame

Here was a comment made by someone inside the article:

It looks like there is a big mining explosives manufacturing complex not far from Belovo. Unfortunately, there might have been an accident at the plant. I hope nobody was hurt.

www.nitros.ru...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wow thats a weird thing indeed.

"the testing of new models of tectonic weapons" - this particulary is spoken like its a proper thing, scarey...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

But they also say that no mining company holds enough explosives to account for the force of the explosions...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

meh... my brother works at an above ground coal mine and they have plenty of explosives even seen a 3.0 earthquake register when they have blasted ...
so it could be, but im not an expert just seems resonable

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

Thanks for the info.
Being able to set off a 3.0 must be a bad place to be when it blasts! Yikes!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

they actually do a demonstration on family day so its pretty awsome to watch
But could also be a collapse or rockburst if it happened at night but being a mining community it shouldnt be a mistery if it was
so maybe it is something else dont know

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

As the saying on ATS goes: "Nothing to see here, folks, move along to the next Whitney story, simply the russkies testing their new version a "bunker buster."

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Already posted with the same info previously......
The trouble with russia is that they could be doing anything military and the locals wouldnt have a clue.
The space race with america was full of all kinds of accidents even deaths we never heard about till lately.....
There are several new explosive types recentlt invented,( one by a ten yr old girl even.)
Perhaps the plant was testing new substances???

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
After doing a little research, it looks like the Kemerovo Region of Russia has a history of problems with Methane Gas explosions in their deep coal mines. The fact that the O.P.'s article mentioned an explosion on February 9th and another weaker one on February 12th, makes this article sound like a repeat.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Kemerovo in Siberia: Russia's miners and the high price of coal" (June 30, 2010)

The most recent disaster, which occurred at the Raspadskaya mine on May 8 and claimed the lives of 90 miners, focused public attention on the safety of Russia's mines and, specifically, on the Kemerovo region. Located in Kuzbass, one of the world's largest coal basins, at the time of the twin explosions Raspadskaya provided 10pc of the country's coking coal, but it is now closed indefinitely. Acccording to reports, i n the months before it exploded, the Raspadskaya mine had become a flammable hole, swirling with methane gas.

In the case of Raspadskaya, dense methane gas seems to have been the main culprit, even leading to smaller, echoing explosions in the days following the catastrophe. Russian mines also tend to ignore methane sensors, however. In the US, the limit is 20 cubic metres of methane per ton of coal; when that limit is reached, the coal bed is abandoned.

An executive at Belon, Russia's second biggest coal miner, said the company made safety a top priority after an accident at Belovo in 2004, when a methane explosion killed 13 miners. "Due to the exhaustion of old mines, we now have to dig deeper and deeper in search of coal, and it's getting more and more dangerous," said the executive. In the Kemorovo region, Belon last year pledged to spend 256m roubles (£5.5m) on safety.

Here's another methane gas explosion from 2007 in the Ulyanovskaya Mine in the same region:

The Ulyanovskaya Mine disaster was caused by a methane explosion that occurred on March 19, 2007 in the Ulyanovskaya longwall coal mine in the Kemerovo Oblast. At least 108[1] people were reported to have been killed by the blast, which occurred at a depth of about 270 meters (885 feet) at 10:19 local time (3:19 GMT). The mine disaster was Russia's deadliest in more than a decade.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, I'll be curious to hear what the final explanation is on the current explosions.

new topics

top topics

join