It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think we have any chance of fighting this system?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
what we do to others, we do to ourselves.

Its easier for us to become TPTB instead...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
All we can hope for is one amongst the midst of these men becomes so hungry he eats them all, wether a metaphor or not my notion still stands

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
the only way to truly beat TPTB would be a course of TOTAL non action. This would mean that people would have to simultaneously quit their jobs live off the land and not buy ANY consumer products. You would have to cut off their income and force them to make a change. Anything short of that i believe would fail. Except possibly the end of the world... possibly.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You can fight back on the one playing field on which they do NOT have an advantage, that of ideas. No amount of power or wealth will ever make a true idea false or a false idea true, they can cover it up, they can withhold information, they can even make people forget, but that will NOT change the fact that there is an objective reality out there which NOT even they can change.

Fighting back through violence rarely works and they can completely overwhelm any person or group with force. A true idea or system of thought CANNOT be overwhelmed if it is based on observable, repeatable, testable evidence, clear logic, internal consistency, and accurate information. So the best way to resist is to learn, practice, and use critical thinking and to learn about the best sources of information. You should spread these ideas, online, in person, on the radio etc. Also, you should learn as much as you can about how those who intend to control us, from accurate sources. Learn about how their history, their actions, their philosophies, and how they intend to control - from accurate, well-reasoned sources.

Here are videos that are required viewing:

The War You Don't See

The War You Don't See Documentary is very difficult to find on any English-speaking website, it was shown on TV only a handful of times. Real Explosive Stuff.

The following documentaries are by Adam Curtis from his series, Century of the Self:

Century of the Self, Background Information

Century of the Self - All Documentaries

Other informative documentaries:

Manufacturing Consent

Orwell Rolls in His Grave

The Israel Lobby

Glenn Greenwald: With Liberty and Justice for Some

The Following are a series of Documentaries by Adam Curtis, the first videos are from his series, The Trap:

The Trap Background Information

The Trap: What Happened to Our Dreams of Freedom Part 1

The Trap: What Happened to Our Dreams of Freedom Part 2

The Trap: What Happened To Our Dreams of Freedom Part 3

Watch and analyze the documentaries, look at the reasoning process and at the way arguments are structured.
edit on 17-2-2012 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
the only way to truly beat TPTB would be a course of TOTAL non action. This would mean that people would have to simultaneously quit their jobs live off the land and not buy ANY consumer products. You would have to cut off their income and force them to make a change. Anything short of that i believe would fail. Except possibly the end of the world... possibly.

This is the page I'm on when it somes to this. Everybody knows that money drives them. Stop giving them money, the car stops and the system changes. Just like that. It starts small with things like farmer co-ops. people sharing and bartering for food. You don't NEED the internet to survive. You need food and you need like-minded people to help with the cause. And from there it just keeps building to where the common man is self-suffient without TPTB.

If you have any more questions on how this all works, ask an Amish man. They've been living away from TPTB forever and you may be surprised at how much money some of these people have and the high quality of life they enjoy. Some of the furniture they have for example is of higher quality than anything you'll find on Park Ave. or Rodeo Dr. People think "Oh, they don't have electricity, they must live like barbarians." Some of the best memories I have from childhood is the warmth, comfort and natural beauty of my aunt and uncles house in an Amish community bask east. How warm the house was, the smell of the oil lamps, the wood stove and the taste of home made molasses ice cream. I never, ever felt any stress in that home.

You'ld be surprised at how well some of these people live.

Alot of these other posters are right. It's time to take our lives back from the greed and curruption that make the rules for the rest of us. The only hard thing about it would be the initial lifestyle change. After that, you might be surprised how a stress free life can give you a better quality of life.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
While, hope can conquer anything. While, human resiliency is the most powerful force the world has ever known. While, freedom, righteousness, love, and universal prosperity is just gosh darn beautiful. God/Nature/The universe only rewards the trill and the will of those who have the power to wield it. The powers that be are the powers that be, because they are intelligent to almost being omnipotent, powerful enough to own your life, and ruthless enough to end everything with a few button presses. So while, anything is possible. The chance is small, and the possibility rests on seizing enough money, power, knowledge, infrastructure, and et cetera to actually stand on the same field as "tptb". Even then great sacrifice will be required. Sacrifice of self, sacrifice of loved ones, and sacrifice of most everything we hold dear will not only be necessary but inevitable. Even after the powers that be are dealt with, we would still need to insure that we will be better off and it won't get to this point again. That I believe will be the hardest part. Although we strive for good and beauty, human nature's most powerful traits are greed and complacency. Any political structure can be corrupted by these. But, anything is possible. God speed.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Nope, were toast.

Within the system, we can not beat the system.

Outside the system, it may be possible. But for that one must invent ones own new system.

A deserted island would be great for me.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by foood4thought

I guess you could join OWS?

Go Ron Go!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Easy, get something to protect, like a spouse or a dog, maybe even a piece of land or a plant or something abstract like an ideal and protect it. Protect it with your life and remember if you fail it dies.

Also, if you're so bent on fighting something something so irrational like "the system" why not fight against reality. Convince yourself that "the system" is this reality, a state of mind you didn't choose and was basically forced upon you at birth and is continually forced upon you every day by the powers that be (Aliens, government, God, your mom, the pope, etc.) and fight it. Fight the whole concept of reality, it's a crappy idea anyway and it's not working. Seriously, reality is a joke and the aliens/God/the government/your mom are laughing themselves/itself/herself silly at you and everyone else for taking reality so seriously. I hear God/Aliens/the government (not my mom because she's kind and bakes me cookies when ever I visit) laugh every day when I get too involved in reality, so I say, "Screw you powers that be, I'm going to find out where you live and punch you right in the face because it's seriously not THAT funny so give me a break already" and then they just find another elaborate way to trick me into playing their silly game.

Actually, I think deep down inside we like to play their game cause in the end we realize that the powers that be is like your hyperactive, readheaded, cousin, always playing pranks on you just to see you get mad, but he/she also likes it when you play pranks on him/her because it shows you care

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
In one word:

Nope!

This would require people to stop being cows and i don't see that ever happening.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

We were trained to be a people who work and pay taxes, ask no questions, just work and pay taxes. The elite are trained to manage people who are trained to work and pay taxes, ask no questions, just work and pay taxes. The total rebellion is basically Occupy, message boards like ATS, and that's about it. Resistance would be futile.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

10 years go I would not believe you about the mind reading emails, but it happened to me. Once.
I m interested in your youtubes. If you do not want to post the link PM me.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I saw a BBC article saying that within 100 years, we're going to have thought-reading devices hooked up to our brains, and life extension technology, which will allow us to live forever.... But, what makes you think you're going to get this? You're not going to be able to afford the best technology, in the same way that Google has over 1 million servers, and you can only afford a laptop.

As I understand, IBM recently announced that mind reading appliances will be available in 3 years. How do you think that will effect cosmic conscience, or even the Internet?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have pondered these type of questions as well. I am positive that if I and others banned together to "beat" the system, the people, not TPTB, just regular people, would stop us, mock us, make out lives difficult, try to make it republican or democratic, make a conspiracy against us, create a whole different view of what we were doing and why...it will never end. It it isn't TPTB then it is all of us conspiratist with our suspicious, analytical minds trying to over decipher every issue and creating anything that is good and worthwhile into ugly and chaotic. That is what I see when I envision how to go about banning together. Look at occupy. Look how many people did not try to understand, had to say something negative, agreed with police brutality and so on and so forth. We are a more corrupt people within our own selves than we admit.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MoEskiMo

Yeah, it definitely feel like we humans have a herding instinct. Also, IMO, those who desire authority are the ones who most respect authority. The truth is not an issue, just a vain delight in being able to control others, or to win at any cost, What better way to have authority, than to imulate the status quo?

I believe that it is not futile though. There is power in truth and confronting abusive authority.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Define "we"

I have a chance, I don't know about the rest of the ewe

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I want the guy who suggested suicide as the way to buck the system to do it. That would take true balls. He would present/offer a solution (suicide) and he should be the first to follow through with it. LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
To the guy who asked me for some evidence of thought-reading events....

Here are some of the things that have happened to me... out of 100s of events...

I was thinking about Dennis Kucinich in a shopping centre, got home, switched on the TV, and within 10 seconds, Kucinich was on Sky News.

I made a video comparing Alex Jones to a fake pop culture icon like Britney Spears. Days later, she announced her engagement.

I got a YouTube comment repeating "merry Christmas ghost", and the next day in the car, someone said "the sky is grey like a ghost".

I was writing about microwave weapons used to cause ear aches. Right after, we opened X-Mas crackers, and mine had a purple ear on keychain.

Thought about the video about how many angles a triangle has... The next morning, I got a leaflet advertising Pizza Hut cheese triangles.

I had a dream about snorting coc aine I got for X-Mas. The next day, Richard Branson called for legalising all drugs is.gd...

Was reading about Project Artichoke on Wikipedia. Shortly after I had finished reading, it was dinner time, and we had artichoke for starters. I had never eaten artichoke before in my life, nor had I read about Project Artichoke previously.

Was ranting about a fictional story regarding a character "Randy", who gets drunk at bars and watches football, as a life. Shortly after, got a response on Twitter from a musician, Randy Bradbury.

Walked into WH Smith, thinking of James Bond. Then, the first magazine I opened had a watch ad with Daniel Craig on the first page (other side of the front cover), as in, the actor who plays James Bond in the most recent movies... The magazine had nothing to do with James Bond, or movies, and the front cover wasn't see-through, and, I thought of James Bond prior to even entering the shop.

I had a dream about a bare-legged woman wearing no pants, and then woke up to find someone had sent me this video, "No Pants Subway Ride 2012"... www.youtube.com...

I was writing on paper about reptilians and the number 45, and I got a subscription on YouTube from draconian45 the next day..... As in, I wasn't even writing on the computer, which could have a secret keylogger installed. This was on paper.

I was looking at "Houston, we have a problem" (regarding Apollo 13) a few days ago, and now Whitney Houston is dead.....

The night before the Joe Stack incident, flying his plane into an IRS building in Austin, Texas, I was thinking about Austin, and couldn't sleep.

The night of Steve Jobs' death, I couldn't sleep. So, I got out of bed, went on the Internet, and found out he had died.

On January 9 2012, I was writing loads of stuff on paper about the number 17. The next day, as soon as I signed onto my email, I got an email within seconds, saying to check out Alex Jones' YouTube channel. I clicked through to it, and he had a video about a 17-year old body supposedly found on one of the Queen's pieces of land.

In 2011, I logged onto my XBOX Live account for the first time in years. That very day, the account had expired.

I was writing on paper about pistachio nuts. Shortly after (I don't know exactly when I was writing this on paper), I got a YouTube subscription from tomboccaccio (has the word "pistachio" in it)

I was writing on paper about garden boots. Shortly after, I got a YouTube comment, "kevin booth hehehe that's bill hick's mate ain't it?! watagwaan boothy boy?" .... as in, "boothy" sounds like "booty" / "boots"

I was writing on paper about gay marriage. Shortly after, I got a YouTube comment, "Alex is obama's boyfriend"

In 2011, I was typing on my local computer about various stuff involving the word "triple". The next day, I was followed on Twitter by the user, TheYTripleCorp (a death metal band, Y Triple Corporation)

Was writing on paper about the idea of feeding data directly to the brain, so that you wouldn't need to read books. Shortly after, I got a YouTube subscription from a user with information about advanced technology, and under books, it said something like, don't need them.... I can't remember the channel name right now.

I got a comment, on an article on my old website, saying that I was mousey and should crawl back in my mousey hole, as I was listening to the Bizarre song, "One Chance", with the lyric, "18 years old, mom threw me out the house / Responsibility, am I a man or a mouse"... As I got to that point of the song, I read the mousey comment.

March 2011, I was suddenly thinking loads about Jesus, and then went onto Google News, to find the article, "'American Idol' recap: Jesus Balks!" ... www.ew.com...

June 2010, I was reading on Wikipedia, in the morning, about Fred Flinstone. Later in the day I turned on the TV for the first time that day, and as soon as I tuned in, there was a scene in "Family Guy", with Fred Flinstone in it.

May 2010, I was thinking about dead celebrities. The next day, Gary Coleman and Dennis Hopper died

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

These people (elite's) are flesh and blood just like all of us that oppose there agenda. Could we beat them? YES, will we beat them ? NO, why? because they are organized and in control and will agree with each other to achieve a means to there end. For now they have a handle on what it takes to be a minorty and control the majorty,

We as a people will get what we deserve for standing by and not being able to agree on how we should servive this event, all we can hope for is that enough good people survive and learn and evolve into a spicies that can stop killing each other for personal gain.

Look at it like the guy on Armageddon, we have a front row seat to the distruction of the world only in this event some will actually survive.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Have you considered that you may be pre-cognitive? Or, that as you say it is a matrix, maybe you are creating these events, within your own script. I have coincidences like these al the time. They almost feel like rips in the fabric.

I literally was mocking a website, that basically said, "If you want to join us, just think it in your head;and we will be in contact" I mocked the site publically, at a party. I said, "ha ha, if you can read my mind- i will join your little club" The next day, I received an email that resolved to an international organization--that specifically related to what I was up to at that time, but less than 5 people knew about. The email had a pic of the sphinx, and asked me how I was doing by name.

When I showed the email to to the people who heard me mock the site- they freaked almost as bad as me.

No, I did not join the club. Too far off the chain for me--I don't want to beleive it happened but it did.

I do not want to divulge any more on this, so you guys can take it with a grain of salt if you wish. The only way I could offer proof, would be the witnesses; and, I do not want to drag them in on this.
edit on 18-2-2012 by ogbert because: Spelling - durn auto-correct on iPad !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join