It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Know something?Why so many disaster simulation drills!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oh brother...

As far as the drills, the past couple of years, between the inordinate # of tornadoes hitting cities and earthquakes unluckily hitting more populated areas, it's not surprising they are trying to be more prepared. It's clear from the lack of prepardness in many of these emergencies, that a lot of agencies are not really ready for these sorts of emergencies. So they are doing more drills.

If you want to fear-monger about why we've had so many tornadoes, feel free. The earthquakes are not abnormal - they just had the misfortune last year, of more often hitting populated areas. The # of earthquakes was pretty standard to be honest.

But it's no surprise why they are doing more drills - it's been proven people are not ready for emergencies, so yea.. these drills are sort of necessary. There is always someone who assumes the worse however. DS is quickly becoming a top-rate fearmonger on this site though. Cry wolf too many times mate, and people will not take you seriously on anything.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Cry wolf too many times mate, and people will not take you seriously on anything.

Amigo, that ship sailed a looooooooooooong time ago.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

But it's no surprise why they are doing more drills - it's been proven people are not ready for emergencies, so yea.
Yes sure...surprise,surprise....what they know and we don't know!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

In Dreams

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

No kidding! Every thread this guy writes is about doom and gloom. Either his goal is to be the best fear monger on ATS or he's just plain paranoid. Either way, I can't take reading this depressing stuff anymore. If something big happens or the world ends, I'm going to enjoy my life until it does, and not try to create fear and panic among people.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by DJW001

The least they can do is pretend there's an emergency now and then
I agree with this,and what if this time they are not pretending,what if there will be a time when not pretending,how will we know?

Have you forgotten Katrina?

That is what happens when the emergency services that we fund are not prepared......

There have been hundreds of drills on hundreds of scenarios...........

That is what we pay them for.............

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I have before me a list of training sessions all over and by different agencies over the next 16 months. (Wow..imagine that..at least nothings gonna blow for THAT period!)

Train disaster training...animal handling...fire preventing...cribbing (putting up blocks to shore up walls and things for rescue)...bloodbornepathogens...chemical disasters...METH labs (clandestine)...first aid...traffic safety...auto theft deterent vin etching in windows for theft protection...parade duty...incident command...records keeping...
etc, etc, etc, etc,

So doing all these sessions...including the top secret-nefarious intended.."bag-packing"...how do you think all this is implying a grand plan for TPTB knowing somethings up?

We've been training since before 9-11, and stepped it up then...and continue to this day..with repeated topics, new topics....oh...and VOLUNTEER events like SCOUT JAMBOREES where we volunteer our "talents" in bandaging kids knees.

And did you know that on Feb 7th, we had a HUGE nationwide training for mass casualties I.C.E (in case of emergencies)...followed by the much needed training for...HALLOWEEN's ANGEL's Night Patroling?

So...everytime I see a ridiculously uninformed unfounded and speculative implication that TPTB know's that "somethings up"...you make us all want to quit.

We train, train, train and double-time it..not because we "know" something..not at all.

Its because we "expect-ANY and EVERY-thing at any time or place and in and under any conditions".

Why not volunteer yourself and see? Maybe you'd get it and stop the fear mongering. People are already afraid of the future. These type of threads dont help.

And it builds animosity when we think of having to save you in a disaster. And I-we-they really dont want to feel like that.

If your American..join the Citizens Corp and get the real answer...and post that.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

TPTB
First.There is no such thing existing.

Just a lawfully group of individuals who have stolen to much and now they are confused with no way out.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

We train, train, train and double-time it..not because we "know" something..not at all.
Sure,just watch for what's to come,we not even dream...about.

edit on 18-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: ,

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

These type of threads dont help.
Speeding the truth always help.But everything on it's time.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
They said Y2k would destroy our electronics, ect...

Everyone prepared...

Nothing happened, guess what? That started having cell towers have generators, and that crap... We are prepared now aren't we for a black out...

They are just preparing possible 2012 scare.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This thread is giving me a headache lol I THINK the op is saying we are having more disaster drills because he/she believes the powers that be know a disaster is going to strike but they don't want the public to know. Is this right?

Okay, first of all, I'm sure they all know a disaster is going to strike....eventually. Do they know there will be an earthquake on x date? No.

Secondly, when I was in school there was a bunch of school shootings going on, such as Columbine. One year, our school began having drills in case someone with a gun was in the building. We had never had them before. Does this sudden act of new drills mean the school KNEW a shooting was going to take place in our school on X date? Of course not. but they knew it was a possibility in the future and wanted the school to be prepared. I'm not seeing a difference between this and any other new drilling taking place.

Lastly, I want to address drilling taking place for the New Madrid earthquake. In the past, we really didn't have too much drilling for this possible earthquake. It is now an annual event. It is NOT because they know the earthquake will happen next Tuesday. It is because it has been a long time since the last one happened and they feel we are probably due for one sometime in the future. It COULD happen next Tuesday, or it COULD happen 20 years from now. No different than the big quake in Cali. There is nothing sinister here, and it is no mystery.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

But not for the real one that will come.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Hi, my username is truthandrevolution19
For a long time I have had alot on my plate in this head of mine worrying about exactly what your saying. Truth is its just a trick and a trap to get your head worried about whats to come. These earthquakes and solar flares and natural disaster drills we keep hearing about have all been thought of for a very long time. Nobody truly knows exactly what or when or how this will all go down but I will promise you this...this whole thing is alot bigger than anyone can even imagine. I can't say I can prove it right off the bat right now, but it's only because i'm new and this is my third post I've done so far. I will have my type of proof soon and I will post in a thread. When I post it, make sure to read and see what you can get out of it. I've used to special "truth method" if you want to call it that to get through to people before. I will try to use this method in my thread. The thread will most likely be called, "the point of no return" mainly because if you listen and see what I say, you will enter something called "the point of no return" and if I got this right, you want answers to what's going on. That's what I joined this site for, not to ask questions but to provide answers. As for "the point of no return", its a phrase I like to used inspired by a musician I listen to and it means, "You will understand the truth to the point where theres no going back." I will have some big answers for anyone who needs them...I'm only 17 posts away from my personal thread now!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I wish there was a T&C amnesty day so I can really let loose on what I think of the OP.

If you're so convinced they know, then let your actions match your "theories" and quit your job, uproot your family, and move to the Himalayas to wait out your doom.

Otherwise, you're merely trolling every single thread you hatch out of your exceedingly unique cabeza.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Many wish many things,but it is impossible ,ever,and yes they are sure hiding something, from all the info I've seen until now that is 100 percent true.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, my first answer is yes--to pretty much all of the above.

My second answer is that it just sounds like another multi-agency emergency response exercise that roles across all the regions of the country. I was part of one in Montana a couple years ago that involved various agencies from five different states.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Why do people say fear mongering? Do people actually get scared reading these kinds of threads?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by liejunkie01

But not for the real one that will come.

Well, if you are "in the know" please enlighten us. What are they training for and what is the real disaster to come?

Is it Nibiru? Perhaps an alien invasion? If you know exactly what is about to happen and you don't warn people then you are no better than those pesky PTB.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Katrina changed everything. There is nothing more fearful to a Government Agency than blame and nothing more welcome than money to spend. This is all about access to tax dollars, career maximization and Government Contracts in action. Whether it is FEMA, or Homaland Security, the FBI or DOD. The issue is Career and Contract. There are no Aleins, EMP, Pole Shifts, Killer Zombies, there are 45 year old men with Mortages and kids in college and preperations to over prepare for just in case.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join