It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

girl dies of never-before-seen disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

It is a brain disease that has no medical name. It's never been seen before in anyone but Jana, according to some of the nation's top neurologists who treated her. But the disease's symptoms so closely resemble those of juvenileParkinson's disease that her family has been calling it that for 11 years.

Article

The girl's name was Jana Seagraves. I was just told about it; apparently she was the daughter of a family friend. Anyone have any thoughts on this disease? Apparently it's never been seen before.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Well, I think the diseas or condition should be named after her.
Only fitting if she is the pioneer, just a small consolation.
But it may give this child who drew the short straw immortality.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Please send along my condolences to the family and friends. It is never easy to lose a child, even one who has been so ill. There is a database of rare diseases here

edit on 17-2-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
maybe it has to do with this and T.P.T.B. want this :

www.google.com... Bw&ved=0CKUBEKsE&biw=887&bih=462

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Jana Seagreaves' heart refused to stop.

After intensive shots of morphine... They even say they felt as if SHE DIDN'T WANT TO DIE!!!

Eugenics, anyone?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sounds like murder to me. They killed her and marveled at how long it took.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am really really surprised they didn't do an autopsy. Especially if this has never been documented before.
How can they know how to treat it if and/or when it is seen again if they can not be sure what it even is.

I'm assuming high doses of dopamine were not helping. So it sounds almost like a dopamine receptor issue instead of lack of dopamine like with Parkinson. Sorry....I don't mean to sound bland about this....it must be the Dr. House coming out in me.

I would assume they tested her for neurosyphilis which may have been there from birth even?

As for the high doses of morphine..extremely high doses of it not "helping" or not for lack of a better phrase killing her...it's sort of an oversimplification, but it is nearly impossible to overdose on a narcotic analgesic while still in pain. Since they bind with the pain receptors...if there are still that many pain receptors left to bind with...there really isn't such a thing as too much. Although....

since pain itself is a neurological phenomenon...maybe the pain/morphines inability to work like it should was related to the dopamine not working like it should.

Sorry...but if this had been seen in an elderly patient...it may well have been diagnosed...or misdiagnosed as simply Parkinson. Maybe we have seen it before....and didn't know it..just in older patients.

new topics

top topics

join