It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German President Christian Wulff resigns.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Our President Christian Wulff resigned today, a day after prosecutors asked parliament to lift his immunity to clear the way for a full investigation into his personal financial dealings.

Too bad! because actually i liked him and German presidents only have reprentative functions here in society.
And the issue they are after him isn't that big in IMHO so what!?

So now its the second president in a row that steps back. The last one was Horst Köhler he resigned 05.2010 after being criticized for remarks in which he appeared to link military deployments abroad with the country's economic interests.

Link

edit on 17/2/12 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Too bad it's not Merkel resigning...

That witch needs to go away along with any other politicians destroying Germany's future by pledging everything to save the un-saveable Euro.

And this guy resigns ``just for that`` while Obama and his gang stay in office while they gave thousands of weapons to drugs cartels and got caught?

What a world.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Too bad we could not get more of these crooks to resign, or just get a prosecution.
Heads of state who are found guilty of crimes should swing for their crimes no matter how great or small.
They should be setting an example not practicing self enrichement via illegal means.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Be thankful that you live in a country where the politicians have a sense of honor. In the USA, a politician would cling to office until they locked him in jail.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

President Wulff caused enough damage to the reputation of his high office and our country.

I think it was about time he resigned, although I liked him as a person too.
But we can't have our representatives being involved in dubious financial relations, it would cast a bad light on Germany.

Good on Wulff to step aside now.

edit on 17-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

thats BS - only psyop...damage was created by the media - his behaviour is nothing special...you can make the same story about 99% of all german politicans...

some history about the "presidents" of germany:

theodor heuss - voted in favour for the "ermächtigungsgesetz" and so helped the nazis into parliament

heinrich lübke - build forced-labour camps and said "welcome dear neger"

walter scheel - "hoch auf dem gelbem wagen"...seriously?!?

karl carstens - member of the nazi party nsdap

johannes rau - free flights by the "west lb" bank...

horst köhler - ...wussy

(source: NDR - x3 =)

so....they are all just puppets and in political science the president is just a tool...no power (in theory a lot of power but no president ever used them...guess why)

edit on 17-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Yeah, so what? What's your point? Leave Wulff in office because of his predecessors?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

no you said - damage to the office by him....and tahts not really true...the damage was created by the media, not directly by his behaviour....because you can make such a damaging story for every president...or politician....

and by the political standpoint i would be in favour to leave him in office...but i guess you're not aware what kicked him...maybe start looking for his edgy speeches and you will notice he was absolutly not in line with merkel...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Except when there is no behaviour to criticize, as it should be.

Sure, everyone is human and has weaknesses... but the President (especially because his office is representative) has to lead by example.
It doesn't matter how the reputation of the office was damaged before, this is NOW, not the past.

However, the damage is done, so the only option for Wulff was to resign.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

As I understand it, the political parties elect the president. So what party is going to have their guy in now?

And it's funny, the people elect the PM, but not the president. (And I thought American politics were messed up!)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Here here

Right you are about that! All those traiterous politicians should be run out of office.

Unfortunatly we are all to lazy to achieve this.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen

...but i guess you're not aware what kicked him...maybe start looking for his edgy speeches and you will notice he was absolutly not in line with merkel...

Would you mind to elaborate on this? After all it was Hannover's prosecuting attorneys who investigated and finally "kicked" Wulff. Merkel has spoken on behalf of Wulff until the bitter end as far as I know.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

i dont want to hear anything about the source - facts matter: dont shoot the messanger!

and here the full article:
info.kopp-verlag.de... l

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yeah well, it's Kopp Verlag so what do you expect
but no worries, I would not vouch for our conventional MSM either.
Anyhow, thanks for the link man
interesting to say the least.
Wulff apparently refused to sign the ESM? This deserves a closer look.

ETA: What can I say... really interesting. Especially his stance on the financial crisis.
But I still stand to my statement above... Wulff should have kept his hands clean.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

true - he did wrong things (compared to others "minor crimes")...but to kick him for that - well now you know there is an other story in the background

top topics

join