It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Ohio noob

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hi all--this is a first for me. I've joined various Yahoo! groups, but never a public forum thing like this. I just read all the Pentagon crash stuff, which was very interesting, from a variety of standpoints. How people who investigate parapolitical topics conduct their investigations, how they interact with others who hold differing views, and how it all gets wrapped up in emotion... it seems like a unique subculture to me. I feel I have much in common with this subculture, yet I'm a complete outsider. I've only discussed these issues with one friend, since nobody else I know seems particularly interested, so it will be great to see some actual debate, with people making intelligent points. I expect I'll learn more than I'll contribute, but I'll try to bring my own perspective to the discussion if it seems warranted.

BTW, as far as the Pentagon thing goes, I found CatHerder's assemblage of facts to be quite convincing. At the same time, I have little niggling doubts in the back of my mind. In the end, I have to keep wondering:

If you subject *any* event to intense scrutiny, won't you start finding loose threads to tug at, gaps in the fabric of reality?

Say, for instance, a bank robbery in your hometown. If everyone started to pick the evidence apart, examine the security camera footage, read newspaper accounts, drew diagrams, put forth opinions from other sources, would things start to look suspicious? Does extreme attention to a subject change the reality of that subject?

Personally, I find this essential inability to verify objectively the existence of the phenomenological world most unsettling. Parapolitical discussion heightens this uneasiness. Yet I like that feeling, somehow!

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for where an odd newbie like me could get started on this forum?

Thanks... and if there are any experienced people out there who'd like to "adopt" me... well...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hi kk897
welcome to ats if you need any help
feel free to send me a u2u

cya around have fun
se7en

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hello, kk897!
ATS can be a little overwhelming, but dive on in and see what all it has to offer. Give a shout if we can help out. I look forward to seing your thoughts on the topics we have floating around. Have fun!

FCL's (Frequently Clicked Links)...If you don't see what you need, u2u me or someone else. We will help if we can.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Use the search for specific topics, use "key" words. Check out BTS for lighter fare. Later.

E_T

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kk897
If everyone started to pick the evidence apart, examine the security camera footage, read newspaper accounts, drew diagrams, put forth opinions from other sources, would things start to look suspicious? Does extreme attention to a subject change the reality of that subject?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
-George Bernard Shaw

Welcome aboard, the beer is in the fridge and nuts are all over the place.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the grea ATS!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
From Dayton, Birthplace of Aviation.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thank you one and all for the warm welcome. I've gotten quite caught up in exploring everything here... right now I'm facinated by the John Titor episode. I like stuff that messes with my mind!

I hope to see you all around!

top topics

join