It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So some jerk is parked in my driveway...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Wash the car with DISH SOAP and when they ask what you are doing (if they catch you) say "I thought my partner had gotten a new car so I decided to give it a good washing!"
And a day later the clear coat on their car gets ever so "DULL" LMAO!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Call up a towing company and have it removed...simple as that.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRIGHT STAR
reply to post by n00bUK

Whuts a bonnet ?

Scots call it a bannet.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
is this thread a psychology experiment ? if its not it should be

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I will probably draw some criticism for this post,(to which I will not reply) but I was drawn to this thread because of the absolute absurdity of it. Angie's List would be a better place to post something of this nature. 6 pages of replies over something as trivial as someone parking in your driveway.

The adult thing to do would be to speak to the owner and ask him/her to remove the vehicle from your driveway. Vandalizing the vehicle in any way is the wrong thing to do. Would you want your own vehicle vandalized? Probably not. What if the vehicle was damaged, even if not by you? The fact that you made this rant and asked for advice from ATS members, many of which have advocated property damage, would probably make you a prime suspect. Surely you are old and mature enough to make a decision about this without advice and input from the members of a conspiracy forum. If I understand this correctly, you live in a suburban or city type environment. If that is the case, this may be the price you have to pay to live where you do.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is the rant forum and he's having a rant. And the 6 pages of daft replies are an attempt at de-stressing the OP.

I don't drive but I'd be fuming if I came home and some unknown person parked in MY drive leaving me to move my car way down the road. Must be almost the same as coming home to squatters in your house. Your drive is your space and only in an emergency should it be nicked. The OP didn't know if it was an emergency or if some cheeky bugger was taking advantage.

Anyway it's over now, nobody got hurt, and I bet he feels better and now he's making plans for the next time it happens?

edit on 18-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Getting that person ticketed and/or towed is not the "easy" way, it is the wise way. IN this particulalr case, it seems that the path of least resistance would be the wisest way, as much as I share your desire to rain cinder blocks upon the Mustang's window's and ice picks upon its tires. Save yourself a day in court (or even jail).

Likewise, I will resist the temptation to ask you to silence my neighbor's dog for me in exchange for having me re-arrange the appearance of the 'Stang.in your driveway.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've used the "park behind them" trick. It's awesome!

Not that it happened in my driveway but the Kindy where my child goes has "Kindergarten Only" parking out the front. Its sign posted as such and there aren’t enough parks for everyone bringing their kids there, let alone everyone else.

Last week I was grumpy and running late. As per usual another parent parked in the last spot and proceeded to get out, and walk off to do shopping. I pulled my Jeep (with a 3" lift - I could have parked ON TOP of her car if I really wanted to!), in behind. There was nowhere she could go.

I called work & said I would be late. I then spent that morning playing with my son at kindy, talking to the teachers there; I helped them fix their computer & shifted some heavy shelves they wanted moved. Sure enough - a red faced, angry lady came barging through the doors demanding to know who had parked their "monstrosity" behind her. The teachers and other parents chimed in and stated they hadn't seen her bringing children to the kindy and that it was kindy only parking. She blew a total fuse.

I dawdled out, admired the garden on the way and wandered over to my car. "Oh dear", "I’ve left my keys inside". I wandered back in (leaving her in a state of total meltdown, yet obvious embarrassment), strolled back and shifted my car.

By now her ice-cream had melted. My work here was done.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Let me make sure I understand the situation. Did this guy park in-front of your house(on the public road), or in your drive way? If it is in your privately owned driveway, call the cops and they will have it towed at owners expense.

If it is in the public way, well you don't own that so stop being a jerk. I know if some dumb#$$ slashed my tires or broke my windows to my car just because it was parked in front of his house... Well let's just say jail and civil court would be the least of the idiots worries.

----------
This entire thread seems to have attracted most of the psychopaths and sociopaths that litter ATS. Truly revolting and disgusting replies.
edit on 18-2-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE

Not that it happened in my driveway but the Kindy where my child goes has "Kindergarten Only" parking out the front. Its sign posted as such and there aren’t enough parks for everyone bringing their kids there, let alone everyone else.

Last week I was grumpy and running late. As per usual another parent parked in the last spot and proceeded to get out, and walk off to do shopping. I pulled my Jeep (with a 3" lift - I could have parked ON TOP of her car if I really wanted to!), in behind. There was nowhere she could go.

I called work & said I would be late. I then spent that morning playing with my son at kindy, talking to the teachers there; I helped them fix their computer & shifted some heavy shelves they wanted moved. Sure enough - a red faced, angry lady came barging through the doors demanding to know who had parked their "monstrosity" behind her. The teachers and other parents chimed in and stated they hadn't seen her bringing children to the kindy and that it was kindy only parking. She blew a total fuse.

I dawdled out, admired the garden on the way and wandered over to my car. "Oh dear", "I’ve left my keys inside". I wandered back in (leaving her in a state of total meltdown, yet obvious embarrassment), strolled back and shifted my car.

That is a psychopathic/sociopathic thing to do. And the fact that you have children(please say the kid isn't biologically yours) worries me even more. Let's face it, if your that much of a spiteful &^%$# with something like that, I would hate to see you drive. I would go as far as to say you shouldn't have your license. Your unfit to drive a motor vehicle on the public road way's. And I hope you stop driving as you are a threat to the lives of everyone else on the road.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

That is a psychopathic/sociopathic thing to do. And the fact that you have children(please say the kid isn't biologically yours) worries me even more. Let's face it, if your that much of a spiteful &^%$# with something like that, I would hate to see you drive. I would go as far as to say you shouldn't have your license. Your unfit to drive a motor vehicle on the public road way's. And I hope you stop driving as you are a threat to the lives of everyone else on the road.

Ha-ha. Oh dear!

Well - I can make you a bit happier. You see, the child isn't biologically mine. He was adopted by us. I’m not sure if you are familiar with our adoption process here, but it requires a lot of analysis of us as prospective parents by psychologists and psychiatrists over a period of years. We both passed with no mention of "psychopathic/sociopathic” tendencies…

I can also proudly state I have never had a speeding fine in 25 years of driving or even a minor traffic offence. You’ve really jumped to a few conclusions based on a forum post now, haven’t you?

Hey - some people get violent. Others may yell abuse. I only caused a minor inconvenience and in no way threatened anyones life.I merely returned the inconvenience they caused everyone else on a daily basis. Indeed, you would need to refer to all parents that were present that day as "psychopathic/sociopathic” as every single one of them was happy to see this happen to this lady. In fact, one child had been injured previously getting out of a car that had to park in the main street (quite a distance away) because the Kindergarten car park was filled with non-kindy-peoples cars. The child was hit by a car as they came around the back of their own car. That wouldn’t happen if the parent was able to park in the correct place as it’s a dead end street. Parents fault or not.

Has someone done this to you in the past and you still have a little sand in your underpants over it? Breathe, relax. You’ll be fine.

PS – the correct usage of the word is “you’re”

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
What's the big mystery here? If he is parked in YOUR driveway, he is tresspassing, have his car towed.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
this happens to me almost every weekend so i understand your pain. i have done all of the recommended peaceful tactics to try to get my Hispanic neighbors to stop doing this. nothing has worked except for this. its a bit mean spirited and kinda cruel... but i tried the rest.

get 4 bb's and put them inside the tire cap of each tire. it takes a little bit of trial and error to get it perfect. you dont want to tighten it too much to where you can hear air escape. no thats not fun... the idea is to get it to just barely let the air escape. that way for saftey it wont let air out during high speed driving. but if the car is parked. sooner rather than later and hopefully after they left your spot. they have 4 mystery flats. and the beauty is most people dont notice the bb fall out of the cap when they take it off. so it remains a true mystery to them...

well needless to say after 3x some one got the idea and they dont park in my spot any more... they park any where but mine.. lol

just dont get caught by the victim doing this... it will piss them off...

having said all that its allways better to just talk to them. 90% of people are real and will listen.. the other 10% are jerks and deserve 4 flat tires...

peace and love...

robert

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Risqman

post a bill for car storage on their windshield and file a lein on the vehicle if they dont pay, $50 for the evening sounds like a good amt to start with.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
glad all worked out well for ya OP.
i've read some interesting suggestions along the way, but, i confess, i must be getting old.
the first vile thought that crossed my mind was more like a flashback, however, i'm surprised no one suggested sugar or a pencil. those are easy, undetectable and certainly problematic.

ping pong balls as suggested are a marvelous mystery and a long-term headache
1/2 cup of sugar in the gas tank was quite popular when i was young but then those lockable caps made it a bit tougher to access.
and, since i'm rather petite, a simple lead pencil mark around the manifold also provides great distress for the owner (eventually) and limited finger-pointing.

in the old days, after applying one of the tactics above, then it would be towed.
i had forgotten about the BBs until another poster mentioned it, that's a good one too.

over the years, i've had notes disregarded, stains left in the driveway, trash that was inside the car now appearing across the lawn, puke left in the driveway for the dog to investigate in the am, found all kinds of paraphernalia left behind and once found nearly a case of empty beer bottles littered all over the driveway ... of course actions like these aren't as simple as parking in your spot but they warranted acts of impact greater than a simple note or tow.
ps ... in those days, cops wouldn't even respond to such a call, they'd laugh, hang up and laugh some more.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I would have hooked a tow strap around the rear axle and yanked it out into the middle of the street. I've got a 3/4 ton diesel so it'd handle doing that like nothing. Inconsiderate people.

Ex

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Are you aware of the fact that soda will eat through car paint, all the way down through
the base coat
and rust through after it's been in the rain a couple times!
( Imagine what it does to your stomach)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Ha-ha. Oh dear!

Well - I can make you a bit happier. You see, the child isn't biologically mine. He was adopted by us. I’m not sure if you are familiar with our adoption process here, but it requires a lot of analysis of us as prospective parents by psychologists and psychiatrists over a period of years. We both passed with no mention of "psychopathic/sociopathic” tendencies…

I can also proudly state I have never had a speeding fine in 25 years of driving or even a minor traffic offence. You’ve really jumped to a few conclusions based on a forum post now, haven’t you?

Hey - some people get violent. Others may yell abuse. I only caused a minor inconvenience and in no way threatened anyones life.I merely returned the inconvenience they caused everyone else on a daily basis. Indeed, you would need to refer to all parents that were present that day as "psychopathic/sociopathic” as every single one of them was happy to see this happen to this lady. In fact, one child had been injured previously getting out of a car that had to park in the main street (quite a distance away) because the Kindergarten car park was filled with non-kindy-peoples cars. The child was hit by a car as they came around the back of their own car. That wouldn’t happen if the parent was able to park in the correct place as it’s a dead end street. Parents fault or not.

Has someone done this to you in the past and you still have a little sand in your underpants over it? Breathe, relax. You’ll be fine.

PS – the correct usage of the word is “you’re”

No. The closest someone has ever came to mess with any car I owned was at a retail outlet(some idiot tried to break into my gas tank). I could guess the machinations, but suffice to say that when I am in the presence of evil or those I believe to be under the influence of evil, my blood begins to boil. If you told my the story to my face, well you could imagine the reaction.

And I know all I need to know about you. You think because you "do good" in many aspects of your life that entitles you to over compensate by being self righteous, well it doesn't.

Frankly spoken you do not have a conscience. Sure you may know right from wrong in a "nurture" kind of sense, but it is painfully obvious that you and the others who responded similarly to you are unable to truly feel right from wrong.

I guess that would actually make you a sociopath(as psychopaths tend to lack a firm grip on knowing right from wrong and are totally devoid of feeling right from wrong).

Your not going to get a high five from me, and I personally think of you(not specifically but those like you) are the number one threat to peace and tranquility in society. As your actions start a whole slue of other actions that lead towards an ever chaotic, and painful future.

edit on 25-2-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
What's the big mystery here? If he is parked in YOUR driveway, he is tresspassing, have his car towed.

Because, I suspect they are talking about people parked along the side of the road(and not in a privately owned drive way). Either way sit back and collect names of the resident psychopaths/sociopaths.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy web forum, allow me to interject a conspiracy slant to this...

You say there is a pink mustang parked in your driveway, not in front of your house on a public street, but in your driveway?

Are you married or do you have teenage children who are of dating age? Have you checked all the closets and underneath all the beds? If there is no possibility that some hanky-panky is going on in your home (without your knowledge), then move to step two:

Is one of your neighbors married? Would you think any of them would have potential "flings" park in your driveway to keep suspicion down, and would you normally be gone during or near the time the vehicle was in your driveway? If so, then you may have a neighbor who has a "fling" and is telling their "fling" to park in your driveway because they think you won't be home, and hence will not care.

I recommend purchasing an indoor video camera (costs about $80), but actually mounting it outside your home under a roof or on your porch or something. You can wire it into a monitor or directly into a DVR or computer, so that you can record the video (this is how I watch my rural driveway and know everyone who comes and goes - including when it is an unwanted guest). Have the thing watch your driveway and find out who this clown is and where they are visiting, then take action after gathering the proper information.

Even if it is just some doofus parking in your driveway and it is completely harmless, you may just get a kick out of the video surveillance. For example, just this past fall I watched the State Police come up my driveway (which is actually a private road with three houses on it), block off the road (only God knows why), and then go from house to house knocking on the doors. Naturally, knowing it was the government coming I ignored the knock when they came to my house. It turns out they just wanted to tell me and my neighbors someone went on a mailbox bashing spree (which I got on video and later presented to them, btw), but it was totally hilarious to sit in my home and watch the dynamic duo on camera, especially watching them clean the bottoms of their shoes on the tires of their police cruiser.

So you see, you don't need to do anything elaborate... If someone is parking in your driveway just wire up a camera (a perfectly legitimate and sane thing to do) and then get yourself a dog (again, not very weird), and sit back and enjoy the show! Big Brother ain't so bad, so long as you are the one sitting behind the camera.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join