So some jerk is parked in my driveway...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Go get a few hundred of those cheap stickers. You know the ones that always tear and leave residue when you try and pull them off? Stick those all over the car. It'll probably take you 15 minutes to put them on, but it will take them days, if not weeks to get them all off depending on how crazy and creative you get. No damage done.

Trust me, they will be EXTREMELY more pissed off than you were for them parking in your spot.

Otherwise, just have it towed. Problem solved, and they'll just have to deal with their stupidity in the morning.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
just put a note on his window, or ask nicely

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If he is actually parked in your driveway (private property) then call the police tell them you want the vehicle cited and toed and that you will sign the complaint. It has worked every time for me.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hey guys this happened 15 hours ago and you are still giving examples of what to do with this mustang?

You really believe it is still there in the driveway?

OP, is it?

Because that would be astonishing.

And OP, if it isn´t, why haven´t you told us yet what happened when the owner got back, and did you confront him? And when?

Maybe this is all a ruse, because this is starting to sound really strange...
edit on 17-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Hey guys this happened 15 hours ago and you are still giving examples of what to do with this mustang?

You really believe it is still there in the driveway?

OP, is it?

Because that would be astonishing.

And OP, if it isn´t, why haven´t you told us yet what happened when the owner got back, and did you confront him? And when?

Maybe this is all a ruse, because this is starting to sound really strange...
edit on 17-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

No, not a ruse. I assure you the pink 'Stang was blocking me last night.

I'd had a long day and was not happy about it, so I came on here to rant and get a few suggestions, serious or not so serious, and got plenty of good ones of both types.

I cooled down after a bit and went with the note idea, threatening to have it towed if I found it there in the morning. It was thankfully gone when I got up, so problem solved.

Thanks again to all for the replies, and for allowing me to vent (and have a few laughs along the way).

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Something to consider before any rash action. What ever you do to this vehicle will be remembered by the owner. "That's the point!" everyone here will say.
An act of vandalism will invite retaliation. That's the normal course of things with humans, right?
With that in mind, after you commit whatever vandalous act you care to to this person's car they will take their car and leave. You may not even see who the person is or what direction they drive off. You on the other hand will not be going anywhere. Niether will your house, or your car, pet, wife, child etc.

There are some crazy people out there...........best not to rile one of them. unless you plan on carrying a shotgun around all the time (better get one for the wife a kids too.) And, increase that homeowners policy while your at it

just something to consider

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i feel your pain op.

when i used to live in north east pa i was on a street where i had 1 of only 2 driveways. everyone else had to use street parking. i kept my car in the garage so i guess people thought it was ok to block me in.

well i can say one time in the winter i buried a car that was in my driveway with all the snow in my yard. it took a while but it was worth watching the guy shovel his car out with a window scraper for 2 hrs when he showed up.

other times i would take the air and valve cores out of the trespassers tires and screw the caps back on.

this went on for a while.. but stopped at some point. i won

ps i only did this to people that left their car in my drive over night. dog eat dog

edit on 17-2-2012 by spaceg0at because: woof

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

craigslist sell it salvage no title, call police, decorate it, make a boot for it and get a face to face with owner, tie a dog to it, potato in the exhaust pipe, turn him in to Homeland security, put for sale sign on it, hook a electric fence transformer on it, park it in, build wall around it, camo it or leave a pleasant note asking him to not do it again.
maybe it belongs to a hot chick.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Originally posted by Maxatoria

It's coming up on 2 AM where I live, and this damn pink car is still here. I'm fairly patient, but my limit is fast approaching.

I was going to write something like park behind him and tell him/her you will move your car after they pay you $100. Leave a plain wrapped box beside their passenger door, and then act like you dropped it there if they call the cops thinking it was a bomb. Or put holes in it and leave it a little bit open like a pet something escaped.

At 2am, call the cops. You have a person's car in your driveway. Who knows what they are doing, or why. At this point in time it is a threat to you. They could have parked it in your drive way, did something illegal, and went to your house get in the car, and go back home. Someone who spotted him, saw him leave in a car from your driveway, and they call the police. Now you are being questioned, and/or accused of being an accomplice to a crime or committing the crime yourself.

At 2am, if it was an emergency, then were are the police and/or ambulance? If they are running away from an abusive husband, guess who is going to be knocking on your door, or pounding it down. My God if they break in and enter.

If that guy/girl was dealing drugs, you don't want the swat team to raid your house because their car was in your driveway, and you never reported it.

I didn't get a chance to read the entire thread, and hopefully is has been peacefully resolved. If it was the day or afternoon, that is one thing. I know around here neighbors look after each other. This is whole other animal. If it was parked there, so it wouldn't get damaged parking elsewhere, that is no excuse.

Be careful.
edit on 17/2/2012 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)
edit on 17/2/2012 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If the person does it again after reading your note. Cover the window and door handles with petrolium jelly. Smear that stuff good on the windows and it's a pain in the butt to get off. And most of all it is not destructive.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Use a chair to reserve your parking spot. We do this in Pittsburgh all the time, most commonly after snowfall and your spot is all shoveled out. Still, some people use the parking chair year round, and If I was tired of someone taking my spot all the time, I would do the same.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2/17/2012 by goochball because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well..its the CITY'S space out there. And almost always... so is the spot between the sidewalk and street called the easement.

Unless you own the street and its part of your taxable property...parking is fair game.

PS On the plus side...no one can park in or block your driveway or across the public sidewalk. That is not legal.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

yes, at 1st thought I would have it towed as home owner, it would be your legal right do so, but your first answer was a good one to park behind and make him confront you that way you can tell him what you think of him in no uncertain terms.
On the other hand if you have it towed maybe the place is far enough away that would give him a hard enough time getting there and the money he would have to pay to get it his stupid car might be a good wake up call also.
But you don't want to get yourself in trouble by some idiot that inconsiderate enough to do that to you, by slashing his tires, or keying his car. Good luck, unfortunate that the world is full of inconsiderate self serving and insensitive people.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Whuts a bonnet ?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
wrap the car in cellophane.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
OR go get 25 no trespassing signs and post them in your yard then call the police.

link   
reply to post by BRIGHT STAR

the hood

link   
Yeah id box him in if i was you, if there is no-one parked infront or behind get a mate over to help with said boxing in of problem automobile

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRIGHT STAR
reply to post by n00bUK

Whuts a bonnet ?

Hood

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

Or opposite of the BOOT!!!

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>