It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So some jerk is parked in my driveway...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wait a tick...

In your Driveway like going into your GarageCarport (if you have one) driveway?

Oh hell no!

I did like the idea of parking behind them, also taking some photos if they decided to get bent out of shape when you answer the door eating an ice cream and they are like why you park behind me and you just close the door...

But that is what I would have already done long before I posted this here.

OH CRAP...wait another tick...

Could be a hot babe driving a pink Mustang...or a new boyfriend depending on how you roll and who it is...I say no pooping or going ape # till you know if they are lame you park behind them and call a tow truck if they are hot you park behind and invite them in for drinks!
edit on 17-2-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Put a sign on it that says "dont steal this car please criminals, its got alot of upgraded parts and a bunch of cash in the trunk" Big neon colours

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Fair point, but seriously, who writes a paper about what people on a conspiracy website think about someone blocking your driveway?

i was thinking it was more about the reaction of a section of society to a irritating situation.

most people do seem to want you to behave fairly nasty and believe you have a perfect right to.

if this is genuine and you want to know what i think has happened, my guess is that the car has broken down. the driver in a state of panic pulled it into your spot to keep it out of the way and not cause an obstruction on the road.

i am sure they will turn up tomorrow to pick it up and apologise for any inconvience they caused.

people have trouble these days with money and the owner probably couldn't get it towed or sorted immediately.

they have not left it there to upset. they were stuck and they are praying that the owner of the space does not flip.

you have not reacted and you can be proud of that when they come to collect it.

edit on 17-2-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I would probably take their license plate and make them either give me a good sob story about why they were there or pay me. If it was an emergency, give it to them and maybe even put it back on. If they were just being butthats, then be a butt in return and act like that old lady who keeps things that land in her yard.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

I feel your frustration & annoyance though OP...It's seriously taking the # to park in front of someone's driveway, & in the UK is actually considered an illegal offence.

So if this jerk is still parked there, I'd suggest getting the law involved.

Its not an offence to block a driveway in the uk, UNLESS there is a vehicle already parked on the driveway.
And even then its quite possible you could argue the toss. The UK law says houses in the UK have to have dropped kerbs to gain legal access to the highway.

If you are blocking their access (stopping them getting on the highway) then you can get towed, ticketed, fined etc. If there is no car on the drive then you are legally entitled to park over their dropped kerb, as it is part of the highway.

On topic: Who knows, people are strange lol. I read all 4 pages and pretty much all i could have said has been said.
Dont let it ruin you're day, if its still there in the morning call the police and report a suspicious (pink) abandoned car

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I would be most displeased.

I would get very angry, say i'm going to do this and that and then after a while, calm down a bit.

Try and wait until the person is back and then tell them not to park there.

Put a few cones out and a sign that says wet cement or paint when you go out and hope for the best.

Lay under the front of his car and slot a nice bit of fish in there for good measure.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Get a sticker or label.
Write on it no parking please move your car.
stick it on their driver side window.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
how about a tow truck.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Cant you call someone to come pickup the clearly illegally parked car?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A lot of BAD advice here but it is nice to dream about doing these things.
I would call the police and report the car as being an abandoned vehicle.
Should the driver show up,tell them not to park there anymore or you will
have it towed at their expense.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Put a banana in the muffler, the person will never notice. They'll just hop in and drive and then wonder why their having car trouble. If it's a pink mustang, it's a girl, not a guy.
Visiting her valley girl friend.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

"Put a banana in her muffler" - kinky

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

The best one ICANN tell you is get a ping pong ball and put it in the gas tank, said person will receive a nice surprise of there gas flow being cut off in the middle of the street ten minutes later all is fine. That is until the ping pong ball gets sucked back down again. It works great will drive the owner insane, and will cost them at least a fuel pump.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you for parking across my drive. It gives me the chance to act like a movie star and slide across your hood now and then.
Try it, it's AWESOME!

I like this one! I would so do that!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Play the creepy card...

Do no harm to the car...
That is illegal
Do not go to jail!

Instead go buy reduced price Valentine's Day junk...
Candy heart chocolate box... Plastic roses... But the most imporant thing...
A pink stuffed animal... Place it on the hood and walk away...
If u get one thing make sure it is the syuffed animal...

Trust me it will screw with them for days!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Step 1. Put up a sign that says $300 an hour parking, take a picture of the mustang and the sign together.

Step 2. ???

Step 3. Money in your pocket.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I had this happen to me years ago when I was renting a house.It was a private lot behind the house so I was the only one who was allowed to park back there.One day this car just started showing up.It was only parked there until 2 or so in the after noon and I was never able to catch who it was.After the third day I simply left a note on the windshield stating if they parked there again I would have the car towed.That ended it real quick.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
While outright slashing the tires is obviously a bad idea......why not just dump a few boxes of roofing nails around, under and in the path the car has to travel to leave? When the owner comes up mad as all get out....fake shock and surprise at the fact he pulled IN across those nails and didn't hit one. Point out that the hazard in *YOUR* driveway is why *YOU* weren't parked in it yourself...and what was he thinking just merrily driving on across your private property and parking in your private driveway? You could even point out that if he hadn't violated your property rights, he might not have blow his tires on those unfortunate nails...after all, there are actual reasons for not invading other people's property.

He'll blow a gasket, I'm sure...but what are the odds he took a picture to prove the nails weren't actually there before?? I also can't see how it could possibly backfire on you since this is your property and that fact seems clear and without question. Screw him if he doesn't like it.

IF he sees the mess BEFORE backing out over them, you can simply explain that you're under no time constraints to clean a spill well within your own property lines...but he's welcome to go get a broom from someone else to clean it up, if he can't wait a few days until you get some free time. Just a thought!
edit on 17-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Is it an old mustang or a new one? Have you entered any sweepstakes lately where the prize is a pink mustang?

First get the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and the tag number. Call the law and tell them that a strange vehicle is parked in your driveway and that there is a nasty smell coming from the trunk area.

Video the cops destroying the vehicle looking for a dead body and post it here.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
write a nice note that states: Please do not park in my drive again, thank you!. Take a rubber band and fasten the note to a large brick. Take the brick and throw it through a side window onto the seat, go inside, and watch TV and wait. Maybe fix yourself a snack while waiting as well... (personally I like nachos)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join