It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Private number' Listened in to my house for 13 hours!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sounds like you actually hit the "flash" button instead of actually hanging up. It is extremely weird though whoever was on the other end didn't hang up either though!

Must have been a bill collector with a computer calling, and it just never disconnected.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I've had this happen to me before. I don't even know how it's possible to hang a phone up/disconnect and a call is still active, but it definitely is. I don't think it was too strange despite that, it was just some marketing call. But as for how they got around it, who knows. You could repeatedly put the phone down and pick it up again and the voice is just carrying on.

It's actually quite dangerous, what if we needed to ring an emergency service?
edit on 17-2-2012 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Man, now that is creepy.

Where's your cell phones? In this day age, I thought every used cell phones and got rid of the land lines.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Man, now that is creepy.

Where's your cell phones? In this day age, I thought every used cell phones and got rid of the land lines.

I don't know about in the US but over the pond here, we need to have a landline in most cases for broadband internet. It's better for the granny to ring on too because she still thinks it costs about £2 a minute to ring a mobile bless her.

I have received a lot of automated messages in the last few days so I'm thinking maybe it was related to this. I hate marketing, even more so now it isn't even a real person that calls

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I would suggest that you try to figure out what the private number was. It might has been someone butt dialed you and your phone was off the hook.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join