It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Father Crespi Collection: Pre-Indian culture? Strange and Amazing Artifacts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Discovered this interesting page on the artifacts and collection of one Father Crespi - an Italian priest based in Ecuador from 1923-1982. These artifacts were given/sold to Crespi by local Indians who stated they found them in subterranean tunnels under the jungles. They do not appear to have any similarities to known indigenous tribes on record - either now or in recorded history. Some of the pieces look almost Babylonian in origin.
Anyhow, I thought it was an interesting find. Check out the pics near the bottom of the page, and the second video where Crespi shows a reporter his collection.

Many may not be familiar with what we call the Crespi Collection, but it was/is one of the more amazing collection of artifacts from South & Central America that has every been brought together. Father Carlos Crespi was a Silesian-monk who lived in Ecuador. He did missionary work among the Indian population in remote valleys during his lifetime. Crespi received or bought many artifacts from the indigenous people in Ecuador. When questioned, they told him they had found them in subterranean cave systems in the jungles. As time progressed, many of these relics were brought together and kept in the courtyard of the church Maria Auxiliadora. Unfortunately, many of the artifacts were destroyed in a fire in 1962 or later when the church was restored. Also, many were lost or wound up with treasure hunters. After Father Crespi passed away, the remaining artifacts of the original collection were removed and made inaccessible to the public. Some may still be stored in the cellar archive of the church Maria Auxiliadora. The age and origin of these items is still unknown today. Father Crespi never tried to classify them. The picture motifs are strange, their meaning not understood. These objects show the pictures of an unknown culture. Were they left by unknown civilizations? The most well known pieces are tablets made of silver, gold foil or other alloys with unknown letters and mysterious symbols.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

edit on 17-2-2012 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

www.abovetopsecret.com...
this thread has more pics and much more ..peace

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

That first one HAS to be Babylonian, it has to be, it's basically (from memory) identical!
obligitory second line.

oops... flagged.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

The Padre gets a lot of shouting done, doesn't he.. lol

Reminds me of an old rummy i used to know.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yeah it's a really strange set of artefacts, the cup with 12 smaller cups has to be the most interesting thing i've ever read about.

Have a look at the other thread, it a lot more informative, and carries a lot of other links too. Hence no flag.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

edit on 17-2-2012 by harryhaller because: duplicate ... happening a lot lately, apologies.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i Agree, the first picture has Annunaki written all over it, crazy!
Someone should go out there and try to find these damn tunnels already.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Very interesting.

The first picture, I think, could be of native origin, just looking at the clothing worn. It seems to be a feather edged cloak.

However, the remaining images, particularly the second, seem very, to my eye, middle eastern.

Good find. I'm going to look on the net and see what else I can find out about this collection.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Are these the same tunnels Von Daniken writes about in Gold of the Gods??
This is really in need of further research.....
ya, find those caves!
the stuff has an egyptian flare to it as well......

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

That first one HAS to be Babylonian, it has to be, it's basically (from memory) identical!

More likely Assyrian.

And it looks like it because it is. That's not part of his collection, as far as I've ever seen. And I've seen pretty much every pic ever uploaded of his collection.

Harte

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

More likely Assyrian.

And it looks like it because it is. That's not part of his collection, as far as I've ever seen. And I've seen pretty much every pic ever uploaded of his collection.

Harte

Hmm....did you check out the video of him showing his collection to a reporter at his home/residence in South America? I'm pretty sure that first artifact is indeed in the video. I will re-check that.

Thanks everyone for the heads-up on the other thread on this subject.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eniii
i Agree, the first picture has Annunaki written all over it, crazy!
Someone should go out there and try to find these damn tunnels already.

Here's a documentary on the tunnels on YT. It's n Spanish unfortunately, but still pretty interesting. I assume these are some of the tunnels that these artifacts were found in - but not knowing Spanish, I can't confirm that for sure.

It's the first video of a 10 part documentary I think...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by Harte

More likely Assyrian.

Harte

Hmm....did you check out the video of him showing his collection to a reporter at his home/residence in South America? I'm pretty sure that first artifact is indeed in the video. I will re-check that.

The metal one appears to be made by overlaying the thin metal sheet on the other figure and shaping it to it by pounding on it.

The solid figure (the "form" for the metal one) appears to be a mold of an Assyrian frieze.

Make the mold, lay the metal over it, pound a little and viola! Instant lost civilization.

That's probably how the solid figure lost its "pinecone," hand and forearm. Broke off by pounding.

I hadn't seen the mold, I'm surprised they would even show it.

It shows how little regard for the intelligence of interested persons the fringe has.

Harte

top topics

join