It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Economics and Autarky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Definition of AUTARKY 1 : self-sufficiency, independence; specifically : national economic self-sufficiency and independence 2 : a policy of establishing a self-sufficient and independent national economy

www.merriam-webster.com...

China will overtake the United States as the worlds largest economy within five years. I think that the only way for America to save itself is Aurtarky.

World War I and the subsequent Treaty of Versailles with its severe reparations imposed on Germany led to a decade of economic woes, including hyperinflation in the mid 1920s. Following the Wall Street Crash of 1929, the German economy, like many other western nations, suffered the effects of the Great Depression with unemployment soaring. When Hitler became Chancellor in 1933, he introduced new efforts to improve Germany's economy, including autarky - discouraging most trade with other nations and emphasizing economic self-sufficiency - and a radical extension of the Autobahn system founded in the late years of the Weimar republic

en.wikipedia.org...
It makes no sense to aid the rise of China by trading with them. It makes no sense to borrow money from them. If America cannot stand alone without China then it is already dead. China will demand the 'Reserve Currency Status' within five years. America emerged from WW2 with it but even now it has no right to hold reserve status. China is building to become the undisputed superpower and America is helping. America must only trade with its allies if it is to survive.

Initially, the outbreak of World War II did not bring about any large changes in the German economy. Germany had spent six years preparing for war, and a large portion of the economy was already devoted to military production. Unlike most other governments, the Nazis did not increase direct taxes by any significant amount in order to fund the war. The top income tax rate in 1941 was 13.7% in Germany as opposed to 23.7% in Great Britain

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The Nazi Party prepared for war so the German people did not suffer. America would be lucky to survive a few months if China cut them off. China contines to get stronger as the United State continues to get weaker.

Mercantilism was a policy followed by empires, especially in the 17th and 18th centuries, forbidding or limiting trade outside the empire. In the 1930s, autarky as a policy goal was sought by Nazi Germany, which maximized trade within its economic bloc and minimized external trade, particularly with the then world powers such as Great Britain, the Soviet Union, and France, with which it expected to go to war and consequently could not rely upon. The economic bloc wherein trade was maximized comprised countries that were economically weak—namely, those in South America, the Balkans and eastern Europe (Yugoslavia, Romania and Hungary)[2]—and had raw materials vital to Germany's growth.

en.wikipedia.org...
America must do what the Nazi Party did and maximize trade within America and limit external trade. All external trade should only be with its allies. America cannot continue to rely on China.

There have been some threads recently that have likened The Nazi Party to the United States Government. I think that is unfair. The Nazi Party made Germany strong. The American Government seems intent on making America weak. I think it is partly due to incompetence but I think the biggest problem is that the politicians care more about themselves than they care about their country. These millionaires and their friends have no sovereignty. The standard that they pledge to is profit and personal gain. Whatever the problem is I think it is clear that the Nazi Party's autarky is far more sensible than America's policy of contributing to its own demise. The Nazi Party was far better at running and protecting an economy than the United States.

Autarky is America's solution.
edit on 17-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

join