It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. won't allow more fungicide in orange juice - FDA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

U.S. won't allow more fungicide in orange juice - FDA

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Thursday declined to raise the levels it will accept of an illegal fungicide commonly used in the Brazilian orange juice industry.
Brazilian and U.S. juice industry groups had asked the FDA to allow higher levels of the fungicide, carbendazim, until June 2013 to allow the industry time to switch to another option.
Carbendazim is illegal on all citrus in the United States, but commonly used in Brazil, the world's top orange juice exporter, to combat mold on orange trees. It is permitted in juice imports to the European Union, Br
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
way to go US theres a good mark on that list. keep an eye on it my UK friends. with food the direction it is going this might fuel the fire for GE citrus, or try to find that fine line that dose far more good than any harm. this is a corner stone per say in the world daily diet. I just though i would add this article to the archives.

input is what its here for.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well that doesn't make sense.

How is the FDA going to kill off all the US citizens if they keep regulating low/lower levels of toxins in the food supply?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

They still have Orange Juice light don't forget, plenty of aspartame in that still.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by boncho

They still have Orange Juice light don't forget, plenty of aspartame in that still.

Well that's good. I was starting to lose face in this whole "overlords at the FDA trying to kill us" thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Well that doesn't make sense.

How is the FDA going to kill off all the US citizens if they keep regulating low/lower levels of toxins in the food supply?

They decided to torture us instead.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The orange juice industry didn't bribe hard enough

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
OH NO!
Now the orange juice companies will turn into Orange Kombucha companies!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I don't drink orange juice because I'm allergic to sulfites or fungicide or something in it since I was a young child. One of my friends told me that OJ never goes bad in the fridge. I had a bottle of OJ for making an orange sauce in my fridge. My friend swore it would be just fine....even though it's over a year old. It is. I guess the stuff has so much fungicide that it never goes bad just like McDonald's food. Anyone want some OJ?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I Guess the U.S. is Trying VERY HARD to PROTECT US , I Hope .....

new topics

top topics

join